Any Florida preds going to Dragon Con?

Blasturbator

Sr Member
This might be my first con, since i never made it to Megacon
I would like to know everything needed and everything about it, and maybe tag along together or something

i'm going. i'll be leaving prolly thursday mid-morning. it's a six and half hour drive for me. and i'm sure that there will be a DC planning thread going up some time soon. And then we'll know more. as for everything you need? lol...that differs for everyone. depends on how many people you are taking and how many costumes you are going to wear! and everything about it? about what? the con...http://dragoncon.org/ that's everything about the con. are you going for just one day or all four? if you are planning on staying, then you are getting started a bit late. finding a hotel room at this point is going to be tough. unless you can find some one to share with. i would offer, but i already have company. just keep your eyes open for the DC planning thread. Hope to see you there!

Hey folks,

You basically have to reserve a room for the following year a few days/week after this year's is over. Getting one now isn't impossible, if you go thru a person and not the hotels.

Rooms for DragonCon goers
DragonCon main page

Depending what you are into, there are tons of fan tracks to follow - workshops, panel discussions, anything you can imagine. Its a lot easier on you if you decide what you want to see and attend the most, and then plan each day around that. You will not see everything. You just can't. If you have already purchased tickets, you should recieve the booklet that they publish each year with a full schedule for all events. Read thru it and you can plan accordingly. I'm not sure, but I believe it comes a month or so before the actual Con. Check online to find out about all the private parties and events - some are open, some are invite only.

I know the Hyatt used to be the party spot, but they have opened up overflow hotels and such, so the Hyatt may be a little quieter these days.
I live about 30 mins. north of the downtown area, let me know if you need any help getting around. I couldn't get a room in time, so I wont be staying down there but I'll prob be there Saturday for sure and maybe Sunday.

*Seriously though - don't go wandering around downtown Atlanta after dark.

Thanks for the info...mainly i would like to stick to the main pred group(if theres one) , its about an 7 to 8 hour drive accordingly to mapquest.
For the event ..im down to go to the parade for sure, parties is a must lol nothing too crazy tho
Ill be checking those pages to find any rooms available or wait till a DC planning Thread opens
Thanks for the info again

Anytime.
I hear ya, I want to meet up with who ever is there from the Lair. Def won't have the suit done by then, but I can at least get my shirt ordered and represent.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back