Any one do a SScale Sulaco?

RickDTM

Sr Member
Hi All. My first post....so if this has been asked before I apologize. I was wondering if anyone had ever built a Studio Scale Sulaco, or at least one larger than the Halcyon kit?

Originally posted by Samos 3@Dec 18 2005, 06:54 PM
Not yet.... stay tuned.  ;)
[snapback]1138823[/snapback]​

Want to elaborate a bit on that? :confused or are you that guy who goes around saying "stay tuned.", and is never heard from again? :wacko

Unless you're "fistius", then all is forgotten :love

Whoever that guy is... he aint me. You should be hearing quite a bit from me in the future. Of the half dozen or so studio scale capital ship models I have going, the Sulaco is one of them. I would like to take the time here to point out that even though they are credited as coming from the collection of someone else, all those close-up reference photos of the Sulaco that are found on other modeling sites were taken by me. Bob Burns was kind enough to let me do an extensive study of the original model at his home where it is stored. My Sulaco should be completed sometime in 06, so... stay tuned.

No. Samos is legit. I'm glad he's on the RPF now. He has been working on some cool projects for some time. He's the reason I started a Galactica....................And other ships:)

Glad you're here.

Mark

In the meantime there's the Konami. :D

Only about 3 inches long tho.

sulaco.jpeg

Originally posted by Samos 3@Dec 20 2005, 12:20 PM
Whoever that guy is... he aint me. You should be hearing quite a bit from me in the future. Of the half dozen or so studio scale capital ship models I have going, the Sulaco is one of them. I would like to take the time here to point out that even though they are credited as coming from the collection of someone else, all those close-up reference photos of the Sulaco that are found on other modeling sites were taken by me. Bob Burns was kind enough to let me do an extensive study of the original model at his home where it is stored. My Sulaco should be completed sometime in 06, so... stay tuned.
[snapback]1139890[/snapback]​

Samos, Thi is music to my ears.. I'm assuming this may be a kit?? SO looking forward to seeing this....

I was wondering if anyone had ever built a Studio Scale Sulaco, or at least one larger than the Halcyon kit?
Comet Miniatures in the UK had a resin kit available a few years ago under the makers name 'BCI'.

Mine is still erm... 'awaiting construction' but I think the finished thing is around 24" long.

Harry.

Sorry RickDTM, Its going to be an exact copy of the studio model, not a kit. Well... not an exact copy. The filming model is a half model only finished on the right side. Mine will be complete all way round. It will be for sale if you really want it.

Originally posted by Samos 3@Dec 20 2005, 10:20 AM
[snapback]1139890[/snapback]​

Well, whoever you are B) (I already figured out you're NOT Mark Dickson), I sure am glad you're making a SS Sulaco and sharing it with us. Just for the record, how long is the original? It seems like it's about 8 to 10 feet long from the picture on Bob's website, or am I way off?

@ Mycroft: I didn't mean to sound like he wasn't legit, I guess I should have used different smiley's, sorry to you and Samos.

And just so you know, the fellow I mentioned earlier is working on a 1/1200 Sulaco loosely based on the BCI kit Harry mentioned, mostly using it as a size reference to make new patterns, the R word is not involved.

Ahhh Samos, I must say I'm bummed it won't be a kit. :( Still, it will be great to see it done.

Vice- I contacted fistius about the Sulaco, and he said he sold it to someone else.

The BCI resin Sulaco that is @ 2 feet long is CRAP. Rick, your best option is just to scratcch build one.
George :D
Oh, and yes I did have one and I know what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by saintg@Dec 22 2005, 01:11 PM
The BCI resin Sulaco that is @ 2 feet long is CRAP.  Rick, your best option is just to scratcch build one.
[snapback]1141442[/snapback]​

Hi George.. Nice to see a familiar face. :) Is it really that bad??

PS - That's my Munch paint up in your avatar. Cool..

Yeagh, I know. I love that paint job. I actually have the kit. It's on the to-do list. I hope you don't mind me using it.

Originally posted by saintg@Dec 22 2005, 02:39 PM
Yeagh, I know.  I love that paint job.  I actually have the kit.  It's on the to-do list.  I hope you don't mind me using it.
[snapback]1141513[/snapback]​

I don't mind at all...

Originally posted by saintg@Dec 22 2005, 11:11 AM
The BCI resin Sulaco that is @ 2 feet long is CRAP.  Rick, your best option is just to scratcch build one.
[snapback]1141442[/snapback]​

Well if you're selling, and Rick doesn't want it, I may be interested... even though it's crap.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back