ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

219 weeks (and counting) since my excitement ordering the Merrick helmet. All for nothing.
Anovos was dead, we knew it. All those fully paid pre-orders: gone. Chances of recovering anything: zero. A complete loss.

If anyone had commented "maybe another company will come along and fulfill at least some of the orders" I would have replied with a funny gif of someone acting crazy, we all would have ignored the comment and continued ranting.

Then, less than a month ago, the impossible happened. Not just a spec of light, a written commitment from a new(ish) company announcing that, for now, some of the orders would indeed be fulfilled. A turn of events none of us (except Inquisitor Peregrinus and a few others) saw coming. A fair chance of actually getting at least some of our stuff. My head is still spinning.

To me, considering what we knew roughly 3 weeks ago; this is positive. It won't fix all the wrongs, but the situation deserves some optimism.

Last edited:
That is honestly ridiculous. The new company is doing a HUGE thing fulfilling orders for Anovos. I have never seen a replica company do this. But to be in the hole and dig the hole deeper? You want this new company to go under as well?

My buddy had a Kylo Ren costume on order since the preorder stage, he got three helmets in exchange, so DN covered the overage for the third helmet. That is just fantastic. Unobtanium, icons, chronicle, etc all filed bankruptcy and ****ed off.
Ridiculous? It is truly and honestly what I feel is fair: product + refund. Just reiterating that I would feel short changed if I just get what I ordered.

But no, it is very obvious that no one here thinks that is going to happen or is even being considered.

I just feel that it is what we all deserve.

it is quite possible that this new company got the license by agreeing to fulfill all of the Anovos orders. My guess (only a guess) is that Disney is stepping up and funding those fulfillments. They're certainly not doing it out of the good of their hearts.

They said that they are not doing refunds. Which sucks.

There are still outstanding refunds.

And I truly don't care if they go under. Paid for my Kylo costume in March of 2016.

I'm out $3k, kids are past that stage, and I've turned 50. Got no use for it now.

I have no feelings up or down about Dotwonovinovi.

That is honestly ridiculous. The new company is doing a HUGE thing fulfilling orders for Anovos. I have never seen a replica company do this. But to be in the hole and dig the hole deeper? You want this new company to go under as well?

My buddy had a Kylo Ren costume on order since the preorder stage, he got three helmets in exchange, so DN covered the overage for the third helmet. That is just fantastic. Unobtanium, icons, chronicle, etc all filed bankruptcy and ****ed off.
Anovos not the new company was who I was referring to...

...So I started thinking... could this new company actually be a Disney owned subsidiary, put in place to fill SW item back orders (for which Disney owns the license) ? Or at the very least, is Disney funding the company to meet these back orders? Despite what businesses and politicians like to tell the public, NOTHING is ever free. It is paid for somewhere along the way, by someone's $$$.

Last edited:
...So I started thinking... could this new company actually be a Disney owned subsidiary, put in place to fill SW item back orders (for which Disney owns the license) ? Or at the very least, is Disney funding the company to meet these back orders? Despite what businesses and politicians like to tell the public, NOTHING is every free. It is paid for somewhere along the way, by someone's $$$.

Exactly my thinking - which is fine. Disney stepping up but also taking steps to avoid a precedent is a cool move on their part if that is what is happening.

And Disney mandating perhaps that any new company fulfill backordered stuff is cool too, if that is part of it.

A judge excused them from liability but they can't play clueless card, liability or not.

Disney may not have anything to do with this at all, other than having a little less flak thrown their way for giving Anovos a license.
All we have been told, in that this new business is started by NECA and Rubies. Until it's proven otherwise, you can speculate, but let's not have opinion start to be considered fact.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
...So I started thinking... could this new company actually be a Disney owned subsidiary, put in place to fill SW item back orders (for which Disney owns the license) ? Or at the very least, is Disney funding the company to meet these back orders? Despite what businesses and politicians like to tell the public, NOTHING is every free. It is paid for somewhere along the way, by someone's $$$.
Hmmm, let's see. Same weird naming, same messaging, same photography styling, same products, same logo style, same website style, same voice, but yeah, it couldn't possibly be the same exact company with some new lipstick. I suppose the earth is flat, the moon landing was fake, covid isn't real, Titanic is a great name for a ship... :rolleyes:

Hmmm, let's see. Same weird naming, same messaging, same photography styling, same products, same logo style, same website style, same voice, but yeah, it couldn't possibly be the same exact company with some new lipstick. I suppose the earth is flat, the moon landing was fake, covid isn't real, Titanic is a great name for a ship... :rolleyes:
hey hey c’mon… you and I both know the moon landing was fake! None of those astronauts came back with any cheese!!
:p

They've flat out stated it's the same photos, etc, becuase the process to get new photos etc approved by disney is, to put it mildly, a long a grueling process. These are already approved and it's the same product they're shipping. QED.

There's no way the new company is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. They're getting compensated in one form or another. Maybe the shop in texas was signed over, or disney is paying them, or disney cut the licensing fee the to cover the costs. They're doing SOMETHING for them, it's just a matter of what.

After waiting 5 years for someone to make good on what i ordered, you know, 5 years ago, i think i'm deserving of more than just getting what I ordered. I know i'm not going to get it and i'm happy to come away with what i did, but am I owed more? Yeah, i think so. At least an actual apology from those who strung me along for 5 years. Interest would be nice, too, but i know i'm not seeing anything else. It's just sad these guys got off as easy as they did.

To say the least from disgusting service and appalling treatment to its customers, I’m glad Anovos is gone. On the positive side, I’ve contacted Denuonovo on my outstanding fully paid helmet from 2016 and within the week they have processed a helmet I’m happy with and is being shipped. ( not many products yet to choose from but made a swap to close this ordeal as my original order was not ready to ship until sometime 2022) So hopes are high with the replacement company. Waiting to see if anything arrives at my door.

On the positive side, I’ve contacted Denuonovo on my outstanding fully paid helmet from 2016 and within the week they have processed a helmet I’m happy with and is being shipped. ( not many products yet to choose from but made a swap to close this ordeal as my original order was not ready to ship until sometime 2022)
This sort of swap seems like both a great opportunity for DN to close out cases more quickly, and a great choice for people who have waited so long that they might have lost interest in the original item they ordered (I'm not waiting on anything from Anovos, but have encountered that situation plenty of times in this hobby).

New helmets finally up for pre-order!
Good price too!! ;)

New helmets finally up for pre-order!
Good price too!! ;)
The Rubies Deluxe Boba Fett was has gone up in price since it was first released 5 years ago. It's full size and a great base for conversion to something else (I've had 2 of them)

I have that TIE Collector's Edition helmet. Compared to my former Don Post Tie Classic Action helmet, it's not bad. Just make sure your are buying the COLLECTOR'S EDITION Rubies bucket, not the standard TIE. Only the Collector's Edition is full sized.
*The TIE ear disk greeblies need to be replaced with some high end ElvisTrooper aluminum replicas:
*The Rubies TIE eyes are flat, like stunt trooper helmets, so you may want to replace
*The Rubies TIE forehead has a rectangular ridge not seen in most of the screen used TIE pilot helmets, although it WAS seen in this one, courtesy of georditrooper's and RBJ's older posts, and appears to be an error in the assembly process where the long rectangular tab was not "tucked under" the brow during helmet construction:

fa567c44-f055-4079-a0d2-443fc0d05ca5-jpeg.jpg

copy-tie-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back