ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

One thing anovos could never have predicted was the iphone 12 adding a lidar scanner. It might not seem like anything to most people, but that's a very big deal in terms of people being to create competition.

Anyone can walk into a star wars exhibit and walk out now with mid quality scans of the actual costumes and props. That evens the playing field in terms of accuracy and creates opportunity for smaller business to create low volume high quality movie accurate costumes and props at a level no one has seen before. People in this community might not be thinking about it, but other 3D artist looking for ways to make money outside of their normal work are. Anovos for sure knows this is an eventual reality.
Yep, was also checking the web for 3d print discovery phaser rifle files (for those who like anything trek)...downloaded a TOS phaser rifle from an Etsy shop - zero preorder - or ”waitlist” time. What you noted speaks to their lack of vision.

Yep, was also checking the web for 3d print discovery phaser rifle files (for those who like anything trek)...downloaded a TOS phaser rifle from an Etsy shop - zero preorder - or ”waitlist” time. What you noted speaks to their lack of vision.
Another thing we're seeing is the rise is 3rd party 3D printing companies that will print finished clean files for you like shapeways. I know there are some of those guys in this community already. Again you now have to consider everyone has a lidar scanner in their pocket which leads to everyone eventually having access to scans or original props. Even though they are mid/low quality scans for an average 3D artist to take those and clean them up is nothing.

So if annovos can't meet deadlines and release product, other people will.

Formally requested a refund for the Kylo Premiere ensemble and Luke X-wing helmet today. Let's see what happens.
Please let us know if you receive any kind of response. They have not responded to my last few emails.

It is surprising that there is so little being done by any licensed company for Mandalorian related helmets other than Din's helmet. Merchandising has been a huge part of Star Wars from the beginning.

Please let us know if you receive any kind of response. They have not responded to my last few emails.

It is surprising that there is so little being done by any licensed company for Mandalorian related helmets other than Din's helmet. Merchandising has been a huge part of Star Wars from the beginning.
I got a response pretty quickly and Charlie said he would push for a refund.

Hopefully you get it right away with minimal delay. Can't say the same for the thousands plus and more customers who have NOT gotten any refund or items for the last couple of years.

He'll "push for a refund". What the heck makes them think that is in any way an appropriate response to a refund request? Let alone a refund request after not delivering YEARS after an order‽
Anything other than "I'm sorry we didn't deliver, you'll request will get processed asap an you'll have your money back in your account within two business days" is a joke that would not be legal here in Europe, and I'm pretty sure isn't (or shouldn't be) legal in the US either.

Pushing for a refund is just empty words. Years ago when I asked for a refund, I got a formal reply that it will be processed. It never happened.

Okay, THAT's funny - "push for a refund" - Everything to make it sound like he's on your side.

Sounds almost like if Charlie goes to the gym consistently for a couple months you'll get your refund. If not, you're screwed.

Bust out the Creatine!!!!

Why is he “pushing” for a refund. He doesn’t need to push for one, he can GIVE you a refund if he wants to. He’s not your lawyer, he works for the company. Sounds like he’s giving you the runaround buddy
"Pushing" makes it seem like he's on the side of the customer, and removes any accountability.

"Hey! I'm pushing for a refund but the Boss, he just...he just won't listen! Doing the best I can!"

8552.gif

I got a response pretty quickly and Charlie said he would push for a refund.
Received the same answer...

Charlie (ANOVOS Productions LLC)
Hello,

I am sincerely sorry for the long delay in getting back to you. I am still working on getting this processed and hopefully should have it back on track. Thank you again for your patience.

Stay Safe,
Charlie
ANOVOS

Usually they say they will push the refund request to finance. That is most likely what they are implying in the message. I kinda doubt there is a finance dept but I also would not have guessed they still have 30+ employees.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back