ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

And let's not forget their Grand Finale: the fully funded HAL 9000.

Thats not the same MR. I know the name is similar and even some of the same personalities were involved with both, but its not the same company.

Yeah, strikes me a distinction without a difference. I get the the creatives sold out and the buyer shut things down and screwed people, but to those screwed - (not me) - it doesn't really make a difference. Comes down to did the new owner lie their asses off to the original owners? or did the original owners have a clue and did it anyhow? We'll never know.

Did prop store screw people? Or did they just shut down?

I never had any problems with MR other than not getting the First Contact Tricorder when they finally went out of business, but I was not out any money because they never charged you until they were ready to ship it out. This meant that even if something was late you were did not give them an interest free loan like we had to do with these idiots.

My main complaint with Disney is it appears they severely limit what Anovos is allowed to say about the status of products, including products that were ordered several years ago, and they don't appear to be doing much to resolve the issues. I have no idea what is in the contract but you would hope there would be some level of execution that is required to keep the license active.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney pushed Anovos to stop doing preorders. Preorders stopper, then the next Star Wars item put up for sale (the Mando helmet) was handled very differently than any of the previous Anovos Star Wars products.

It was handled differently, but not completely. Still waiting on mine after 9 months now. That may be grandfathered under the old rules since it was part of an exchange on a phantom 4 year old order (at that time) that was never received.

So what are they trying to do with this new company? It really truly looks like they are trying to be KorbenFX soon and somehow rid themselves of the whole Anovos thing. Are they attempting something weird right in front of us? Can they file for bankruptcy as Anovos and start up a new company? I doubt it but what are they attempting?

If anyone finds out that these guys are going to appear at a convention of any kind post it here so that we can think about organizing a protest.

Who cares if we get thrown out - maybe set up to make scene after scene and get thrown out at 3 hour intervals or so.

Folk just need to be flat out warned about these people - don't buy costumes now from them and don't buy anything from them ever. If they end up where they should have been in life all along, like selling earthworm crap for your garden, don't buy that either.

So what are they trying to do with this new company? It really truly looks like they are trying to be KorbenFX soon and somehow rid themselves of the whole Anovos thing. Are they attempting something weird right in front of us? Can they file for bankruptcy as Anovos and start up a new company? I doubt it but what are they attempting?

If anyone finds out that these guys are going to appear at a convention of any kind post it here so that we can think about organizing a protest.

Who cares if we get thrown out - maybe set up to make scene after scene and get thrown out at 3 hour intervals or so.

Folk just need to be flat out warned about these people - don't buy costumes now from them and don't buy anything from them ever. If they end up where they should have been in life all along, like selling earthworm crap for your garden, don't buy that either.
You would be surprised how manysuccessful buisiness owners have filed for bankruptcy and started new Companys

Needless to say this needs to be closely watched

You would be surprised how manysuccessful buisiness owners have filed for bankruptcy and started new Companys

Needless to say this needs to be closely watched
Agree with you both, watching closely myself. And I have made up my mind.
1623501027915.gif

Well, we know they've already got 2 PPP loans for about 400k. I'm trying to find out if they are going to file for or qualify for PPP forgiveness. I wouldn't put anything past them. Grifters gonna grift.

Weird. I've been under the impression, from the RPF threads about the Orville pistol and other props, that KorbenFX was actually run by someone named Korben. I recall the website being offline a few months ago and folks thought KorbenFX had gone out of business, then it came back.

Weird. I've been under the impression, from the RPF threads about the Orville pistol and other props, that KorbenFX was actually run by someone named Korben. I recall the website being offline a few months ago and folks thought KorbenFX had gone out of business, then it came back.
If you trace the company, you'll see that even though it's registered in FL, it traces back to Jose in Simi Valley

I am confused by the Korben emails that Anovos sends. I can't find any of the emails promoting the Alien products. These products do not appear on the Anovos site. The only products on Products — Korben FX are from The Orville.

Based on About Us — Korben FX, I don't think Korben started out with any connection to Anovos. Perhaps there is some kind of connection now, but I don't think Anovos created Korben.

It appears Korben is involved with producing the two Star Trek studio scale ships Anovos sells. .

The "about us" pages on KFX mentions working on Alien projects. Since both Alien and The Orville are FOX properties, maybe that's a connection. Stands to reason that someone else is building their 'studio scale' ships, just like QMx had a company in Florida doing their models.

I’ll leave this one here too

The "about us" pages on KFX mentions working on Alien projects. Since both Alien and The Orville are FOX properties, maybe that's a connection. Stands to reason that someone else is building their 'studio scale' ships, just like QMx had a company in Florida doing their models.

It's odd how difficult it is to find any information about the Aliens products. Why send several emails but have no information on any website? I don't remember what the emails said.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back