ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

When was the last time we heard about Star Wars stuff ?

I smile every time I remember receiving an email saying how « nearly ready to ship » were the FOTK kits...

They keep ignoring all my emails since I asked for a refund more than 6 months ago.

When was the last time we heard about Star Wars stuff ?

I smile every time I remember receiving an email saying how « nearly ready to ship » were the FOTK kits...

They keep ignoring all my emails since I asked for a refund more than 6 months ago.
The latest Star Wars update I see on the website is from October 24th, 2020. The October 9th post was updated on October 24th.

Yeah I remember, I picture our container with FOTK armor arriving at Port Canaveral prior to August 29, 2019...without having the shipping manifest to confirm of course
...that more than likely went to Disney Hollywood Studios "Rise of the Resistance" attraction for the FOTK mannequins in the Start Destroyer hangar.

...that more than likely went to Disney Hollywood Studios "Rise of the Resistance" attraction for the FOTK mannequins in the Start Destroyer hangar.
...if there was such a container, and if it did go to the Disney attraction, odds are most - if not all of it - was already bought and [fully] paid for by regular customers.

With the way things have been going (in some cases 5 years and counting) I would not be terribly shocked to find out A double-dipped by selling D merchandise already sold.

Somehow, deceptive trade practice doesn't sound harsh enough....

...and I haven’t been able to make the trip, to see it with my own eyes...just as well though, because who knows what would happen if I stepped ‘out of character’ while the cameras were rolling with the rest of the guests (just trying to do my best Finn, even if I am not legion approved, that’s all)

...and I haven’t been able to make the trip, to see it with my own eyes...just as well though, because who knows what would happen if I stepped ‘out of character’ while the cameras were rolling with the rest of the guests (just trying to do my best Finn, even if I am not legion approved, that’s all)
Disney should do something nice - give all of those costumes to the top (oldest) orders waiting for FOTK costumes and spend lots of money to generate their own replacements.

And yes, I do remember that container ship story. In communication with CS they said, "I'll tell you but don't tell anybody that they are in a container ship." Was everyone here told that supposed "secret" at the time?

I remember when Ryan was working at Anovos. He was the one I was communicating with and I myself joked to him that the container ship would have everything except Kylo costumes and his EXACT quote back to me was, "Oh, that would be too much!"

And he asked me not to joke about it.

No joke.

So what is the coating on that stupid costume anyway? I might make my own after losing $3k here - so I want to do it right.

Never thought of it from this angle but do you all understand how much Anovos hates us?

Actually and severely hates their customers?

It just struck me as a kind of taste.

The whole FOTK costumes going to the Disney attraction is what angered me the most out of all of this. I can almost understand getting in over your head and drowning, and having problems dealing with outsourcing and working Chinese factories. But to take something that we paid for and deliver it to somebody else totally takes the cake...

The whole FOTK costumes going to the Disney attraction is what angered me the most out of all of this. I can almost understand getting in over your head and drowning, and having problems dealing with outsourcing and working Chinese factories. But to take something that we paid for and deliver it to somebody else totally takes the cake...
They were delivered to the company that controls the license, not just some random company that decided they wanted them. Lots of us would choose to please someone that has power over us.

So to sum up.. I really don't know any details RE: the FOTK costumes.

I have been on the attraction only once. And they looked like movie quality suits.

I HEARD that Disney used Anovos to supply the costumes for the 50 star destroyer hanger FOTKs (and the 2 FOTK seen in the queue line) during the attraction. There are also a handful of walk around FOTK's (live actors) that Disney has in Galaxy's edge; no idea if these are modified Anovos TKs or not, but let us assume they are.

So, I would estimate 60 FOTK Anovos suits were sent to Disney Hollywood Studios, and another 60 to the California Disneyland park. That's 120 suits total. And let's assume that Disney has several back-up suits/helmets/parts for repair and replacement (say 10 at each park, or 20 total back-up suits). We are now up to 140.

Disney was (?is?) selling helmets (and I believe complete suits) at the "Launch Bay" SW museums/gift shops on both coasts, and at Galaxy's Edge themed lands. Not sure if they were in stock, or "order only." But's let's spitball and assume each store had several in stock for immediate purchase. I could stretch and say 30 at each park (Florida and California), so another 60 suits.

...we are now up to 200 total FOTK suits that Disney would have purchased from Anovos.

Does this 200 put a dent in the overall order from prop collectors/costumers/SW fans? I don't know. Seems like a SMALL number to me, as I would guess Anovos may have had well over 1,000 orders but I have no way of knowing.

It's been ages so my memory is a little fuzzy, but IIRC (probably a hundred pages back) comparisons were made from Anovos images of the armor pieces they made and the ones on the Disney ride. I also remember Anovos showing pics of he new metal bucks they were using for the vacuforming and warehouse shelves stacked with armor pieces - and the promise that release was immanent. I even got the neck seal delivered about that time. And then after the Galaxy's Edge announcements - not a peep about the FOTK kits anymore.
I also had the new updated helmet on order (still) - but they've never delivered it. I eventually bought it off eBay from somebody who had bought it originally from the park. Tried canceling my order with Anovos but no luck. So how is it that they can make the product and deliver it to Disney, but can't seem to manage to send it out to those of us who paid years ago? They clearly have been able to produce these FOTK parts, that's not the problem.
IMG_4961.jpg

But to take something that we paid for and deliver it to somebody else totally takes the cake...
Infuriating.

They were delivered to the company that controls the license, not just some random company that decided they wanted them. Lots of us would choose to please someone that has power over us.
And it is especially pleasing when that someone is paying for merchandise that was already sold to someone else (assuming that's the case).

Does this 200 put a dent in the overall order from prop collectors/costumers/SW fans? I don't know. Seems like a SMALL number to me, as I would guess Anovos may have had well over 1,000 orders but I have no way of knowing.
No way of knowing, sure. Yet there are all those (here) who ordered the full FOTK and haven't received it yet, plus the enormous, continuous backlog on everything else.

And to put things in perspective; some ordered (and fully paid for) FOTK costumes before Galaxy's Edge was built. That is a spectacular failure on their part.

Last edited:
Anyon know what is the latest news on the Boba fett blast kit? I’ve been waiting for over a year. Last they posted it was going to ship 4th quarter. Which has come and gone.

Guessing some of you are in this same boat:

I assume that we are SOL: Our money is gone, we lose, and we have to move on. Awful but I want to know FOR CERTAIN before going to spend any money and planning on anything else. Like y'all I start planning in Spring for Halloween stuff and it would SSUUCCKK to gear up for something else and have my costume appear out of the blue.

So I guess the question - can they legally just ignore us forever? Is that what EFX is doing with their Legend Biker Scout helmet?

Ugh. I thought that when I got out of this situation by having them send me some replacement item instead of a refund, that it’d be the last I’d ever have to think about this company.

But that feels selfish now. I feel for those of you still stuck waiting. Just really, really makes me angry about this whole mess, and all companies involved (that’d include you, Disney.)

My hope is that there’s an article coming soon from io9/Gizmodo, where we’d submitted info months and months ago. And then, I hope they do a story for EFX. And any other licensed company who has been doing the same to customers.

1614117122664.gif

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back