ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Not everyone knows the history. Some have only found out about Anovos recently to order the Mando helmet.

Someone reading many of the recent posts would think Anovos has almost no history of actually delivering products. Same for posts in forums about efx. Both of these companies had much better records in the past and have been able to deliver a few recent products. Both of them started to struggle with deliveries around the same time. I doubt that is a coincidence.

I don't see any point in adding more negative posts unless something unique happens to me. There are already plenty of posts with complaints many of us have including me. I post photos of recently delivered products so people can get an idea of what the actual product looks like and show there is some activity. I acknowledge that there is a huge backlog to be filled, however that doesn't mean that no products are being delivered. This is a very different situation than a fan vendor who only sells a few products no longer communicating or shipping any products. There is activity at Anovos. Not as much as we would like from the huge backlog, but there is some.

There isn't much any of us can do about the long delay, but we can choose how we react to it. Many choose to be completely negative because their products have not been delivered. No other deliveries matter to them. Before the Mando helmet was put up for sale and delivered in a pretty reasonable amount of time, I was more pessimistic too. Now I am seeing signs of progress on a few products. I choose to be hopeful that the long delayed products will start trickling through. I don't expect all of the products shown for Q3 and Q4 to be delivered in those timeframes, but hopefully some will.

For anyone that is positive they will never receive their product it would be best to cancel the order for store credit and order something in stock even if it isn't an item they want. Sell the item and get some money back. That is better than losing all of the money. I wouldn't count on Disney refunding all of the money if Anovos fails. Anyone that doesn't feel a need to cancel their orders and get what money they can must have some hope of actually receiving the product from Anovos.
A company is only as good as its current practices. You can't just state that because there happens to be a history of them previously delivering products to their customers, that they should not be judged as harshly as they are in this thread. Especially when people have been giving them the benefit of the doubt for years.

The fact of the matter is that Anovos is not transparent, constantly screws over customers and is doing nothing to acknowledge the aforementioned (let alone correct it). If they can put effort into marketing, they most certainly can reach out to customers who are still waiting. Even if it's just with actual concrete info about why their orders have not shipped or why a refund is taking so much longer than it should. They choose not to. They absolutely do not care.

I get what you're saying, but that hopefulness is just naive. And in no retail situation would this even be remotely acceptable.

Not everyone knows the history. Some have only found out about Anovos recently to order the Mando helmet.

Someone reading many of the recent posts would think Anovos has almost no history of actually delivering products. Same for posts in forums about efx. Both of these companies had much better records in the past and have been able to deliver a few recent products. Both of them started to struggle with deliveries around the same time. I doubt that is a coincidence.

I don't see any point in adding more negative posts unless something unique happens to me. There are already plenty of posts with complaints many of us have including me. I post photos of recently delivered products so people can get an idea of what the actual product looks like and show there is some activity. I acknowledge that there is a huge backlog to be filled, however that doesn't mean that no products are being delivered. This is a very different situation than a fan vendor who only sells a few products no longer communicating or shipping any products. There is activity at Anovos. Not as much as we would like from the huge backlog, but there is some.

There isn't much any of us can do about the long delay, but we can choose how we react to it. Many choose to be completely negative because their products have not been delivered. No other deliveries matter to them. Before the Mando helmet was put up for sale and delivered in a pretty reasonable amount of time, I was more pessimistic too. Now I am seeing signs of progress on a few products. I choose to be hopeful that the long delayed products will start trickling through. I don't expect all of the products shown for Q3 and Q4 to be delivered in those timeframes, but hopefully some will.

For anyone that is positive they will never receive their product it would be best to cancel the order for store credit and order something in stock even if it isn't an item they want. Sell the item and get some money back. That is better than losing all of the money. I wouldn't count on Disney refunding all of the money if Anovos fails. Anyone that doesn't feel a need to cancel their orders and get what money they can must have some hope of actually receiving the product from Anovos.

Fair enough. All of that makes sense. I would only differ by cautioning against any sense of hope someone might see in our exchange. I would have received, it seems, some of the items I decided against buying out of caution. So all that happened is I watched a lot of things actually get delivered to others which healthy caution kept me from pursuing.

And no, I do not think I will get either my product or any money back.

Buying from them and selling to recover money is not what I signed up for.

I was more inclined to be optimistic the first time someone posted that they have changed things and are turning it around and we can expect better going forward. That was literally YEARS ago, btw. In this very thread.

Even the second time...I still had some hope.

By around the fourth time I just had pity for anyone who actually still believed.

Now? Good luck. See you next year the next time we hear about how they are turning things around and correcting unforseen issues.

Even writing this post has become a yearly tradition. Last year's version:
I'm all for second chances. Sometimes third chances, but...I haven't been in this thread for a long time. I'm not sure how long, but if I had to guess I'd say at least two years since I was last here. Probably more.

And it's still the same conversation "We're making changes to address the problem!"

I hate to say it but, it sounds like changes were made. Didn't help.

A company is only as good as its current practices. You can't just state that because there happens to be a history of them previously delivering products to their customers, that they should not be judged as harshly as they are in this thread. Especially when people have been giving them the benefit of the doubt for years.

The fact of the matter is that Anovos is not transparent, constantly screws over customers and is doing nothing to acknowledge the aforementioned (let alone correct it). If they can put effort into marketing, they most certainly can reach out to customers who are still waiting. Even if it's just with actual concrete info about why their orders have not shipped or why a refund is taking so much longer than it should. They choose not to. They absolutely do not care.

I get what you're saying, but that hopefulness is just naive. And in no retail situation would this even be remotely acceptable.

I am looking at current practices. I know you had issues with your Mando helmet, but overall the new processes for manufacturing and delivering the Mando helmet went much better than products like the Luke x-wing pilot helmet, Merrick x-wing pilot helmet, Red Leader x-wing pilot helmet, Gold Leader x-wing pilot helmet, FO Flametrooper helmet, FO Snowtrooper helmet, Sabine Wren helmets, Praetorian Guard helmet, and Imperial Patrol Trooper helmet which still haven't been delivered. Anovos used the new processes to produce and deliver the Royal Guard helmet.

They have created a manufacturing facility in Texas. That is a change from almost totally relying on overseas manufacturing.

They have stopped taking preorders for Star Wars items. They used to keep adding new items for preorder even though a long list of previous preorders were well past their estimated delivery date. Customers don't get as upset about a product being delayed if they haven't already paid for it. The new batch of Shoretrooper helmets will be sold based on an Interest List, not a preorder.

Creating a new manufacturing facility, changing how products are ordered, and delivering a product within months are significant changes to how they used to operate.

The communication should be way better, especially when there is this much concern from the customers.

They let the backlog get way too big before they took action. It will take a long time to get those products delivered, if they ever are.

I'm not being naive. Some choose to only look at the negatives. I am looking at the negatives and the positives. The negatives are mostly related to the products in the backlog. Many will say there are no positives. Actually producing and shipping new products is positive compared to how things were a year ago. A year ago I was skeptical I would receive any of my outstanding preorders. Now I have received a few of them, but there are many more to go. I'm not saying everything is perfect or even close to that, just that it is progress.

The Mandalorian helmets were hardly a success when:
  • none of the initially promised target delivery dates were met
  • there were a very large number of people with issues
  • the product proved to be so inconsistent that Anovos adjusted and rewrote the product description several times in a few months to cover themselves from this fiasco
  • there were several completely different batches of the same product with different paint applications and finishes (so a completely inconsistent product that was nowhere near where it should have been for the price)

The fact that some people who ordered a Royal Guard helmet are now receiving them is great. What is not good about this is the fact that it is seemingly the people who ordered the "in stock" offerings who are receiving them rather than the people who pre-ordered some time ago. That is scummy and Anovos is effectively selling other people's orders.

The interest list functions the exact same way as a pre-order with maybe a potentially shorter wait (that is a hard maybe). Since once you pay (again, in full) you are still left waiting. This is how the Mando helmets were sold. I went from a 5-10 business day wait to close to 3 months. I can guarantee that there is no stock on Anovos' shelves. Once an interest spot converts, everything is 100% still up in the air in terms of whether or not you receive your product. I can only assume given how things are going that production for an item does not commence until a customer pays in full.

It's nice that they opened up a new production facility, but what funded that? Right now they are sitting on funds that are not theirs (at least not until they fulfill back orders). I think it's safe to assume that that facility was at least (mostly/partially) funded by money taken from these orders. You see this as reassurance, I see it as perhaps a company on its last legs sinking money into real estate assets. Making it harder to be liquidated in the event of a bankruptcy.

So sure, you can be positive, but anything was a step up from where they are overall as a company. So that really is not saying much at all.

Last edited:
Yea, we are four days away from the six month mark of waiting for the both "now shipping" and subsequently "in stock" Mando lid. Their late August update is blaming it on low availability of PETG and dyes or some BS. My most recent inquiry to Charlie has gone unanswered. So businesses as usual for them.
I know this has been said at least 200 times here and there's really no point in saying it again, but I'm going to say it again anyway just in case someone with 1/4 a brain over there accidentally reads it.

But THIS is the real problem most people have. I think most of us actually understand delays. Even multiple year where you have to completely restart. No one LIKES it, but we at least get it. The problem is the obvious lying. They've been caught just flat out lying so many times that it's impossible to believe anything anymore. And it understandably makes people crazy when someone who is holding multiple thousands of your dollars get caught lying about it. YOU CANNOT HAVE SUPPLY ISSUES WITH AN IN STOCK ITEM!!

Also strange is the first batch of Mandalorian helmets had seperate pieces for ears (2 top 2 lower) and the back vents. The helmets being shipped now are all 1 piece.

I was looking back at the last time i paid off the Kylo Ren Standard outfit from Force Awakens. That was back in mid 2017 lol
Still haven't gotten it with no future set date in site. Now Anovos is asking more then twice it's cost 3 years ago for new preorders.

So now that I called them out and said I'd be open to in-stock items instead of a refund I get crickets ... no response ... what flippin joke of a company.

Edit: fixed typo

Last edited:
I’d be curious to hear if anyone knows whether any of the recent “in-stock” helmets from the past couple weeks have shipped yet. Any of the several different ones (Rey, TFA stormtrooper, etc) that were offered shortly after the Royal Guards that we know people did receive.

Received the below in an email.

"After a three year hiatus, the ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS™ STORY Shoretrooper Helmet Accessory is returning to stock. We added a few improvements to this classic and it will be available to purchase in late September/Early October 2020. Prepare to be impressed!

Utilizing new PPG automotive paints and featuring custom weathering, it’s like being reacquainted with an old friend. The outer shell is still constructed of durable fiberglass and the interior remains fully lined for greater comfort and a fully finished appearance. The look is the same but the feel is better, and we know you will appreciate it as much as we do.

This updated ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS™ STORY Shoretrooper Helmet Accessory is 100% crafted in our facility in South Texas, USA."

Hopefully this paint is a better match than the first version.

I was hoping another product from the preorder backlog would be moved to the Texas facility, but apparently not.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Last edited:
Did you ask for store credit? They issued a gift card to me when I asked for store credit.
So its a bit more complicated. This a refund for a small defective belt that they failed to replace 2x but promised several times it was in a box ready to ship.. then they fessed up several months later and its been 2 years to get my refund. Charlie said he would give me store credit and give me a heavy discount on a item i found a few weeks back.. obviously in reason... but now that i exercised this option and selected an item i have had no response... so full of @#$%. Such a ******* joke this company...

Received the below in an email.

"After a three year hiatus, the ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS™ STORY Shoretrooper Helmet Accessory is returning to stock. We added a few improvements to this classic and it will be available to purchase in late September/Early October 2020. Prepare to be impressed!

Utilizing new PPG automotive paints and featuring custom weathering, it’s like being reacquainted with an old friend. The outer shell is still constructed of durable fiberglass and the interior remains fully lined for greater comfort and a fully finished appearance. The look is the same but the feel is better, and we know you will appreciate it as much as we do.

This updated ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS™ STORY Shoretrooper Helmet Accessory is 100% crafted in our facility in South Texas, USA."

Hopefully this paint is a better match than the first version.

I was hoping another product from the preorder backlog would be moved to the Texas facility, but apparently not.
I wonder how this fits in with the recent rumor about them losing the SW license.
If the rumors are true, do they have a set limit before they can't sell SW products anymore?
...do I really need to know?...

Wow they just blew you off?!! WAOW.
So far, no response for 2 weeks almost ... they have so few items in stock, and i don't want useless key chains or chachkies... so time is critical to me ... its just no response.... so disappointed... not surprised tho... im done with Anovos as soon as my money is out of there...

I wonder how this fits in with the recent rumor about them losing the SW license.
If the rumors are true, do they have a set limit before they can't sell SW products anymore?
...do I really need to know?...

We don't know the rumors are accurate. If they are accurate, we don't know when the license ends. The bigger question for many of us would be how the long list of unfulfilled preorders would be handled. We don't know what the situation is with those products. The people making the decisions on the license do.

There have been similar rumors previously. Obviously the rumors weren't accurate back then. Anovos has made changes to deliver new products in a timely manor. The backlog is the issue. It doesn't make sense to me that they would be allowed to keep the license when they were delivering very little to customers and the license would be taken away after they made changes and are delivering new products to customers.

Don't forget that Anovos has made more items than most customers are aware of. Examples are the 501st FO TK armor, FO TK suits for the Disney rides, life size statues of the FO TK, Death Trooper, and Sith Trooper. It appears Anovos OT TK items were used for hero suits during filming of the Mandalorian. Disney may be satisfied with Anovos's performance if Anovos was putting their priorities where Disney wanted them.

Last edited:
I would be done with aNOvos as soon as my money was out of there too...but its now been over a year since asking for one on my FOTK standard order, which..still has not seen light of day.

You would think in this day and age of electronic transfer and digital commerce that a refund could be issued well within thier own given time fram, but no. Blame corona Virus now? I suppose I could say such was a factor , but it wasnt a year ago, so...

If Anovos has reorganized itself to better meet its obligations (yes, obligations), why are they about to bump everything from this Quarter to the next quarter and resume that cycle?

There is no possible stance of "fairness" left in the treatment of this company and its owners that is not laughable.

Professionally or personally.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back