ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I received my Denuo Novo First Order Flametrooper helmet on December 4th. I ordered it on November 28th.

FO_Flametrooper_01.jpg

FO_Flametrooper_02.jpg

FO_Flametrooper_03.jpg

FO_Flametrooper_04.jpg

FO_Flametrooper_05.jpg

FO_Flametrooper_06.jpg

FO_Flametrooper_07.jpg

FO_Flametrooper_08.jpg

The brow appears to be a sticker. Note how it bunched up in several places on the bottom edge.
FO_Flametrooper_09.jpg

The thin black lines are hand painted. They are noticeably uneven if you look close.
FO_Flametrooper_10.jpg

FO_Flametrooper_11.jpg

The aerators are not metal.
FO_Flametrooper_12.jpg

FO_Flametrooper_13.jpg

I received my Denuo Novo Praetorian Guard helmet on December 4th. I ordered it on November 28th.

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_01.jpg

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_02.jpg

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_03.jpg

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_04.jpg

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_05.jpg

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_06.jpg

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_07.jpg

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_08.jpg

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_10.jpg

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_11.jpg

The card that comes with it says the faceplate is removable. The webpage doesn't mention the faceplate being removable. I don't see how it could be removed without taking out the liner. The liner doesn't easily come off so I guess they removed that feature.
Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_12.jpg

Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_13.jpg

In general the paint is very good. There are some small spots that were missed inside the slots.
Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_14.jpg

I received my Denuo Novo First Order Flametrooper helmet on December 4th. I ordered it on November 28th.
The thin black lines are hand painted. They are noticeably uneven if you look close.
View attachment 1518526
View attachment 1518527
Thanks for the update, and for posting pics!

Those lines sure are rough :unsure:

It's one of those helmets that requires near-perfection to get it right. High-contrast black-on-white is unforgiving if it's not done well.

ggriffaw do you think you can refine it?

It's one of those helmets that requires near-perfection to get it right. High-contrast black-on-white is unforgiving if it's not done well.

I was thinking the same thing. Is there any comparison to Anovos versions?

I've always been partial to weathered items since gear gets battle worn, unless you're wearing your class A's. Hopefully the Shoretrooper and AT-ACT can cover up any production quality issues.

I received my Denuo Novo Praetorian Guard helmet on December 4th. I ordered it on November 28th.

View attachment 1518533
View attachment 1518534
View attachment 1518535
View attachment 1518536
View attachment 1518537
View attachment 1518538
View attachment 1518539
View attachment 1518540

View attachment 1518549
View attachment 1518550

The card that comes with it says the faceplate is removable. The webpage doesn't mention the faceplate being removable. I don't see how it could be removed without taking out the liner. The liner doesn't easily come off so I guess they removed that feature.
View attachment 1518546
View attachment 1518547

In general the paint is very good. There are some small spots that were missed inside the slots.
View attachment 1518548
When Anovos announced the helmet, the faceplate was supposed to be removable. There's even photos of it. I don't know why the final product doesn't have it. Maybe they found it was unnecessary or they altered the helmet to fit without it? The weird thing is the seamline on the bottom of the helmet doesn't make sense to be there if it's not removable. I guess they molded it as one piece after the fact?

If I owned one I would seriously want to remove the interior lining just to see of the faceplate is removable. You can clearly see the seamline.

Screenshot_20211205-173439.jpg

I don't think I will try to refine it. I'm concerned painting white over the black may also be noticeable. Getting the white to match might be difficult.

I would assume the actual props were somewhat imperfect as well.

I was thinking the same thing. Is there any comparison to Anovos versions?

I've always been partial to weathered items since gear gets battle worn, unless you're wearing your class A's. Hopefully the Shoretrooper and AT-ACT can cover up any production quality issues.
I don't think Anovos actually delivered the First Order Flametrooper helmet.

I assume the Shoretrooper will be similar to the one I received from Anovos in March 2021. The March 2021 helmet is on the left. The Anovos version from several years earlier is on the right.

Anovos-Shoretrooper-Comparison-8.jpg

When Anovos announced the helmet, the faceplate was supposed to be removable. There's even photos of it. I don't know why the final product doesn't have it. Maybe they found it was unnecessary or they altered the helmet to fit without it? The weird thing is the seamline on the bottom of the helmet doesn't make sense to be there if it's not removable. I guess they molded it as one piece after the fact?

If I owned one I would seriously want to remove the interior lining just to see of the faceplate is removable. You can clearly see the seamline.
Below is a photo of the card that came with the helmet. It still mentions the "Removable face plate for ease of wearability." STAR WARS: The Last Jedi™ Elite Praetorian Guard™ Helmet doesn't mention that.

It's a little tight when sliding the helmet on but after it is fully on it is pretty roomy.

My guess is it was cheaper to do the liner without making the faceplate removable and they decided that feature wasn't really necessary for this helmet.

Hopefully when Denuo Novo makes the Clone Trooper helmet it will still have the removable front. From what I understand the clone trooper helmets can't be slid on with making the helmet larger, modifying it in some way, or making something removable.
Praetorian_Guard_Helmet_15.jpg

I have posted this a few places. I am convinced that Xcoser was contracted by Anovos to make a few items. Or Xcoser bought up some inventory from somewhere and relabeled it.
The are currently selling a "premier" Kylo Ren suit that looks exactly like Anovos including the shiny under tunic. The size chart and description are also the same.
The Xcoser at-at driver helmet also looked identical to the Anovos one. As does their First Order snowtrooper helmet. Xcoser tends to be one of the more honest companies from what I have seen. I bought their "resin" Mandalorian suit for halloween this year and it looked exactly like it was supposed to even if it isn't super accurate.

Last edited:
Xcoser tends to be one of the more honest companies from what I have seen.
Hah. I bought their "adult" Arkham Knight helmet a while back -- only size they ever offered. I can barely, with pain, get it over my head at all, have to carefully tuck in my ears, and it comes down to just below my lower lip. Truth in advertising -- or, at least, accuracy -- doesn't seem to be their strongest suit.

Hah. I bought their "adult" Arkham Knight helmet a while back -- only size they ever offered. I can barely, with pain, get it over my head at all, have to carefully tuck in my ears, and it comes down to just below my lower lip. Truth in advertising -- or, at least, accuracy -- doesn't seem to be their strongest suit.
I can't disagree about their sizing. I had to buy a different undersuit for the Mando to make it work for me.
If the Kylo under tunic wasn't shiny I would risk picking that suit up. But you can't get 501st approved with a shiny tunic lol

Agreed for the money your paying alot more attention to detail and quality control is a must. I am not going to purchase flametrooper helmet Hopefully they refine their method looks like they gave a kid a sharpie and told him to go to town on the helmet. Helmet is fine and i am happy folks are getting their stuff most of them that is.
However, the details and quality control are beginning to look like hits and misses. The Praetorian Guard helmet looks good and love the sharp bright red on it. Thanks for sharing the pics ggriffaw.

Looks like Xcoser is just reselling/relabelling it them. Xcoser products are usually only a step up above from Rubies. Just slightly above Halloween store costumes. I hate that they mold their giant logo onto the outside of the helmet. The ones I've owned a very soft resin that's easy to sand away the logo.

Huh, I will not lie, at first I didn't think there could be any connection between XCoser and anything from Anovos, and just thought that if the images and descriptions were the same, Xcoser might have just lifted them from the Old Anovos Site and reused them for an inferior product, which they have done in the past. However, the price point on Xcoser's site is like the same as Anovos's cost, and Xcoser's Bread and Butter has been low cost "Cosplay" items, with even their more serviceable Helmets such as their ODST Helmet, only being around $150 at most. It seemed strange that they would suddenly be upping their game and selling incredibly higher priced and quality items.

At this point, if I had to guess, my money would not be on that Anovos had Xcoser making these items for them, but rather this might be a result of the rumor hinted at by some ex-Anovos employees that the Factories in China did produce many of the items, but Anovos then either could not or would not pay them, so the items got locked up in Storage Containers in a warehouse ala Raiders. Perhaps Xcoser made a deal with these Factories to buy up the unpaid for Anovos items and is now selling off that stock.

Only way to know for sure would be to buy one, but, I'm not $500 interested in what the quality actually is.

At this point, if I had to guess, my money would not be on that Anovos had Xcoser making these items for them, but rather this might be a result of the rumor hinted at by some ex-Anovos employees that the Factories in China did produce many of the items, but Anovos then either could not or would not pay them, so the items got locked up in Storage Containers in a warehouse ala Raiders.

pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

Xcoser has the below including the Jango Fett which Anovos never got beyond an interest list. The text and photos in the listings appear to be the same as on the Anovos listings. Was XCoser one of the manufacturers that Anovos used?

Huh, I will not lie, at first I didn't think there could be any connection between XCoser and anything from Anovos, and just thought that if the images and descriptions were the same, Xcoser might have just lifted them from the Old Anovos Site and reused them for an inferior product, which they have done in the past. However, the price point on Xcoser's site is like the same as Anovos's cost, and Xcoser's Bread and Butter has been low cost "Cosplay" items, with even their more serviceable Helmets such as their ODST Helmet, only being around $150 at most. It seemed strange that they would suddenly be upping their game and selling incredibly higher priced and quality items.

At this point, if I had to guess, my money would not be on that Anovos had Xcoser making these items for them, but rather this might be a result of the rumor hinted at by some ex-Anovos employees that the Factories in China did produce many of the items, but Anovos then either could not or would not pay them, so the items got locked up in Storage Containers in a warehouse ala Raiders. Perhaps Xcoser made a deal with these Factories to buy up the unpaid for Anovos items and is now selling off that stock.

Only way to know for sure would be to buy one, but, I'm not $500 interested in what the quality actually is.
1638906949269.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back