Any foam tips for making the new Invincible Iron Man suit?

Misisto

For this suit I'm thinking of using creating templates constructing it out of foam and then gluing the pieces onto the undersuit which will be a spandex faceless bodysuit. A couple things I'm wondering about is the thickness of the foam I should use, any issues with mobility (especially in the arms) and how I might include LEDs without making the battery pack visible. Thanks y'all.

Iron_Man_All_New_and_All_Different.jpgInvincible_Iron_Man_1_Cover1_Fotor.jpg

hey bro I have seen this suit and I have really wanted to start on it at some point, good luck! also I think using the Arkham Knight's helmet as a base template minus all of the fancy stuff, but I recently used that for my Red Hood helmet and I think it would work well for this

hey bro I have seen this suit and I have really wanted to start on it at some point, good luck! also I think using the Arkham Knight's helmet as a base template minus all of the fancy stuff, but I recently used that for my Red Hood helmet and I think it would work well for this

I was just thinking of using the Extremis helmet and modifying it a bit. I'll take a look at the Arkham Knight helmet, if the Extremis and AK helmets don't work out then I'll probably just try to make it from scratch.

Last edited:
Hahaha it's funny I saw this post because I just asked a few modelers if I could commission them to make this suit for pepakura :lol

Hahaha it's funny I saw this post because I just asked a few modelers if I could commission them to make this suit for pepakura :lol

You ever watch any of Evil Ted Smith videos? It would probably help a lot with making this suit, give or take the kinks I'm trying to figure out. You should definitely commission the helmet for pep though haha. Basically this suit is just foam cut out into plates and glued on a suit, a lot like Dynamite Webber's NIghtwing suits.

To me if you're looking at foam on an undersuit then mobility in the arms could definitely be interesting, particularly as the shoulder seems one part and comes onto the chest quite a bit. You could make it with thinner foam so as not to restrict movement forward and back (more flexible) but I'm not sure how well any paint would hold up if you went for it.

In my mind you'd need more of a gap on the inner elbow as well or the panels will make contact and limit your movement there.

If it's a one piece body suit you might have some difficulties getting it on after all the foam is attached depending on how rigid it is. In my mind you wouldn't want to go higher than 6 mm for sure but I'm not sure if you would want to go thinner.

Hope these musings make sense.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back