Any good model donor "scores" lately?

While in Tokyo this week, I stopped by the Tamiya Plamodel Factory and picked up these two kits:

View attachment 664311

While this Tyrrell kit isn't exactly "the vintage" 5' ANH MF donor, it does have many donor kit parts in this particular issue. (Thank you DM!)

Regards,

André
My Dad has this saying "Talk to the butcher not the block" , that's what you've done here , well done

At last my unicorn bloody Kettenkrad, instead of trawling eBay found locally €80 euro local pickup (no shipping or customs )
IMG_7913.JPGIMG_7914.JPG

And another beauty , Tamiya Ferrari 312B $80 plus shipping , still around what I paid locally for new Tamiya mclaren
IMG_7915.JPGIMG_7916.JPGIMG_7917.JPG

Niels found me these gems at a bargain price recently.
(Adams/UPS kit were used a bunch in the UK during the late 60's, especially on 2001 and UFO)View attachment 616613
The Honest John was slightly started, but it pairs up great with another started kit I have.
You know Lee, a few years back(2015) Revell re-released some the old Adams kits if I recall as they have the molds now.
Not sure if they are making them.

You know Lee, a few years back(2015) Revell re-released some the old Adams kits if I recall as they have the molds now.
Not sure if they are making them.
Yes I think I know the ones you are thinking of, I'll re-check but I believe Revell had similar but different kits of the same subjects. Specifically the Honest John. So it's a different kit. Thankfully the new owners of Revell are already re-issuing some of their old kits.

Yes I think I know the ones you are thinking of, I'll re-check but I believe Revell had similar but different kits of the same subjects. Specifically the Honest John. So it's a different kit. Thankfully the new owners of Revell are already re-issuing some of their old kits.
Lee S, white courtesy telephone (AKA RPF messenger/conversations), please. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back