ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I was holding out a bit before I emailed them to check on my unfulfilled stuff. I sent my email tonight. My biggest hope is there is still a plan to make the TWO Sabine Wren helmets I paid for.

Worst case scenario is I change my orders over to credit and get helmets they are actually shipping and sell them here lol. At least I can buy some Lego with my money then!

I was holding out a bit before I emailed them to check on my unfulfilled stuff. I sent my email tonight. My biggest hope is there is still a plan to make the TWO Sabine Wren helmets I paid for.

Worst case scenario is I change my orders over to credit and get helmets they are actually shipping and sell them here lol. At least I can buy some Lego with my money then!

I asked about the Sabine helmets. Below is their response.

Denuo Novo just became a licensee for high-end Star Wars collectibles this year and as part of our licensee arrangement, we are fulfilling the Star Wars back-order from ANOVOS. We are actively working on numerous items currently but I don't have a timeline on the Sabine Wren helmets. You can choose to wait for that item or we can offer you credit to swap for another item on the site if you like. We only have six products available currently but will have many more by the end of the year. Just email us to let us know how you would like to proceed.

I held back for a few days too. I didn't want to add to a likely overload of emails.
Emailed them last night, got a reply (and a few exchanges) today. Actual customer service.

I didn't ask about ship dates, only if I could change my shipping address. I didn't want to try that with Anovos, especially with the way things had been going toward the end.

Turns out that changing the shipping address was easy, they'll confirm shipping info before sending out the upcoming merch. And to my pleasant surprise I got a rough ship estimate for 4 of my 5 unfulfilled items.

So far so good.

Holy crap!!! Look what JUST arrived!!!!!!o_O
20210902_152933.jpg

I never got a shipping notice! I'm in complete shock!

Looks like Denuo Novo is quickly filling outstanding orders, which is great...fulfilling some promises made a long time ago by Anovos.

I wonder what is DN doing that Anovos couldn't? I'd like to know how Anovos could fail so badly. Will the truth ever come out?

TazMan2000

Other than fill specific orders that Anovos didn't fill, Denuo Novo hasn't done anything Anovos hasn't. So far they are producing helmets that Anovos already produced in the Anovos owned facility. They basically had to go to that facility and restart production.

The responsiveness to questions is much improved.

I'm not trying to be negative. I just don't see this as being a huge change yet. When they start delivering things like the X-Wing pilot helmets, Kylo Ren ensemble, Krennic costume pieces, and Clone trooper helmet which Anovos never produced, I will be impressed. The Flame Trooper helmet will be a good first step for the products Anovos never produced. These will require more steps to negotiate contracts, get prototypes approved, etc. I would think some of these will still be produced overseas.

Other than fill specific orders that Anovos didn't fill, Denuo Novo hasn't done anything Anovos hasn't. So far they are producing helmets that Anovos already produced in the Anovos owned facility. They basically had to go to that facility and restart production.

I'm not trying to be negative. I just don't see this as being a huge change yet. When they start delivering things like the X-Wing pilot helmets, Kylo Ren ensemble, Krennic costume pieces, and Clone trooper helmet which Anovos never produced, I will be impressed. The Flame Trooper helmet will be a good first step for the products Anovos never produced. These will require more steps to negotiate contracts, get prototypes approved, etc. I would think some of these will still be produced overseas.
I agree. The recent developments aren't game-defining changes.
Same ball, same field, same rules, new Player.
Player 1 failed to score on multiple occasions, and now Player 2 is getting quick goals.

Personally, I'm enjoying seeing people get excited about receiving their stuff, especially after the last few years of good news / in-production BS that Anovos was pushing. Nearly every similar story usually ends with people getting screwed. So seeing something like this happen, especially after it was believed everything was lost, is kinda exciting!!

Are we too excited? I am! Sure. But look at us, we're just giant kids with credit cards prolonging our childhood fantasies. Of course we'll be excited for stuff like this! :lol:

I agree, it's too early to tell if this will continue, however, it does look promising, especially at a time where we need something good to happen.

"Denuo Novo hasn't done anything Anovos hasn't"? Again, time will tell, but one thing Anovos was notorious for is for making empty promises, not returning emails and otherwise failing the vendor/customer relationship in a big way.

Perhaps this will be a sea change. Keeping my fingers crossed.

TazMan2000

Well, for one, they said we'll start shipping things September first and they actually shipped EARLY. Granted just a few days, but still. I don't that Anovos achieved more than a few weeks late in the last few years. That's a HUGE step in the right direction.

So, if you want to rationalize it as they just restarted production in the Texas facility, then that's fine. It's likely true. The gargantuan other issue becomes, why wasn't Anovos running their own facility to kick these things out? Why were the continually saying next quarter when they knew that wasn't happening? Why were they ignoring any and all customer service emails? etc?

Yeah, they set the bar so low, there's not much they have to do to get over it. That's very true. For all the things they did ship...well, i ordered - or rather exchanged a 4 year late order for - the ERG and Mando and they BOTH said in stock and the emails from Anovos confirmed they were in stock when i ordered. Still took a YEAR to get them and from another company.

In the end, maybe he license was pull as has been intimated and they were told to stop all operations. If that's the case, the epic fail falls on Disney for forbidding either side to tell those of us with outstanding orders what was going on, etc. That's utter BS. You don't leave those holding the giant bad in the dark while letting Anovos continually say 'next quarter'.

So maybe Denuo isn't doing anything awesome or special, but after years of little to no contact, lies on ship dates, lies on what's in stock, someone who actually is straight with you, responds in a timely manner, doesn't shine you on with 'next quarter', and then ships when they say they will absolutely looks like something amazing and special.

Thing is Anovos had great good will in the beginning and people defended longer than they should have in hindsight, but THEY blew it. No one else. Were they underfunded? in over their heads? have a run of terrible luck? who knows. They didn't bother to say. And sure, maybe you can say they couldn't, but they also damn well knew stuff wasn't coming 'next quarter' and all that and kept it going and kept ignoring people. So, yeah, in the end the bar was just that low. I mean, look at the questions they answered on Sabine and the FO kits. They're not 100% sure and they're saying so. They're not saying Q1 2022 and leaving at that. Now, that keeps happening, then yeah, people will get upset but for now - the low bar was cleared with a lot of room to spare.

That's where things are right now - they've cleared that low bar and have lots of good will. Question is, do they maintain the momentum? We'll just have to see how it goes. In fairness it's very early in the game, but they've started on the right foot. IIRC, Anovos' first thing was the original TK kit. That wasn't out on time, but wasn't all that late either. So, we'll just have to see where it does from here, but the arrow is pointing up at the moment.

This all well and good folks getting items they ordered is a positive. I am like many of you who know close friends whom have been waiting for years and years on goods still not being delivered. I am sure we all many folks who are like, "Great you got your item, but where the hex is mine from 4 or 5 years back still waiting Kimosabe." Like many have said and i concur i will be IMPRESSED when those years ago items get shipped and received. Until then its positive, but FAR from impressive. Bottom line things are moving in a positive direction. To bad AnoNo just could not make it happen. It took another business with keen leadership and knowing full well the customers have rights to items they have paid for without delay. If delays are involved inform the customer of change in due date / delivery and keep communicating. Its not rocket science, simple common courtesy.

Attachments

• grandmother-granny.gif
    grandmother-granny.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I agree things look promising for Denuo Novo. The communication has been way better. I am not aware of anything they have said that has been shown to not be true. I am much more hopeful that we will actually receive the items we ordered or store credit. They have done very well so far. However, I am cautious until I see them also come through on other products that aren't so easily restarted.

Denuo Novo could do better with sending out emails when an item ships and adding an account feature to the website so customers can view their orders.

Obviously the communication from Anovos was horrible for quite a while. Accepting orders for "in stock" items that apparently weren't actually in stock was totally wrong.

At this point I have much more faith that Denuo Novo will actually come through. Unfortunately they have a huge backlog of items to catch up on.

I'm still suspicious.

This company should be called Mop Up or Clean Up on Aisle Gasser.

Not Denuovovio or whatever.

So forced. A pretentious nod to planned thievery.

I'm still suspicious.

This company should be called Mop Up or Clean Up on Aisle Gasser.

Not Denuovovio or whatever.

So forced. A pretentious nod to planned thievery.

Anyway, I think I figured out why fulfilling previous orders was a must from Disney. Look at all the fervor that is going on. Disney still wants a viable high end license and how do they do that after Anovos? Make sure the next company delivers.

When they start delivering things like the X-Wing pilot helmets, Kylo Ren ensemble, Krennic costume pieces, and Clone trooper helmet which Anovos never produced, I will be impressed.
After sending them my new shipping address and my outstanding items list, Customer Service mentioned that Gold Leader, Blue Leader and Red5 helmets "should be ready to ship in early 2022". Good news, considering I was expecting to get them in the year two thousand and never.

I'm still suspicious.
Nothing wrong with that. We've been strung along for a few years. Takes a while to regain confidence.

Nice to see folks are getting their Star Wars buckets!

Has anyone heard anything new about Trek or Marvel?

Last thing I heard through "grapevine" channels that came from someone working with Anovos was that those would also be taken care of soon, but it's been quiet as far as I can tell.

Anyway, I think I figured out why fulfilling previous orders was a must from Disney. Look at all the fervor that is going on. Disney still wants a viable high end license and how do they do that after Anovos? Make sure the next company delivers.

Denuo Novo must somehow be getting compensated for the unfulfilled Anovos orders. I can't imagine a company filling thousands of orders out of their own pocket. It doesn't sound like they will be putting items Anovos didn't sell up for sale anytime soon. I'm sure they will make some new sales of the Anovos items, but I can't see that being enough to make up for filling so many orders without somehow being compensated for those.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back