Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

The EFX R2 that is displayed is actually an all metal droid belonging to an R2 Builders club member. It is pretty much just for display at the con and will more than likely not represent what will actually be produced if they ever get around to producing anything.

Seriously, Disney is letting EFX keep a license when all they are doing is borrowing props from unlicensed prop makers and claiming they may one day make something like that maybe. WTH?????

BoozeBeGood, thanks for taking those! I was actually worried that the test pull pictures ANOVOS were sending out made the bucket look a little soft, but, dang, that looks good. Never assembled a TK before, so I'm starting my Zen chant now (don't screw it up don't screw it up don't screw it up don't screw it up....Ommmmmm...) for when the boxes eventually start showing up at my door.

I'm at Comic Con. The TK suit is still the prototype. I've held the helmet and it is BEAUTIFUL. The asymmetrical design, hand painted appearance of the rank insignias look amazing. Have not seen the suit yet. I stopped by 3 times and it had not yet been put out. They were awaiting the belt and their licensing required them to only show the completed suit. Looks like the belt finally arrived.

AND in other Anovos news, they had the Han Solo holster and it looks 100 times better than what's on the site. I asked what the deal was and they told me the photos on the site are of a "new" belt and the one on the floor was weathered. It is an unlisted option that you can add AFTER you purchase the holster. The con special was 15% off and free shipping, so I bought one on the spot. I also like that the Anovos belt is adjustable, unlike the MP and Tom's holsters.

-Ron

Just wanted to clarify, I did not take those pictures. Saw someone post them on Facebook and thought everyone here would want to see as well. I have no details on the suit unfortunately

From what I understand, most of the stuff on display at their booth at Celebration (and I assume at Comic Con) is similar. Model kits purchased from a third party and put on display as "upcoming" offerings. Not trying to bad mouth EFX, I have one of their fiberglass ANH ST helmets and I love it. I just don't like their practice of announcing upcoming products and then not ever hearing anything else about them.

Seriously, Disney is letting EFX keep a license when all they are doing is borrowing props from unlicensed prop makers and claiming they may one day make something like that maybe. WTH?????

Wow...that suit and helmet looks absolutely beautiful!!! The lines are so crisp and the quality is really high! You can tell it was rushed to be put together but we really lucked out at $350...

I can't wait for the winter!!! :)

Wow...that suit and helmet looks absolutely beautiful!!! The lines are so crisp and the quality is really high! You can tell it was rushed to be put together but we really lucked out at $350...

I can't wait for the winter!!! :)

Or spring at the latest. Or summer. Or maybe autumn.
Or maybe winter after all, just not the one we thought they were talking about.
I kid, I kid!

I'm looking forward to getting the armor and I have faith that ANOVOS will deliver, I really don't think they will deliver by December, however. I fear that the huge amount of orders they surely have gotten for these will far surpass the manufacturing capabilities of the growing company. We shall see.

Oh, absolutely. The suit looks PHENOMENAL, especially given the price was like, silly low on the 1st offering. However, just watching the history of so far every single SW product they've announced, I'm not holding my breath for ANOVOS to actually ship anything like "on time". The customer service has been so good so far, and the product so good looking, I'm not about to get bothered if they miss that date, and if it actually ships on time? Extra awesome!
Did anyone get any more information about the ABS/PVC/ABS thing yet? Not that I'd know the difference, but it seems odd they made such a big commotion about their awesome custom PVC, only to abandon it mere weeks later.

Except that it was an actual ANOVOS kit. That was new.

You mean just look on kit? Or how assemble exactly "that" kit. Because I have assembled AP, TM & RS kit before and can't say that there is much difference was.
Okay, one good that we saw a kit in work and not in promo pictures.

You mean just look on kit? Or how assemble exactly "that" kit. Because I have assembled AP, TM & RS kit before and can't say that there is much difference was.
Okay, one good that we saw a kit in work and not in promo pictures.

The video was only meant to showcase the ANOVOS kit and give an idea of what will be involved in building it. And aside from a single picture of the test pulls, it's the first we've seen of an actual ANOVOS kit. I don't think anyone is expecting anything drastically different than any of the kits that have been previously available, it's just nice to see that there are actual ANOVOS kits out there, even if they are still prototypes/test pulls.

I was kind of surprised that those parts were raw right off the vacuform. I guess I was thinking/expecting the parts to be roughly trimmed like the old FX suits used to be when you order them. Oh well, just more work but it will still be fun!

I was kind of surprised that those parts were raw right off the vacuform. I guess I was thinking/expecting the parts to be roughly trimmed like the old FX suits used to be when you order them. Oh well, just more work but it will still be fun!

They were, more or less...gotta figure that if they trimmed more in some areas, they'd be structurally weaker and could get damaged in shipping

Tubachris58x, not necessarily..you remember the old FX suits? They were shipped to us in big boxes just like in the Anovos video and those had no issues. But like I said, it's ok. A bit more work but we'll still get it done.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back