ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Honestly what a terrible way to start a business. I mean if it works out in the end and fans get what they paid for, great, but from a business perspective they won't see a profit for a long time. A long time. Given the amount of debt they have incurred just by taking over ANOVOS mess and worse yet trying to establish good will and trust back from their customers they are essentially Sisyphus. They are going to be getting a LOT of grief until they start cranking out product and even then I'm sure there will be years of mistrust.

Honestly what a terrible way to start a business. I mean if it works out in the end and fans get what they paid for, great, but from a business perspective they won't see a profit for a long time. A long time. Given the amount of debt they have incurred just by taking over ANOVOS mess and worse yet trying to establish good will and trust back from their customers they are essentially Sisyphus. They are going to be getting a LOT of grief until they start cranking out product and even then I'm sure there will be years of mistrust.
Just conjecture, but I’m guessing the larger powers that be may have had a hand in providing some financial relief until the backorders have been fulfilled. This would also go a long way in addressing the various class action lawsuits against Anovos.

Sean

Nice to see folks are getting their Star Wars buckets!

Has anyone heard anything new about Trek or Marvel?

Last thing I heard through "grapevine" channels that came from someone working with Anovos was that those would also be taken care of soon, but it's been quiet as far as I can tell.

I hope so. I have a pending Star Trek order with Anovos and when I emailed Denuo Novo with my order number they couldn't even find the order. They told me they are only working with Star Wars at this time but in the future they might expand to Star Trek if they successfully acquire a license.

I hope so. I have a pending Star Trek order with Anovos and when I emailed Denuo Novo with my order number they couldn't even find the order. They told me they are only working with Star Wars at this time but in the future they might expand to Star Trek if they successfully acquire a license.
If Denuo Novo end up resolving this whole mess, then getting the Star Trek license (and resolving unfulfilled ST orders) would be a no-brainer.
Let's see what happens in the next 12 months.

Most of us are certainly cautiously optimistic about DN. Some very positive early signs are answering emails extremely quickly, actually shipping items when they said they would, and, IMO, not having TONS of products on their website that aren't currently available.
I certainly hope DN takes off because we could really use a reliable replica company.

Hell I was thinking about this today. I am happy I didn’t drop 9K for a studio light up USS Discovery... I wonder whatever happen to those people who ordered their ships... Now that‘s a huge understatement if they get nothing another thing to think about.
I forgot about that. Were they taking deposits back then?

Most of us are certainly cautiously optimistic about DN. Some very positive early signs are answering emails extremely quickly, actually shipping items when they said they would, and, IMO, not having TONS of products on their website that aren't currently available.
I certainly hope DN takes off because we could really use a reliable replica company.
I agree but like many here I have slow and steady you never know. May start out strong then later realize the true extent of these enormously large volume of back orders. Not in hundreds, but ten of thousands customer world wide. You never know how deep the rabbit hole goes until your caught up in the mix like this new company. Just have stay positive and take it one day at a time. I would love this company to be solid, but I will hold on to belief until they have filled all the orders AnoNo owes every single customer. It’s no easy task, but at least it’s start.

I forgot about that. Were they taking deposits back then?
I am pretty sure at least a couple of dozen of people ordered either Emterprise, Discovery or Shenzou. I am not sure 100%, but I am sure folks wanted one either they paid in full or made monthly installment. I mentioned it because I almost pulled the trigger for one, but my wife told me to hold off. Due to all the back orders of fellow customers not being filled in a timely manner. I added a picture below from the AnoNo booth refresh folks memory.

Attachments

• 0F70B99A-9470-4065-BEDB-3EFB632250F9.jpeg
    0F70B99A-9470-4065-BEDB-3EFB632250F9.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Just conjecture, but I’m guessing the larger powers that be may have had a hand in providing some financial relief until the backorders have been fulfilled. This would also go a long way in addressing the various class action lawsuits against Anovos.

Sean
I dunno. ANY SW license = huge licensing fee.

Waive the licensing fee for year 1 and x% after that til the backorders are cleared could quite possibly cover it.

Obviously, they're not doing the old orders out of the goodness of their hearts - they're getting paid somehow. Also, maybe Disney cleaned the couch cushions and gave them the money they found there which i'm sure was more than enough to cover it.

You gotta start somewhere. And i'll add they actually started shipping early.

Clearly, they're starting with the stuff what was set up already in the texas shop. The other stuff will take longer as they'll have to set up shop for those items. For a number of those items, that tooling, etc, may never have even gotten started in China, let alone the US.

I'd wager if they thought the hole was too big to dig out of they wouldn't have agreed to it.

Nice to see folks are getting their Star Wars buckets!

Has anyone heard anything new about Trek or Marvel?

Last thing I heard through "grapevine" channels that came from someone working with Anovos was that those would also be taken care of soon, but it's been quiet as far as I can tell.

in their response to my email, same day response,they’re only focusing on SW no other lines until they get the back orders shipped.

in their response to my email, same day response,they’re only focusing on SW no other lines until they get the back orders shipped.
I believe that’s because they only have the SW license - at this time. So they’ll only be handling SW back orders.

The speculation is that if they’re able to clear the SW backlog, then acquiring other licenses (ST, BSG, etc) and fulfilling those will be next.

that may also go hand in had with people placing new orders with them as well - at least at some point. Maybe they are making good money behind the scenes from disney or 'they-who-shall-not-be-named' somehow, in which case it's irrelevant. But you'd think they were incentivized to fulfill the back orders and saying 'yes' to that was because they felt they'd turn a profit when they could do there own thing. We'll see how it goes, or how long it takes, once they start working on stuff that wasn't already set up to be made in texas.

Depending on the details of the deal Denuo Novo made, it may actually have been a great way to start. They started off with a large list of orders to fill. Not many companies start out with an already existing backlog of orders to fill.

I doubt it was just a discount on the licensing. Even with that they would be spending lots of money to produce the items with very little coming in. I doubt they would have agreed to that.

With Galaxy’s edge at both parks reopened and the new Star Wars galactic cruiser hotel experience opening up next year, it’s quite possible Disney themselves made the first paid in full bulk order for stock. Combine that with a license discount, that might be enough.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back