ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Whelp... The Star Wars items are back up on the Anovos site. Everything is listed as "interest list." Maybe they are trying to create some kind of metric to show demand for their product so they can try to justify keeping the license with Lucasfilm.

Cheers
Steven
What is the goal of an “interest list” when people who paid real money on preorders havent received what they paid for...

...and what does it mean to post “sold out” on a site when the people who paid are still waiting for something tangible...

I know Steven, it’s not for us, it’s for those who don’t know what’s happening, but should consider everything first, from not only this forum, but from several others...

What I have learned is that if you are an LLC you can take hundreds of thousands of dollars from customers and do whatever you want with it, houses, cars, toys and you don’t even have to make or deliver anything. If anyone starts to ask questions or threaten legal action you simply say you will declare bankruptcy and walk away Scott free.

Now that I think about it.... if anyone wants an FOTK I’m starting mikidymac, LLC and selling complete FOTK kits for $399 so please send me payment in full friends and family on PayPal and I’ll hand deliver them to your door in 6 months.

In a few days, another Q will come to an end. Thank you, Q4 2020. You performed as expected.

To celebrate the beginning of a new Q, would anyone be interested in officially announcing the rescheduling of Q4 2020 items to Q1 2021?
Would be nice to have someone who doesn't post often. Perhaps a newer member of our community?

Whoever it may be, I - and many others - are looking forward to seeing it here first!

Thanks!!

It looks like the STD uniforms have finally been shipped out to folks. I had one on order, but canceled after becoming disgusted with the show and got the Mandalorian helmet instead. That said, the (admittedly few, so far) photos I've seen of the uniforms show very good workmanship. There are a lot of different pattern details and fabric types in those uniforms, yet the stitching all looks great, as does the puffy-print pattern. The shoulder structuring looks good from what I've seen, nice and straight. I've seen the odd 'wrinkle' around the collar, but I'm guessing that will sort itself with some ironing and wearing. Whatever can be said of their business practices and quality issues on other IPs, the Star Trek stuff still appears to be absolutely top-notch. It makes me at least a little hopeful that, if they manage to keep going, the TWOK Field Jacket and Star Lord jacket they still owe me will be great.

In a few days, another Q will come to an end. Thank you, Q4 2020. You performed as expected.

To celebrate the beginning of a new Q, would anyone be interested in officially announcing the rescheduling of Q4 2020 items to Q1 2021?
Would be nice to have someone who doesn't post often. Perhaps a newer member of our community?

Whoever it may be, I - and many others - are looking forward to seeing it here first!

Thanks!!
Go on then! I’m fairly new over here and don’t have many posts!
And seeing as I have orders outstanding from September 2016 I feel suitably qualified to say all q4 2020 products will be delayed to q2 2021 due to the pandemic, our exacting search for accuracy and the fact that the dog has eaten all of the paperwork relating to outstanding orders. Delete and apply as appropriate. Merry Xmas!

Go on then! I’m fairly new over here and don’t have many posts!
And seeing as I have orders outstanding from September 2016 I feel suitably qualified to say all q4 2020 products will be delayed to q2 2021 due to the pandemic, our exacting search for accuracy and the fact that the dog has eaten all of the paperwork relating to outstanding orders. Delete and apply as appropriate. Merry Xmas!
Bravo Lee! Well done!!

I was just cleaning out my screenshots and came across this: I screenshoted the page for the Colonial Warrior Jacket back in the end of 2017 or start of 2018. "Shipping Spring 2018"
Still waiting almost 3 years later.
Not news. But when I actually see it in black and white it just pisses me off even more. Pissed at myself too. I screenshotted it because I had the feeling it needed to be documented. It's the last thing I ordered from them. Last thing I will ever order from them no matter what.

Attachments

• Colonial Warrior Jacket Shipping Spring 2018.jpg
    Colonial Warrior Jacket Shipping Spring 2018.jpg
    716.8 KB · Views: 126
I ordered the Boba Fett blaster kit back in early 2019. It was scheduled for 4Q and still no update. Anyone have one on order as well?

Looking back I don't know what pisses me off more - not getting a $3k product after GLADLY allowing well over a year for delivery (now 5 years) or the secretive, insecure, condescending, and poorly written address of our place and situation as "valued" customers.

Imbeciles.

Many lost (self-destroyed) opportunities for them, especially with the slate of streaming shows in development, not to mention the content that The Mandolorian has released so far. All those Mandolorian variants, the Transport Trooper helmet, potentially a Dark Trooper helmet, the Remnant ST variant, those would have been GOLD to Anovos. What a shame.

Many lost (self-destroyed) opportunities for them, especially with the slate of streaming shows in development, not to mention the content that The Mandolorian has released so far. All those Mandolorian variants, the Transport Trooper helmet, potentially a Dark Trooper helmet, the Remnant ST variant, those would have been GOLD to Anovos. What a shame.
Or maybe a kind of THANK GOD moment too. Seriously. A shame that someone is not producing them yes, perhaps, but not these folks. We are talking about people who are extremely inexperienced at finishing much of anything - and to everyone else, a guy getting something across town does not mean that Anovos "delivers." Got it? Even Hitler brought us the Volkswagen. Enough so-called "balance" and "fairness" crap already.

GOLD: n. always the case when you take money and do nothing. derivation: from the Latin STEAL.

A new company could do some of this but domestically and at higher prices - no way around that I don't think.

Or maybe a kind of THANK GOD moment too. Seriously. A shame that someone is not producing them yes, perhaps, but not these folks. We are talking about people who are extremely inexperienced at finishing much of anything - and to everyone else, a guy getting something across town does not mean that Anovos "delivers." Got it? Even Hitler brought us the Volkswagen. Enough so-called "balance" and "fairness" crap already.

GOLD: n. always the case when you take money and do nothing. derivation: from the Latin STEAL.

A new company could do some of this but domestically and at higher prices - no way around that I don't think.
Absolutely.
By lost opportunities I was implying if they had a functional operation and none of this nonsense had happened.
But I hear ya buddy.

One thing anovos could never have predicted was the iphone 12 adding a lidar scanner. It might not seem like anything to most people, but that's a very big deal in terms of people being to create competition.

Anyone can walk into a star wars exhibit and walk out now with mid quality scans of the actual costumes and props. That evens the playing field in terms of accuracy and creates opportunity for smaller business to create low volume high quality movie accurate costumes and props at a level no one has seen before. People in this community might not be thinking about it, but other 3D artist looking for ways to make money outside of their normal work are. Anovos for sure knows this is an eventual reality.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back