Any dark crystal props out there?

frosty

Sr Member
Dark crystal and labryinth are two of my favourite henson films, are there any props around from these films, i know most of the puppets were foam latex and that rots over time, i saw a hoggle costume in an exhibition over here about ten years ago and it was starting to fall apart, they also had the ritual master from dark crystal and this too was starting to come apart.
So does anyone have any pics/ links etc?.

Oh yeah.
There are a few members here with Screen-used stuff that you would kill for. :lol

They will post when they see this. :)

I love both movies. I have to admit that it's been a while since I last watched Dark Crystal (more than a year), but I pop in the Labyrith DVD a couple of a year. Great stuff. I'll probably watch both again tonight now that I'm thinking about it :lol

Sideshow did a couple of a dolls for Kira and Jen. I never bought them, but I gave it a lot of thought. Once upon a time I had seen Dark Crystal Shards cast in purple tinted clear resin, but it's been a looooong time since I last saw one. Wish I had picked one up when I had the chance :cry

Monsters in Motion has a 12" Jereth. While are they not intended as "Labyrinth props" it isn't too tough to find crystal balls that look like the ones in the movie.

That's all I know of.

I'm a huge Dark Crystal fan
I did these a few years back

kirajenfizzgig.jpg

mystic.jpg

the mystic took a little over 9 months (that was working every day but 2)
and kira jen and fizzgig took about 3 for all of them

they're not props, but I'm pretty pleased with them

Originally posted by tgreco@Jan 10 2006, 01:45 PM

they're not props, but I'm pretty pleased with them
[snapback]1155416[/snapback]​

As well you should be. Those are very well done (damn, no applaus smilie... a thumbs up will have to do) :thumbsup

Any more pics of the Mystic?

Those are some great sculpts, yeah post some more of the mystic,
i did a hoggle and ludo bust years ago which was produced as a model kit, i used super sculpey to do the sculpt and it was the first time i had used it, they are not as good as i would have liked but they did ok.
43ad6ae5521b9.jpg

4391e440ce9e8.jpg

Forgive the pics, this is the master sculpt i gave to a friend and he wanted me to do a replacement hand for a puppet he had, he used hoggle as a size referance.
43ad70ae98e3a.jpg

This is the ludo, again not that accurate, but ok
Be cool to see some other stuff.

umm thats cool... but he said the dark crystal... not labrynth. :confused

Originally posted by frosty@Jan 10 2006, 04:08 PM
Those are some great sculpts, yeah post some more of the mystic,
i did a hoggle and ludo  bust years ago which was produced as a model kit, i used  super sculpey to do the sculpt and it was the first time i had used it, they are not as good as i would have liked but they did ok.
43ad6ae5521b9.jpg

4391e440ce9e8.jpg

Forgive the pics, this is the master sculpt i gave to a friend and he wanted me to do a replacement hand for a puppet he had, he used hoggle as a size referance.
43ad70ae98e3a.jpg

This is the ludo, again not  that accurate, but ok
Be cool to see some other stuff.
[snapback]1155489[/snapback]​

Originally posted by oldken@Jan 10 2006, 04:27 PM
umm thats cool... but he said the dark crystal... not labrynth.  :confused

[snapback]1155503[/snapback]​

Actually he did say both movies, read the original post :)

Originally posted by oldken+Jan 10 2006, 03:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oldken @ Jan 10 2006, 03:27 PM)</div>
umm thats cool... but he said the dark crystal... not labrynth.  :confused
[snapback]1155503[/snapback]​
[/b]

Actually, he asked for both :p

<!--QuoteBegin-frosty
@Jan 10 2006, 12:36 PM
Dark crystal and labryinth are two of my favourite henson films, are there any props around from these films...

If you want to nit-pic the details, he did ask for props and not statues or toys.

Considering the lack of material and the talent of the posters so far, I vote we let them slide ;)

derrr...

man, i read the topic, and went straight to the pics. (i always miss the good playboy articles as well. :p )

oops. :confused

well sweet, as i love both movies as well... jump magic jump.

a life size hoggle would be freaky...

i remember that some site was starting to produce skeksi heads... cant remember who... anybody? there was a thread back in the summer that had the afformentioned screen used props in it.

I just thought i would show what i had done, hey replica's are ok too, i am hoping to do some more pieces this year, as they seem to be thin on the ground.
Yeah a life sized hoggle would be great, i wonder what happenend to the originals, and if the creature shop kept any of the moulds

Did somebody say Dark Crystal.. ;)

Original Jen Head Casting
jenhead.jpg

Original Jen Hand Casting w/ Glove
jenhand.jpg

Original Podling Head Casting
podlinghead.jpg

Screen Used Podling Hand
podlinghands.jpg

Screen Used Baby Podling Hands
babypodlinghands.jpg

Screen Used Podling Flute
podlingflute.jpg

Screen Used Skeksis Armor
skeksisarmor.jpg

Resin Skeksis Head Casting (1)
skeksis_1.jpg

Resin Skeksis Head Casting (2)
skeksis_2.jpg

Unreleased Garthim Toy
garthim.jpg

Unreleased Landstrider Toy
landstrider.jpg

-Zoid

Here are some other pieces from the Propazoid collection that he is a little shy to show everyone....I SAY FLAUNT IT IF YA GOT IT.

Propazoid's Gelfing "leave behinds"
coyote-poop.jpg

Propazoid's Dark Crystal Skeksi Committee Pens
poop-7447.jpg

yep, thats the stuff i was talking about as well...

i dont think a better DC screen used collection exists... unless its Speilburg or GL...

wow, i would love to have... well any of that.

what is the jen head made of???

dont you just have an itch to have someone "finish" it? i know it would plauge my existance... i wouldnt do it... but it would be on my mind.

ever think of having it recasted so you could though??? and maybe send a few copies our way... hint hint... ;)

simply awesome stuff.

how many of those landstriders were made??? i swear a kid i went to school had one, and i never could find it... either i dreamed it, or his dad had some toy biz connections? :confused

Originally posted by oldken@Jan 10 2006, 09:56 PM
yep, thats the stuff i was talking about as well...

i dont think a better DC screen used collection exists... unless its Speilburg or GL...

wow, i would love to have... well any of that.

Hey thanks a lot for that comment.

I love my DC props & I'm still hunting around for more. I'm glad you guys like them too.

And as for Dave aka The Mantis...Don't you have some goofy suit jacket to show off, that was worn by the assistant of the guy that brought water to Sean Connery in some Bond movie?

Love ya ;)

-Zoid

Originally posted by maniacman7@Jan 10 2006, 11:33 PM
what about your crystal shards you made back in the day Zoid?

they were AWESOME too

Lance
    TR2640
[snapback]1155915[/snapback]​

I don't suppose you still have one of those laying around taking up valuable shelf space? I might be persuaded to help you out with that problem :angel

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back