ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I wanted to share my recent situation with Anovos, and how it was resolved.

My wife really wanted the Rey Jakku costume, and against my better judgement ( I’ve been around here long enough to know better) I bought it during their “In-Stock” Halloween sale. I fully expected not to receive anything for months, but thought I’d give it a shot.

To my surprise, I got a shipping notice in under a week. The package arrived on October 30th, in a plain brown box, with no “Star Wars” packaging at all. There was an invoice, and the costume pieces folded, and sealed in clear plastic.

My wife tried everything on, and we quickly realized something was wrong with the main tabard portion of the costume. After messing with it for over an hour, we realized that it was sewn incorrectly. There was no way it would fit properly. I won’t go into all the details in this post, but there was no way around it. The piece was incorrect, and unusable.

I quickly emailed them so I met their 48 hour notice requirement. To my surprise, I got a response from Charlie the next day. At first, he said we probably weren’t attaching it properly (it is a confusing garment) but I assured him that we knew what we were doing. After sending him a video of the issue, he told me that he would get in touch with his soft goods designer to see what they can do for me.

His last email was three days after I initially contacted him. I made it a point to email him almost once every week. I was polite, and tried to be as patient as I could be. All I asked him for was an update, and told him I was fine if he responded with no new information. After exactly a month with no response, I told him I had enough. I let him know that I began looking into options with my state Attorneys General. And expected a corrected garment, or a refund for at least part of my purchase.

After nearly a month from that email, Charlie finally contacted me. He told me that he had been sick, and had been trying to catch up on emails. I imagine he had an incredibly full inbox if that were the case. He told me that he would be sending out a replacement, and provided me with a return label for the defective item. I was reluctant to send anything back until I had the replacement, and told him that. He said it was fine, and told me I could wait until I inspected the replacement. To my surprise I got a tracking number, and the package showed up a few days later.

I never expected to get the replacement. Especially after hearing all of the horrible situations many of you are in. I do have to admit that Charlie came through, even if it took two months. I cannot say for certain that telling him I was taking measures with my AG did anything. He genuinely may have been ill. I just have no way of knowing.

Overall, I’m glad that Charlie eventually came through. However, I think I am done rolling the dice with Anovos. I hope all of you get the items, or refunds you’ve requested. Sorry for the long post, but I felt I needed to share my experience.
I can also state Charlie said he was sick for 2-3 weeks.... im still waiting on my correct tunic to ship... still. Sent an email to remind him Wednesday no reply, yet.

Im glad you got your situation resolved tho.

IMG_1931.jpg

good ol’ Charlie! This one was my favorite.... “King of shocked”[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].... this was one of many several years ago....

I can also state Charlie said he was sick for 2-3 weeks.... im still waiting on my correct tunic to ship... still. Sent an email to remind him Wednesday no reply, yet.

I really hope he gets back to you. I do feel lucky that I got my issue resolved. Hopefully he can get caught up, and they can actually start getting people some answers.

Definitely wouldn’t be the first time the Second batch isn’t up to the same standard as the first.
Cough cough, Kylo.

The original Anovos Shoretrooper is the most disappointing of all the Anovos products I own. The base color is wrong. The weathering is minimal.

If the posted photos are truly from the 2020 Anovos run, the color and weathering looks better to me. Obviously the lack of the red circle is incorrect.

Hmm the pics they showed awhile back on v2 shows the bottom eyelid in the visor which the 1st version did not have. I don't see that in that in the picture a few posts back.

The "sick" excuse? No sympathy - put someone else on the job while he's gone.

How sick are you going to feel when their "dog ate" your shipment?

The "sick" excuse? No sympathy - put someone else on the job while he's gone.

How sick are you going to feel when their "dog ate" your shipment?
Well people do get sick, im not begrudging him that... but yeah Charlie is out and no CS replies... something fishy going on... Superman is Clark Kent fishy.... but yeah they sent me the wrong (cheaper) tunic.. surprise surprise surprise... golly Sgt Carter.... waiting for correct tunic now

Well people do get sick, im not begrudging him that... but yeah Charlie is out and no CS replies... something fishy going on... Superman is Clark Kent fishy.... but yeah they sent me the wrong (cheaper) tunic.. surprise surprise surprise... golly Sgt Carter.... waiting for correct tunic now
But why is he the only person doing that job? If the company exists, the service continues in his absence.

Maybe no one at Anovos was paying him.

There has never been an update of any kind from Anovos, from the beginning, that relates directly to reality. Everything is spin at best.

Like North Korean news service.

I usually get replies from "Reggie S.". The last non-automatic response was on December 8th 2020. I have sent emails on December 16th, 21st, 23rd, 29th, January 1st, 5th, and 6th with no response. I could believe them taking a break for the holidays and people being sick, but no responses to emails December 16th - January 6th is not good. Especially when they have frequently sent emails promoting new Star Trek and Ghostbuster items in that same timeframe.

Has anyone received a response or product from Anovos since mid December?

Looking at the recent sales emails, it seems all of their efforts are on everything besides Star Wars. I could be wrong, but the mando helmet is all that’s been released in a while. Maybe some truth to them losing the license.

I used to email them frequently when I was owed a fair bit of product. I was one of the lucky few who received the FOTK kit is summer 2019, minus gaskets and helmet. In my opinion the kit wasn’t and won’t be worth the wait if you’re hoping to get 501st with it. It needs a lot of work. I would say it was more designed for casual cosplay rather than super accurate clubs if that makes sense.

All I’m owed from them are the gaskets and helmet from the kit, which were bunched in at pre order for $675 and another helmet. I have other gaskets and helmet anyway.

It sounds lazy, but I’ve kind of given up emailing them anymore. It creates less stress. I figured that 1 day I’ll get a shipping notice.

Looking at the recent sales emails, it seems all of their efforts are on everything besides Star Wars. I could be wrong, but the mando helmet is all that’s been released in a while. Maybe some truth to them losing the license.

This year I have received the Mando helmet, Rogue One Imperial Officer hat, and Royal Guard helmet. The Royal Guard helmet was received in August. After that they were promoting the Shoretrooper helmet and they invoiced some people for it.

It seems since then there has been pretty much no activity on Star Wars items other than clearing out the old stock. Maybe the Facebook post is a 2020 Shoretrooper helmet, but I haven't seen enough to be confident that is the case.

Ive only heard of a 1 or 2 cassian jackets on Facebook... its odd.
Then we are at 3. So much for making them in batches, because I know the person who has the other, and wants to trade for mine. The trick is getting a customer service response with integrity and a commitment to deliver

Ive only heard of a 1 or 2 cassian jackets on Facebook... its odd.
I saw one or two on FB as well. I wanted to snag one from a retailer but apparently no one ever carried the PO other than Anovos.

I wouldn't give Anovos my money directly ever again but I do with I had snagged a weathered tank trooper when they were available from other retailers. One of the more unique helmets that I really liked.

Hm. Given what folk out here are saying about no Star Wars emails, I suspect CS has been given a directive under the loss of SW license to not communicate in any way re: Star Wars products. A legal decision. But, typical to this company, a decision that worsens the problem.

Question - for SW items recently delivered, do you get an advance email of any kind? Like shipping label?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back