ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Sooo... Hope I'm not jinxing anything, but believe it or not I received a shipping email from Anovos last night for my Andor jacket. I was in shock for a moment, so had to read through it a few times, to confirm but sure enough it's on schedule for delivery Thursday.
The shock is understandable.
Regardless, it's more positive news!

I too received a shipping notice for my outstanding Cassian jacket...the email appears to note an XL when I ordered a LG (I was going to trade with my better half for her XL)...I also ordered my hot sauce an hour ago

LOL - on their Support page Anovos has listed, under Star Wars, items a "Made in Texas" section vs. a "Made Overseas" section - WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!!!!!!

The implication is obviously "don't blame us for manufacturing that is out of our control" etc. Am I not getting that right?

jeeeeezus...

The second Cassian jacket arrived this morning. Looks better than the first one we received about what seems like a year ago. The fabric color is slightly lighter, the stitching is different in some areas, and while the tag shows XL it fits my better half, so your mileage may vary with tag sizing. I am just glad the second one arrived. The pin captain's badge has a loose pip, but I will check with someone I know who made metal badges for our fleet troopers years ago to see if they can make a couple for us.

Good luck to the rest of you, will see if we get our standard FOTK kits...and Trek soft goods.

Last edited:
Received the Andor jacket and I gotta say a bit underwhelming after this long wait. The excuse of waiting on the exact material match is straight up garbage, this is a cotton/poly blend that can be found at any JoAnns across the country, maybe not the exact color but I bet you could find pretty close. The rubberized sleeve ribbing, OK pretty cool but folks are doing this sorta stuff on their 3D printers. The comm badge has been done better by others on this board as has the rank badge. And the cherry on top is there's no way this is an XL by any means, I was able to try it on but in no way can I move my shoulders/arms without fear of ripping out the yoke in the rear or worse. More like a Medium-Large, but hey it came in a fantastic Anovos garment bag... It'll be up in the Junkyard as soon as I can get some pics.

I definitely received a prototype btw (or more accurately, my better half did last year and traded for the 'XL/not XL' I received from yesterday). The one shipped yesterday has six stitch lines around the waist and mandarin collar, mine has four, which I will have to correct.

Wow! Just realized that today is the SIX year anniversary of my having paid in full for a Kylo Premiere costume.

Six.

Years.
I had my eye on the Anovos ensemble, but was waiting for them to be in stock before I put any money down.

After all the delays, I finally went another route. Shoot me a PM if you’d like more details on other makers.

Here’s hoping Anovos will eventually come through with the Kylo ensembles...

Sean

I had my eye on the Anovos ensemble, but was waiting for them to be in stock before I put any money down.

After all the delays, I finally went another route. Shoot me a PM if you’d like more details on other makers.

Here’s hoping Anovos will eventually come through with the Kylo ensembles...

Sean
Hello, Sean! And thank you much. After all this time, since I am here with their helmet, some gloves, boots, saber I sprung for Meryem's Darkside costume that uses the right basket weave.

Just need the time to work on it/ improve it/ further tailor...

Hello, Sean! And thank you much. After all this time, since I am here with their helmet, some gloves, boots, saber I sprung for Meryem's Darkside costume that uses the right basket weave.

Just need the time to work on it/ improve it/ further tailor...

Good choice. I got the complete Darkside soft goods, PH props belt and neck seal and got approved two weeks ago. From ordering to 501st approved was only 3 months. Darkside was beyond awesome.

Good choice. I got the complete Darkside soft goods, PH props belt and neck seal and got approved two weeks ago. From ordering to 501st approved was only 3 months. Darkside was beyond awesome.
Nice. Did you coat the thing with Dawn's Mix? I am using two coats of it and have these results on top and left. I know this is an Anovos thread but it's not like they're contributing anything to anything:

IMG_6263.jpeg

Got this today in my email, definitely a contender for my favorite email of the week:

Please come back!​

We haven't heard from you in a while.
Are you still interested in Prop and Costume Replicas?

We value your input and want to hear from you!
Our intention is to provide meaningful content including behind-the-scenes articles, special offers, and product updates.
If you're no longer interested in hearing from us, just click the link to unsubscribe to our newsletter.

Thank you for being a loyal ANOVOS fan!​

Got this today in my email, definitely a contender for my favorite email of the week:

Please come back!​

We haven't heard from you in a while.
Are you still interested in Prop and Costume Replicas?

We value your input and want to hear from you!
Our intention is to provide meaningful content including behind-the-scenes articles, special offers, and product updates.
If you're no longer interested in hearing from us, just click the link to unsubscribe to our newsletter.

Thank you for being a loyal ANOVOS fan!​

Holy hilarity...

It has the desperate tone of a drunk dial from an ex from long, long ago...

68C6510E-09B7-4F09-B1D0-29A7B422D0C6.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back