Any horror stories with shipping of MGC Mauser or other replica guns by USPS, FexEx..

Trilan

Hey guys, a few days ago I won an auction for an MGC Mauser to make a Han Solo Blaster. In the auction I also won an MGC Thompson machine gun.
I didn't give it much thought until I won, but I started to wonder if complications might arise with having these items shipped. These of course are not REAL guns, but
to someone who is not a firearms expert, they do look and feel like real guns. And of course shipping a gun without a FFL is illegal.
The replicas I bought don't say they are replicas on the boxes and they don't have orange plugs in the barrels... they just look like real guns. And the Thompson is worse of course because it looks like a very illegal machine gun.
Anyway, this has really made me wonder. If they ship the guns and they get here without a problem... then what is stopping people from shipping real guns, other than the fear of getting caught?
But on the other hand, if the packages are scanned, and the guns are spotted, what is to stop them from being handed over to the authorities? Since they look EXACTLY like real guns.

Has anyone ever had or heard any problems with shipping stuff like this?

Re: Any horror stories with shipping of MGC Mauser or other replica guns by USPS, Fex

UPS and FEDEX shipped them all with no problem , even had a TM M1A1 Thompson as well with no issues , airsoft Spas 12 , AMT Hardballer 45 longslide , airsoft, and a 1911 airsoft as well , still no issues

Re: Any horror stories with shipping of MGC Mauser or other replica guns by USPS, Fex

Thanks for the reply! That puts my mind to ease a bit. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back