ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I know the GE products aren't widely available, but other than that aren't the products what you are asking for? They have a mixture of very expensive items and decent quality, more reasonably priced items.

I wish the products would be more widely available, but they are incentives to go to the parks. The GE items available at Target are described as Galaxy's Edge inspired. I'm not sure if any of those items are also sold at GE.

Ok, let me try this again because I don't think you are getting it.

First off, The Target items have nothing to do with products i the park. That's not what that marketing event is about. I've actually been posting information about it in the thread entitles Galaxy's Edge. Check it out if you are interested.

Next, I've already acknowledged that the items that Disney makes for GE should stay exclusive. I know some people are not happy about the exclusivity but I am fine with that.

Just because they sell and something at GE, doesn't mean they can manufacture a similar but different item. For instance: GE has a bag of chance cubes. I believe there are game instructions. Those are fine. But I am talking offering one chance cube, maybe out of a better material and a little more accurate in size and detail. OR. GE sells the Jedi Gear kit. However those lean more towards toys although not bad prop replicas. So what not offer a little better version of a comlink and a holoprojector and macrobinoculars. Make them a little better, sell them separately, but make them in a way that you do can still sell them for $30, $40, or whatever.

Is that more clear?

Just because they sell and something at GE, doesn't mean they can manufacture a similar but different item. For instance: GE has a bag of chance cubes. I believe there are game instructions. Those are fine. But I am talking offering one chance cube, maybe out of a better material and a little more accurate in size and detail. OR. GE sells the Jedi Gear kit. However those lean more towards toys although not bad prop replicas. So what not offer a little better version of a comlink and a holoprojector and macrobinoculars. Make them a little better, sell them separately, but make them in a way that you do can still sell them for $30, $40, or whatever.

Where would these nicer versions be available? I doubt they would make nicer versions of things available outside the parks if the point of exclusive products is to attract people to the park. I don't think there is enough demand for those items to have two versions so close in price at the parks. They kind of do that with some items where there is a toy version and a nicer version. If they did that with more items, they would need to eliminate some items because they wouldn't have enough room in the stores.

Unless Disney would offer these nicer replicas outside the parks, this is not a good alternative to licensed replica prop/costume companies that sell on the web.

Where would these nicer versions be available? I doubt they would make nicer versions of things available outside the parks if the point of exclusive products is to attract people to the park. I don't think there is enough demand for those items to have two versions so close in price at the parks. They kind of do that with some items where there is a toy version and a nicer version. If they did that with more items, they would need to eliminate some items because they wouldn't have enough room in the stores.

Unless Disney would offer these nicer replicas outside the parks, this is not a good alternative to licensed replica prop/costume companies that sell on the web.

Can you do me a favor and please reread my last 6 posts in this thread? I feel like I was very clear about my ideas but you seem to keep asking questions about aspects I already addressed.

4cb7911e3b942a76a06f1d12864cf54e.gif

Sorry if this has been mentioned. I ordered the Rey Staff.. it isn't even listed on the site anymore
It's still on the Product Availability page. Maybe they will only do one run of it.

I know a few people have converted old, unfulfilled orders into credit to take advantage of in stock items and get out of this train wreck. If anyone here has done this, how quickly did they provide you with the store credit?

I got mine in a week. Even got an apology for it taking a week :)

My initial request went in on a Sunday...that could have factored into it being a bit slower, but still.

I know a few people have converted old, unfulfilled orders into credit to take advantage of in stock items and get out of this train wreck. If anyone here has done this, how quickly did they provide you with the store credit?
I have done it several times. Each time was within a few days.

They are pretty quick to convert to store credit. Getting a refund is a much different experience.

I got mine in a week. Even got an apology for it taking a week :)

My initial request went in on a Sunday...that could have factored into it being a bit slower, but still.

That is weird - getting an apology for a one week lapse in time with this place. Why bother? So weird.

Been following their "mystery helmet" crap over the holiday weekend.

I wonder if it comes with mystery delivery.

Sorry - couldn't resist. ;)

Oddly i haven't gotten sale emails in a long time.

Ive reached the point with my "refund" that Im willing to take an in-stock item. Its been 2 years and nothing. However, they have almost nothing in-stock that I want (dont need patches or eaglemoss ships, or desk chachkies) or more importantly that fit... and they had a run on items this weekend... so im down to 1 item in my size... waiting to hear back from the CS rep... and it'll likely be taken by the time they do anything...

Oh i also asked about not getting the SW license renewed and got a standard "what?!?, ive not heard that... our competition likes to spread rumors..." tho what competition is he talking about efx.. hasbro?

Oddly i haven't gotten sale emails in a long time.

Ive reached the point with my "refund" that Im willing to take an in-stock item. Its been 2 years and nothing. However, they have almost nothing in-stock that I want (dont need patches or eaglemoss ships, or desk chachkies) or more importantly that fit... and they had a run on items this weekend... so im down to 1 item in my size... waiting to hear back from the CS rep... and it'll likely be taken by the time they do anything...

Oh i also asked about not getting the SW license renewed and got a standard "what?!?, ive not heard that... our competition likes to spread rumors..." tho what competition is he talking about efx.. hasbro?

Thats just the CS rep deflecting with a "fake news" argument.

It must be tough to work for such a ****** company that you have to spend your days lying to customers as to when they'll get their already-paid-for stuff.

Cheers

Jez

Am I the only one pissed at all the spam I’m getting about BUY THIS! when I have 5 orders unfulfilled?!

No - and that is a great point of distinction. Not getting my product is not making me throw a fit or whatever. Yes, I am entitled to it because I paid but that has nothing to do with what sense of entitlement gets cultivated by the overnight services of Amazon, et al. I do not feel “entitled” in that sense at all - nor even interested much at this point.

What makes me all but violently furious is that we were and are actively duped and used. These guys never had the knowledge or experience to pull this off, proved it with rookie moves, have an offensive lack of self-awareness and still do, spit the kind of anger people spit who play the victim their whole lives, and fooled a parade of supportive friends to reassure us through our early suspicions in this process.

Yes, it is the way we are treated - including these emails you point out - far more than the product.

Anovos is an exercise in people pretending they mattered and aren’t invisible like they should be.

Last edited:
That is weird - getting an apology for a one week lapse in time with this place. Why bother? So weird.

Been following their "mystery helmet" crap over the holiday weekend.

I wonder if it comes with mystery delivery.

Sorry - couldn't resist. ;)

yeah, was hoping for a mando, but did see the RG...

Anovos was better at delivering products around TFA and R1 releases. Some TFA products haven't been delivered yet, but many have. They kept putting more preorders up, but the delivery of those products pretty much stopped.

Recently the products moved to the US have been much faster to ship.

It isn't like they have never delivered any products. Something changed in getting the overseas products produced. It appears they have been able to get new stock of previously shipped products (Rey x-wing helmet, TFA TK premier helmet, Poe x-wing helmet), but the new products have been a problem. There have been a few exceptions like the TLJ TK standard helmet and R1 Imperial Officer hat.

Anovos was better at delivering products around TFA and R1 releases. Some TFA products haven't been delivered yet, but many have. They kept putting more preorders up, but the delivery of those products pretty much stopped.

Recently the products moved to the US have been much faster to ship.

It isn't like they have never delivered any products. Something changed in getting the overseas products produced. It appears they have been able to get new stock of previously shipped products (Rey x-wing helmet, TFA TK premier helmet, Poe x-wing helmet), but the new products have been a problem. There have been a few exceptions like the TLJ TK standard helmet and R1 Imperial Officer hat.

We know all of this. Are you trying to introduce a measure of balance or calm? Though I might come across as confronting you, I am not. But there is no other side for purposes of fairness that we dont understand. There is nothing at all in their track record to reassure us. If a couple has five kids but only feeds three of them it is NOT better than feeding none of them: They are still failures.

All good. Again, I’m not upset with you or anything but I dont understand the seeming call for calm and reason: That ship has sailed, no?

Last edited:
Nothing they do makes any sense. For instance the reports of TLJ FO helmets showing up at retailers and on eBay, but the schedule showing them pushed back until Q4. I paid for mine the day the pre order went up, but a re-seller gets theirs first? 5 emails a day to sell Xsmall and XXlarge trek shirts, but not a single message for months and months as to why they have my $1200 dollars and have yet to deliver. I was attempting patience but the insulting reply I got from them,followed by radio silence, then covert changing of dates without announcements to the people waiting....rant rant useless rant. Screw them....

We know all of this. Are you trying to introduce a measure of balance or calm? Though I might come across as confronting you, I am not. But there is no other side for purposes of fairness that we dont understand. There is nothing at all in their track record to reassure us. If a couple has five kids but only feeds three of them it is NOT better than feeding none of them: They are still failures.

All good. Again, I’m not upset with you or anything but I dont understand the seeming call for calm and reason: That ship has sailed, no?

Not everyone knows the history. Some have only found out about Anovos recently to order the Mando helmet.

Someone reading many of the recent posts would think Anovos has almost no history of actually delivering products. Same for posts in forums about efx. Both of these companies had much better records in the past and have been able to deliver a few recent products. Both of them started to struggle with deliveries around the same time. I doubt that is a coincidence.

I don't see any point in adding more negative posts unless something unique happens to me. There are already plenty of posts with complaints many of us have including me. I post photos of recently delivered products so people can get an idea of what the actual product looks like and show there is some activity. I acknowledge that there is a huge backlog to be filled, however that doesn't mean that no products are being delivered. This is a very different situation than a fan vendor who only sells a few products no longer communicating or shipping any products. There is activity at Anovos. Not as much as we would like from the huge backlog, but there is some.

There isn't much any of us can do about the long delay, but we can choose how we react to it. Many choose to be completely negative because their products have not been delivered. No other deliveries matter to them. Before the Mando helmet was put up for sale and delivered in a pretty reasonable amount of time, I was more pessimistic too. Now I am seeing signs of progress on a few products. I choose to be hopeful that the long delayed products will start trickling through. I don't expect all of the products shown for Q3 and Q4 to be delivered in those timeframes, but hopefully some will.

For anyone that is positive they will never receive their product it would be best to cancel the order for store credit and order something in stock even if it isn't an item they want. Sell the item and get some money back. That is better than losing all of the money. I wouldn't count on Disney refunding all of the money if Anovos fails. Anyone that doesn't feel a need to cancel their orders and get what money they can must have some hope of actually receiving the product from Anovos.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back