Any cheap gold coins to fill a john wick inspired poker chip tray?

PaulieWalnuts

I was wanting to have a whole poker tray of john wick coins like they're stored in the movie. I got some good replicas off ebay for about $20 each, but I'm not looking to spend $2000 to fill a whole poker tray. So I was thinking of just using the john wick coins at the front/back and filling the center with something cheap. Any one know of any cheap (preferably metal) coins where at least the edges look gold?

Thanks, I didn't even think of using washers, but those would be too small as the John wick coins I have are 38mm. Based on your idea I tried to find washers that were that size but couldn't :/

Currently I got some copper coins that are the correct size from a precious metal dealer yesterday for $.80 each. Going to experiment to see if I can find a decent way to get the edges to look gold

What about finding the right shape first then spray painting the edges of the things you use the color you want? This way you can use washers and paint them gold.

There are a lot of different metal coins made for board games and LARP that are cheaper than $20 each. You may be able to find something you like to use as filler.

i've got some of jintosh's coins and a load of washers spray painted. by the way,jintosh's coins are great.he has just put an order in for some more.better than the ebay ones in my opinion.
jw pics 007.jpg
JW3 005.jpg
john wick 001.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't even think of using washers, but those would be too small as the John wick coins I have are 38mm. Based on your idea I tried to find washers that were that size but couldn't :/

You did your math wrong. 1.5 inches (the washers) is 38.1mm with the .1mm being completely indistinguishable, so the washers are the same size as your 38mm coins.

Currently I got some copper coins that are the correct size from a precious metal dealer yesterday for $.80 each. Going to experiment to see if I can find a decent way to get the edges to look gold

DIY at home brass plating. There are YouTube videos using batteries or an old, low voltage, low amp ac adapter.

You did your math wrong. 1.5 inches (the washers) is 38.1mm with the .1mm being completely indistinguishable, so the washers are the same size as your 38mm coins.
You're right, I mistook the "washer size" for being the diameter, but I checked again and they are indeed 1.5"

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back