Antiquing with latex paints

xdmray

EDIT:

so before, i had asked how one migt do this. after a little experimenting, i came up with a decent look.

so for normal antiquing you have to do your base color first and then rub in your darker shade into the cracks and wipe out excess.

for Latex paints, you need to do the reverse.

First i painted the mask totally black. i then used my finger to rub in a dark brown.
i did this about three times. makes sure to do a little at a time or you will get it in the cracks.
also you will need to clean your finger off now and then to avoid putting latex balls on your mask.
i then used a light brown and then a mix of them both to give it some more depth.

here's the final look. the flash is making it brighter than it looks in person. but the antiquing effect was acheived.

hope this helps others out there.

DSCN6490.jpg.gif

DSCN6492.jpg.gif

DSCN6494.jpg.gif

DSCN6495.jpg.gif

DSCN6490.jpg.gif

DSCN6492.jpg.gif

DSCN6494.jpg.gif

DSCN6495.jpg.gif

You can make highlights with airbrush and water based acrylic paint. A fine layer of acrylics will not crack, sealed it with perma wet.

Or weather it like you said in your post but try to keep the layer of acrylic paint thin, sealed it also with perma wet.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back