Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

It looks like Anovos has listened to the community and is planning to go back to ABS instead of PVC!

From a SDCC attendee : "I just recieved this comment from Anovos. "Correct! We have listened to fan feedback and presently plan to revert to the original ABS for the armor. More details will be revealed at the ANOVOS panel on Saturday. :)"

Last edited:
So after selling everyone on the superiority of their custom formulated PVC, what kind of sense does it make to go back to ABS? Did the custom material not work out?

It looks like Anovos has listened to the community and is planning to go back to ABS instead of PVC!

From a SDCC attendee : "I just recieved this comment from Anovos. "Correct! We have listened to fan feedback and presently plan to revert to the original ABS for the armor. More details will be revealed at the ANOVOS panel on Saturday. :)"

But wait... didn't they say they already custom make a TON of custom made PVC plastic?

I'm not sure whether going back to ABS is a good thing. I liked the idea of a plastic that's resistant to yellowing.
Well, we know ABS is the material of choice for trooper armor. I wasn't mad about the change to PVC and I won't be mad if they change their mind!

Last edited by a moderator:
Both the PVC and the ABS have UV protection so neither of them would have turned yellow over time. I have trooper under the sun for years in my old ABS suit and it has never turned yellow ( well, maybe a bit in some places). I have never worked or worn a PVC suit before but I was willing to try it but naturally I'd lean towards the ABS suit. Either way I'm sure they know what they're doing and I for one am not too worried.
on another note has anyone seen the suit at SDCC? Or was it only the helmet?

This was posted on WhiteArmor.net. TK in the background.

post-23515-0-66603600-1436561387.jpg

I'll be at the con tomorrow, I'll take an extensive set of photos of the whole suit, i'm new to troop suits so anything in particular I should examine and take photos of?

Thanks jayjayn! We look foreword to those pics. Pics of the helmet, suit back and suit front will do for me ( hi-res hopefully)
On a side note I saw that efx is displaying a R2-D2? need details and price!

That looks terrific. I hope Anovos makes mannequins with cool poses for sale at some point! A guy can dream...

As weird as the old Don Post stormtrooper statue armor was, it was always impressive due to the pose. :)

Thanks jayjayn! We look foreword to those pics. Pics of the helmet, suit back and suit front will do for me ( hi-res hopefully)
On a side note I saw that efx is displaying a R2-D2? need details and price!

The EFX R2 that is displayed is actually an all metal droid belonging to an R2 Builders club member. It is pretty much just for display at the con and will more than likely not represent what will actually be produced if they ever get around to producing anything.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back