ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Whilst it's probably illogical to absorb a company that has debts, it also makes sense from a financial point of view as most of the molds (property) are already there which saves time on machining new molds. However, whether it's economically justified depends on how much debt Anovos actually accrued from cheating their customers. The changeover of ownership alone will cost some $$$$

Reading up a bit on what happened to Rubies... NECA has been through this before. NECA and an investment firm created Rubies II, bought Rubies for $133 million (97% of which was existing debt and anticipated bills), used the remaining money to transition assets to Rubies II, and dissolved the original company.

Hard to tell what's exactly happening with Anovos/Denuo Novo without more media coverage, (and no mention of Anovos declaring bankruptcy) but NECA probably looked at the debt, the outstanding orders, supply chain, the value of the license(s) and future earnings potential over time and decided it was worth it.

Speculation: It could be that some license contracts (e.g. Star Trek) aren't directly transferrable to the new entity. That might explain why DN is starting by fulfilling Star Wars orders only. Who knows?

This all seems like business as usual for NECA and if they can reset a company the size of Rubies, fixing the Anovos situation seems (hopefully for all) pretty straightforward.

has anyone heard about them full filling the KYLO REN costume? or anything of fabric in nature ?
i believe these are going to be harder then casting items like armour and helmet to produce

Its all going to take SERIOUS time playing catch up and making new materials regardless if the molds are available. It all breaks down to money for labor, fabrication, supplies, lead time to other vendors in order to get key items to assemble said items. The licensing well if they are only listing certain items perhaps the other licenses are in limbo until they convince the powers that be, "Hey we can do it and deliver on promises made to customers." In order for them to even have a shot at purchasing the licenses. If they get the licenses for other specific Sci Fi items it may comes with stipulations in a contract. No one wants to deal with being sued or taken to court makes the licensee look bad and hell there might not even be a DO-OVER. At least this new company is responding to customers every chance they get so that is a BIG PLUS! I am sure as more and more word gets out YEARS olds customers will contact them to get info and any status they can. Just stay the course and remain hopeful. Nevers hurt to reach out to them and ask legitimate questions.

Last edited:
That's putting it mildly! I have it on pretty good authority that on one of the more 'popular' product types out there, the Mouse takes in something like 60% of the gross fo reach unit sold...
william-shatner-shocked.gif

There's a lot out there in the SW universe. They need to start slow, simplify, not over-extend (and therefore over-promise).

Start with a handful of helmets each year. Re-issue Vader, troopers, maybe do some droid heads (IG-88, C3PO, Death Star Droid)
Add small costume pieces at first (not full ensembles).
Sell kits that prop fans can build/modify/detail /paint to their liking.
Keep the production in the United States as much as possible.

There's a lot out there in the SW universe. They need to start slow, simplify, not over-extend (and therefore over-promise).

Start with a handful of helmets each year. Re-issue Vader, troopers, maybe do some droid heads (IG-88, C3PO, Death Star Droid)
Add small costume pieces at first (not full ensembles).
Sell kits that prop fans can build/modify/detail /paint to their liking.
Keep the production in the United States as much as possible.

Sounds like it will be a long time before Denuo Novo offers any products Anovos didn't take preorders for. The focus for now is on filling the outstanding Anovos Star Wars preorders.

If they do start offering new items, I would expect the new Disney content will heavily influence those products.

I agree with doing as much as possible in the U.S. Maybe Denuo Novo's owners have better relationships with overseas factories than Anovos did.

The response to my inquiry was
"Kylo Ren costume - we are actively working on this one but we don't have a timeline yet"
At least the acknowledgement is hopeful.
After everyone's orders are back filled , I'll definitely be interested in snagging one if the Kylo Ren costumes. Such a great look (even if he was wasted in the ST).

Anyone waiting for the launch of Trinuovovonununoo?

I understand the skepticism, but Denuo Novo has been doing pretty well so far with delivering product and being responsive to questions. We need to be realistic about how fast Denuo Novo can fill the outstanding orders. It will take a long time to produce all of the outstanding Star Wars products. The upcoming products will require more work to get produced and approved. We will have a better idea about how Denuo Novo will do based on those.

At this point, do you have any concerns with what Denuo Novo has been doing?

I would have bigger concerns if I had outstanding non Star Wars orders with Anovos.

I understand the skepticism, but Denuo Novo has been doing pretty well so far with delivering product and being responsive to questions. We need to be realistic about how fast Denuo Novo can fill the outstanding orders. It will take a long time to produce all of the outstanding Star Wars products. The upcoming products will require more work to get produced and approved. We will have a better idea about how Denuo Novo will do based on those.

At this point, do you have any concerns with what Denuo Novo has been doing?

I would have bigger concerns if I had outstanding non Star Wars orders with Anovos.
Who among us is up for another round of "long time?"

Maybe some but not me.

I got your back, ggriffaw, but I'm fuming and that ain't gonna change.

Realistic in this case feels to me like being in an abusive relationship and saying it is better because he/ she doesn't hurt me as often.

In the position of Anovos, if I were Anovos, I would feel now, that at this point I OWE you both your product AND the money you paid in full.

You deserve that.

Others here do too.

It ain't gonna happen but if only one of those arrives it is still a failure in my book.

If BOTH of them show up I myself would feel back at "even" in this ordeal.

You may get one of these items in 10 months.

And only maybe.

Best case scenario? You miss these next 2 Halloween seasons.

Best of luck to Dewynoviovio (or better yet to the folk who mandated they step up) but I'm suspicious and that's being generous.

That, I think, is the main thing here. I have been following all of this and have back-channel contacts who I leave anonymous and quote obliquely so as to not get anyone in trouble. I know this is neither a buyout nor a restructuring but "something more complicated". I know that the new entity under NECA is going to be handling Star Wars stuff, and severing that license from the rest makes a bunch of sense. Anovos as an entity needs to cease to exist, as it is tied to Dana and Joe, if nothing else, and the people still trying to make everything work need to not be tied to them. I have not heard specifics, but my sense based on what I have heard is that Star Wars will continue to remain separate from the properties Anovos was having fewer problems with. All that to say, I know I will get my Star Trek bomber jacket from somewhere -- but not NECA/Rubies II/DenunoNovo. And I know I will get my First Order Stormtrooper armor from NECA/Rubies II/Denuno Novo, and that hopefully within six months, if the timeline holds.

...But that is just me and my personal plastic-spaceman costume. I am rather grump that I did not get it in time for the TLJ premiere. I am very grump I did not get it in time for the TROS premiere. I am heartily annoyed that -- since I'm building it as Captain Cardinal -- I did not have it in time to wear to meet the author who created the character and have her sign my book. But that's all me. darthjones can literally never be made whole because the whole point of his Kylo ensemble was to wear it for Halloween with his son. Those years of missed Halloweens can never be gotten back. His son is older now and the dynamic is completely different now. Even if, by some miracle, it was in his hands in time for this Halloween, it wouldn't be and could never be the Halloween it was originally intended for. Or the one after that. Or the one after that. Or the one after that. What the hell can anyone do to make up for that?

I am totally fine with being upset with Anovos for preventing people from wearing the costumes at events they had planned years ago. I don't understand why people would be attacking Denuo Novo for the failures of Anovos unless there is proof that the same leaders are running both. In my opinion Denuo Novo will be successful if they keep producing the backorders at a reasonable rate and communicate well. I expect them to produce a fair amount of the backordered products by the end of 2022, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the products still aren't produced by that point. This will take a long time.

This isn't the way it should have been, but it is the reality of another company trying to fill the orders of a huge hole that Anovos created.

Hey, guys -

Disappointing kids feels awful. And it is actually girls lol but I can chalk that up to things happening in life.

What makes me crazy is Anovos saying things like “production is finished” and “Delivery in Spring!” That was abusive of the fans and customers and a deliberate lie used to FURTHER excite us so that we would not all ask for refunds.

That was Joe and Dana using all of us to protect themselves only.

And I believe in protecting whistle blowers so I’ll just say that someone high up at Anovos told a lawyer that the Kylo costumes were never even made.

That, I think, is the main thing here. I have been following all of this and have back-channel contacts who I leave anonymous and quote obliquely so as to not get anyone in trouble. I know this is neither a buyout nor a restructuring but "something more complicated". I know that the new entity under NECA is going to be handling Star Wars stuff, and severing that license from the rest makes a bunch of sense. Anovos as an entity needs to cease to exist, as it is tied to Dana and Joe, if nothing else, and the people still trying to make everything work need to not be tied to them. I have not heard specifics, but my sense based on what I have heard is that Star Wars will continue to remain separate from the properties Anovos was having fewer problems with. All that to say, I know I will get my Star Trek bomber jacket from somewhere -- but not NECA/Rubies II/DenunoNovo. And I know I will get my First Order Stormtrooper armor from NECA/Rubies II/Denuno Novo, and that hopefully within six months, if the timeline holds.

...But that is just me and my personal plastic-spaceman costume. I am rather grump that I did not get it in time for the TLJ premiere. I am very grump I did not get it in time for the TROS premiere. I am heartily annoyed that -- since I'm building it as Captain Cardinal -- I did not have it in time to wear to meet the author who created the character and have her sign my book. But that's all me. darthjones can literally never be made whole because the whole point of his Kylo ensemble was to wear it for Halloween with his son. Those years of missed Halloweens can never be gotten back. His son is older now and the dynamic is completely different now. Even if, by some miracle, it was in his hands in time for this Halloween, it wouldn't be and could never be the Halloween it was originally intended for. Or the one after that. Or the one after that. Or the one after that. What the hell can anyone do to make up for that?
Give them the costume AND a FULL REFUND is what the hell they could do!

Give them the costume AND a FULL REFUND is what the hell they could do!
That is honestly ridiculous. The new company is doing a HUGE thing fulfilling orders for Anovos. I have never seen a replica company do this. But to be in the hole and dig the hole deeper? You want this new company to go under as well?

My buddy had a Kylo Ren costume on order since the preorder stage, he got three helmets in exchange, so DN covered the overage for the third helmet. That is just fantastic. Unobtanium, icons, chronicle, etc all filed bankruptcy and ****ed off.

I had the Luke X-Wing helmet ordered from ANOVOS, contacted DN & asked if I could get a refund or switch to the Royal Guard helmet. They switched the order & shipped me the helmet. The Royal Guard helmet was more money & shipping costs today are way more as well. They never asked for me to pay the difference. I’m still blown away with it.
I’m hoping they continue, & even prosper.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back