ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Got this today in my email, definitely a contender for my favorite email of the week:

Please come back!​

We haven't heard from you in a while.
Are you still interested in Prop and Costume Replicas?

We value your input and want to hear from you!
Our intention is to provide meaningful content including behind-the-scenes articles, special offers, and product updates.
If you're no longer interested in hearing from us, just click the link to unsubscribe to our newsletter.

Thank you for being a loyal ANOVOS fan!​

tenor (1).gif

Okay, question - when the Kylo Ren costume was first released, didn't it say it would be made of custom milled wool? It says cotton now but am I imagining things?

Last edited:
Okay, question - when the Kylo Ren costume was first released, didn't it say it would be made of custom milled wool? It says cotton now but am I imagining things?
I can't speak as to the Anovos ad, but the screen used pieces were deemed to be as follows when it was on display:

1617494299757.png

Hey y'all please keep posting in this thread if you receive items - not because we want Anovos to get more business but to allow other past customers to maybe get their stuff!

Last year I transferred some of my "non refundable money" (refund request sent Jan 2019) to credit to possibly get the Mando and Shoretrooper. When a couple people posted they were receiving the Mando I sent them a support ticket and one got shipped to me.

After a couple of people posted here about receiving the new Shoretrooper I waited a few weeks and then put it in a support ticket. One was shipped to me a few days later (no email back of course).

Just received it today - it is a shame they have these issues because this definitely looks even better then the 1st one they released. I'm actually tempted to keep this one but we'll see.

J0BPKRQ.jpg

3547ec7.jpg

Now, only $1800 or so dollars to go until we are settled up...

Just a note: Today I went to the Disneyland Star Wars store and they had an Anovos Kylo Ren helmet for sale (two actually at least) at $750.

They also had at least two Anovos Tie Pilot helmets at $450.

I asked if they had anything else from Anovos and the woman rolled her eyes. I laughed and told her about my experience. She was not surprised.

I requested a refund in January and received an auto-reply. Since then I've got zero response to multiple emails. I don't get how this can just keep going on. Do they think they can just ignore it all away? I guess it's worked so far.

One of my items is Luke's Red 5 helmet. What happened there? They shipped the "Rey's Salvaged X-Wing Helmet", so the molds exist. The only thing I can think of is the Chinese manufacturer is holding the molds as collateral and Anovos owes them money.

Here's a report on a recent experience I had with them.

During one of their recent sales, I placed a small order for a Niner baseball cap and a TOS Utility belt. (Yes, I was fully aware of the risks and so forth, but they were in stock and I needed the belt to complete my TOS uniform, so I was OK with the risk. And maybe, just maybe, the funds will eventually help fulfill the two outstanding orders I have with them.)

Both items have now arrived, and both are great.

They even shipped the cap in a big box to keep it from getting crushed, which was nice.

There was ONE snafu however, in that I paid for UPS 4-day shipping, which I did NOT get. (I'm probably going to ask for the difference back... we'll see how that goes... I did pay with Paypal after all.) They instead sent belt+cap in separate USPS shipments, which ended up costing me an extra $15 in customs/brokerage fees because they charge per-package. Not a big deal, really, but I was hoping to have had the cap a little faster. I will also say that both of them shipped within a week of ordering.

So all in all... not a bad experience. Not a stupendously great one either, but both items arrived safe and are of good quality.

The stitching on the TOS belt was pretty good and the sizing pretty spot on.

Can you believe this Anovos ad? Grandma?

Granted, the prop looks cool and no one will ever get one delivered but I have long wondered who does the writing over there.

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 2.44.06 PM.png

The b@lls they have to try to go for another license...but I digress. I can wait until KorbenFX.com lists the prop directly at their shop.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back