Any decent cheap model shops for raw parts?

MangyDog

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, im doing a little research for a future scratch build project i have planned.... And i went to a local model shop that sells styrene parts, and it utterly astounded me how much everything cost. 2 small 10cm long girders around £3.50 or £4... 6 quid per a4 sheet of textured styrene.... Looking at 4D model shop online is about just as bad...

These are insane prices for small cheap to make parts.... Anyway obviously a lot of this is the shops markup, so does anyone know of a good place to go to for more wholesale prices? Even in the EU? see the thing is as for that girder.... Ill need about 100, maybe a little less..... And theres tons of other greebles i need to... So any good goto for cheap greeble parts for kitbashing?

Im not against the idea of getting some of these parts and then duplicating them by casting if I cant get these kind of things cheap... Anything above 50p for these girders I think is taking the piss tbh...

Your talking styrene strips?

I had an old hobby/shoe store close down in town last year. They were pretty much liquidating everything. I kept telling myself I should stop in and just buy the entire rack of Evergreen Strip styrene at 70% off than sell it piecemeal via EBay. Honestly I’m just too busy to do something like that but it was a thought...

Trips and that plastruct stuff...
I dont know if this is a clue or not to what i have planned but 90691 was used as a part in the studio model... as well as lots of paper clips...

Im also going to be doing some brass etching for parts...

What i might end up doing to try and save costs, it make a few master models and then do resin casts for some greebles...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back