Answer my question please!!

tattedpredator

so i had no luck on another forum so decided to come here!!...neway i want to get the clan marking "T" tattooed on me, but before i did i just want to make sure i understnad what it means.....it is a mark of honor...i know its different for clans, but i like the T marking...i just want to make sure that it symbolizes, Honor, Courage, and Respect in the predator culture....RIGHT?

THank you soooo MUCH!!!

i just want to make sure that it symbolizes, Honor, Courage, and Respect in the predator culture....RIGHT?

The "T" symbol doesn't mean or stand for anything. You're putting way too much meaning into something that probably took the writers five minutes to come up with. In all honesty, it's just a cheap knock-off of Broken Tusks lightening bolt marking that he had on his helmet. But, like they said, it's your body and you can get whatever tattoo you want.

Like everyone said, its your own body. JUST make sure its somethin you want to stay forever.

My memory sucks, but I think it was bradon that designed this for me. I still plan on getting it, money issues have stopped me from gettin it for a while.

predtattooty3.jpg.png

My friend did this on his cheek buy scarification... on the other side of his face is the same mark "Tattoo" only you cant see it unless you put a black light up to his face then it glows.
886438096_l.jpg

And this symbol is a "clan symbol" you getting this scar was your right of passage after killing an alien not the mark of the "killing of the alien" in the movie AVP this symbol was for the worthy clan members the ones with honor enough to wear it. The Preds that came down to earth to hunt That was there clan and symbol.

a pic? well basically the burned marking on the girls face in AVP or the one on Scar's mask....i know it signifies a clan but doesnt it represent honor courage and respect? or not at all?

Where did you read that this Symbol has that meaning?

To be honest with you none of the Pred Symbol's have meaning. "except for mine & and a few others" I've looked it up I've asked the questions I've carved these Symbols into things Knowing they don't mean a thing and they tell no story... ;)

So unless you know where you read this and Stan Winston himself said it I don't think it's going to hold water in any case, at least here.
The only Symbol's that have meaning are the Font and Numbers, so far... :)

"note: any criticism you get on this Forum is constructive were all opinionated and not afraid to say it as it helps people grow and see beyond all the sugar coated lies you see and hear every day"

Welcome to the Lair!
Thomas.

Just my .02 cents, but if you like the symbol get it... if you don't, then don't. It's a symbol from a scene in a FICTIONAL movie, so of course it doesn't REALLY mean anything. I hate to break it to some of you, but Predators are #4 on the list, right behind Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy ;) (though, the way things are this year, I'm still holding a glimmer of hope for the fat man in the red suit :) )

The bottom line is, does it signify something to YOU? You could be wearing a full body suit of tats from various REAL cultures that signify their various rights of passage or traditions, but if I don't know what they mean, then you're just another guy with a bunch of tats in my eyes. If I see a guy with a Special Forces tat, does that mean I automatically have some kind of respect for him? No. The guy could be the biggest A-hole in the world, or worse yet, just had the symbol tattoed on him to ******** people. I judge a man on his character, not the ink he wears.

I'm not personally into tats because I don't want something that permanent on my body. Having said that though, I appreciate the art of tatting, and if I were the tat-wearing type, I'd get the symbol simply because it looks cool and comes from a scene centered around my favorite movie characters. Hell, if I were into tats, I'd probably just have my whole body tatted to look like a predators, complete with armor tattoed on!

So, who cares if it actually MEANS something. If you're a fan of the Pred movies, then it signifies something you like, which in turn makes it mean something to YOU. Get the tat and post the pix when you do!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back