ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I wouldn't call waiting a week or two before escalating to the credit card company enabling. It's giving them a chance to try to make the situation right. If someone gets aggressive with you quickly, are you more or less likely to want to help them?
You are reasoning as though Anovos is an individual, whose feelings might be hurt. They are not...they're a business. So no. I 100% disagree. As a business you either assist someone or you don't. You don't assist someone less because they were "aggressive" in their response to your faulty product and lack of service.

Me going to AMEX did not prevent them from making things right. Claims can be dropped and I would have, had there been a resolution. They chose not to out of spite or because they didn't care. They could have reached out over the last 4 weeks to see if a resolution could be found on a more amicable basis. They explicitly chose not to.

But let's say I waited, do you honestly think it would have just been a 2 week ordeal??? Or would it be closer to the scenario below?
  1. "We are investigating this." At least 1 -2 weeks go by. 90 days have passed since the date of purchase, purchase is no longer protected by AMEX.
  2. "We need better pictures"
  3. Send better pictures
  4. Another 2 weeks go by. "Oh no, that looks like normal paint variation." *changes production description* "See the website, it states that that can occur very clearly."
  5. Write rebuttal and send even better pictures
  6. Two weeks later. "You'll have to send us your helmet."
  7. Send the helmet back, pay for shipping. Wait another 4 weeks for to that to be processed.
  8. "We received the helmet which looks normal to us. But we will be sending you a new helmet as soon as it is manufactured, we are currently out of stock. It's either that iyou can take store credit."
  9. A month goes by. "A shipping label has been created but due to COVID-19 we are having issues shipping."
  10. Maybe 3 months later receive a helmet.
The above seems very likely, but I know it's a hypothetical scenario. But to be frank Anovos gives me no reason to assume the opposite. So I am just not going to play that game with them and risk not being covered by AMEX to be out of $700.

Again, this item was in stock. I don't think you understand that plenty of patience has been shown.

Looks like we'll never agree on this, but I'm sure many others will see my point. Let's just agree to disagree, I guess.

Last edited:
That would have been exactly what would have happened as it has happened time and time again with different members here.

You will never get The Anogos apologist to admit it though!:D

I wonder if Charlie has a sock puppet on here

For him to come on here and criticize the steps you took to protect yourself and get restitution Is rediculous and is an insult to all Members here who are owed money or Product by this company

You are reasoning as though Anovos is an individual, whose feelings might be hurt. They are not...they're a business. So no. I 100% disagree. As a business you either assist someone or you don't. You don't assist someone less because they were "aggressive" in their response to your faulty product and lack of service.

Me going to AMEX did not prevent them from making things right. Claims can be dropped and I would have, had there been a resolution. They chose not to out of spite or because they didn't care. They could have reached out over the last 4 weeks to see if a resolution could be found on a more amicable basis. They explicitly chose not to.

But let's say I waited, do you honestly think it would have just been a 2 week ordeal??? Or would it be closer to the scenario below?
  1. "We are investigating this." At least 1 -2 weeks go by. 90 days have passed since the date of purchase, purchase is no longer protected by AMEX.
  2. "We need better pictures"
  3. Send better pictures
  4. Another 2 weeks go by. "Oh no, that looks like normal paint variation." *changes production description* "See the website, it states that that can occur very clearly."
  5. Write rebuttal and send even better pictures
  6. Two weeks later. "You'll have to send us your helmet."
  7. Send the helmet back, pay for shipping. Wait another 4 weeks for to that to be processed.
  8. "We received the helmet which looks normal to us. But we will be sending you a new helmet as soon as it is manufactured, we are currently out of stock. It's either that iyou can take store credit."
  9. A month goes by. "A shipping label has been created but due to COVID-19 we are having issues shipping."
  10. Maybe 3 months later receive a helmet.
The above seems very likely, but I know it's a hypothetical scenario. But to be frank Anovos gives me no reason to assume the opposite. So I am just not going to play that game with them and risk not being covered by AMEX to be out of $700.

Again, this item was in stock. I don't think you understand that plenty of patience has been shown.

Looks like we'll never agree on this, but I'm sure many others will see my point. Let's just agree to disagree, I guess.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call waiting a week or two before escalating to the credit card company enabling. It's giving them a chance to try to make the situation right. If someone gets aggressive with you quickly, are you more or less likely to want to help them?
So I have in my past and do tell people to use both fronts at the same time or within 48h... because of my very negative experiences with Anovos. They have blatantly misled me, and the ridiculous response i get from them... 2 years for a refund ... and still waiting. The reason i tell them to do this is to cover their butts... as soon as you tell your CC or bank you have a legal time stamp... plus you can ask them what you should do...

I find it very odd that the only time i actual got actions done by Anovos was when I used the CC or bank to chargeback...

Its sad, but its my experience both times...

I waited to long for my refund issue and im stuck waiting... luckily its only ~$300...

The key for me is I am always polite with my interactions... i use the any tools at my disposal but politely...

I wonder if Charlie has a sock puppet on here

C28CC34F-4856-4F67-A9F3-CADD667B1927-9713-0000053052C1FED9.JPG

I know they have a backlog of things announced that they have never and will probably never make and I was also aware, after a few years of waiting, they had cancelled the TNG things. I just wasn't happy about it at the time but now think it was a blessing in disguise.
Did they ever make the Star Lord jackets they took pre-orders on some time ago?
I've never seen one in the wild or for sale on e-Bay.

Cheers
Steven

Whether a customer is mean and loud or wine and roses, Anovos has an obligation to deliver based on the contract of transaction.

Being "more" or "less" likely willing to help out opens a door to the idea that Anovos either considers or gets to consider their "feelings" in dealing with a customer and that is off the table completely.

Anovos operates/ vacillates between delusion and fear only anyway.

They definitely did not get enough time to do so because Charlie's initial response to my helmet arriving in the shape it did was: "I'll start an investigation." No apology either.

At that point I had already waited 10 weeks as opposed to 5 to 10 business days, and I was not going to wait a moment longer.

So yes, I purposely did not want to deal with them anymore and went straight to AMEX. I do not feel like they can be trusted plus I have better things to do then to wait for Anovos to get their stuff together. Anovos had their chance.

I should also note that they haven't even responded to AMEX, so I am 100% confident it would have been no different for me. It would have just been more emails with countless runarounds. Them having me send the helmet back to not have anything, and then having to wait an eternity to get a new one...or nothing at all.

Lastly, as lackadaisical as they are in their customer service, they seem to be super on the ball when it comes to updating their product information based on customer complaints - in order to protect themselves. So Anovos have their priorities set, and it's definitely not their customers.

I would advise anyone to do exactly what I did if they were/are in the same situation.

How long should a company (not just Anovos) get in this situation. If you get that complaint and you can't come up a remotely satisfactory answer or status report, in a matter of a few days, the problem is on the company not the person asking for a refund/replacement. Anovos doesn't get extra time because we know from experience they let things linger 6-12 months or longer.

It's not enabling, but at the same time, do you REALLY think they've spent the interim time with someone dedicated to looking into this matter? No. No one's been spending 8 hours a day since he sent the issue in investigating. It got move on to someone's to do list and has been sitting there untouched i'd wager. If I order something - anything - from say, Amazon (mail order to mail order here), and it comes in the wrong size or defective, the situation is resolved in a matter of hours (sometimes minutes).

Anovos being glacial in these respects does not give them the right to be glacial. Sure, amazon has money to burn and anovos has next to none. Doesn't give you the right to be glacial and ignore customer's requests. There's absolutely NOTHING in the history here to remotely think they're going to get back to him within even a month. The policy seems to be ignore it and hope it goes away.

As he said, if they expect you to fulfill your end inside of 24 hours, why can't they be expected to fulfill there's inside a few days?

That’s a shame... any chance they’ll exchange it for ya?
We will see. I reached out almost immediately, but I'm not going to hold my breath. The other day when I was on their site, it was randomly instock for $725. I purchased it, later that night they sent out an email saying "limited instock" and then jacked up the price to $800 that same day and shortly after it was sold out. Super shady.

We will see. I reached out almost immediately, but I'm not going to hold my breath. The other day when I was on their site, it was randomly instock for $725. I purchased it, later that night they sent out an email saying "limited instock" and then jacked up the price to $800 that same day and shortly after it was sold out. Super shady.
...now I'm wondering if this was previously sold to someone else, then returned, to be resold (at a cheaper price).

...now I'm wondering if this was previously sold to someone else, then returned, to be resold (at a cheaper price).
I was between that or the idea that it’s been sitting somewhere for like 3 years. Condition was great (other than the gouge)... also received a FO Tie Fighter pilot that I had ordered the day prior or so (also randomly “in stock” on sale and I used the Father’s Day code. It arrived in good shape but very dusty inside the box. Maybe I’m going crazy but their policy page has been all sorts of revamped from my recollection and it even notes almost every page has been updated within the last few days. Another coincidence...

It seems that instead of answering/helping their customers, whoever is working at Anovos is hard at work making sure that their terms and services & policies cover their own butts. More so than focusing on getting quality out the door in a timely fashion.

Should say enough. Shady.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back