ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

The learning curve I mentioned was just in regards to the new Texas facility, not all of the overseas manufacturing. The overseas manufacturing has been going on for a long time. There are other issues with those products.

With a few exceptions, anyone waiting for an Anovos product to complete a costume probably should look for alternatives. I ordered a Premier Trooper Neck Seal on June 21st, 2020. It arrived on June 25th, 2020.

Oh I know - I meant the learning curve years ago.

Hi guys, I just wanted to update my Mando helmet situation. So AMEX has actually issued a full refund and the dispute is closed. They have not heard anything from Anovos since I filed the dispute.

Sucks that AMEX ultimately is the one who got the burden of reimbursement. But they assured me they will be pursuing actions on their end to get the money back.

So just a head's up. If you used AMEX, they will help you!

Glad to hear this, hopefully Amex will school Charlie on “Real” customer service

Hi guys, I just wanted to update my Mando helmet situation. So AMEX has actually issued a full refund and the dispute is closed. They have not heard anything from Anovos since I filed the dispute.

Sucks that AMEX ultimately is the one who got the burden of reimbursement. But they assured me they will be pursuing actions on their end to get the money back.

So just a head's up. If you used AMEX, they will help you!

I know Anovos has a bad track record of customer service, but in this case how much of a chance did they have to respond? It sounded like RSutter didn't give them much of a chance to do anything. Based on the posts, it looks like the Amex claim was filed the next day after the unboxing. Did the Amex response take longer than RSutter allowed Anovos before filing the complaint with Amex?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Anovos wouldn't respond in a satisfactory way, but I suspect they didn't have a reasonable opportunity to do so.

I know Anovos has a bad track record of customer service, but in this case how much of a chance did they have to respond? It sounded like RSutter didn't give them much of a chance to do anything. Based on the posts, it looks like the Amex claim was filed the next day after the unboxing. Did the Amex response take longer than RSutter allowed Anovos before filing the complaint with Amex?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Anovos wouldn't respond in a satisfactory way, but I suspect they didn't have a reasonable opportunity to do so.
They definitely did not get enough time to do so because Charlie's initial response to my helmet arriving in the shape it did was: "I'll start an investigation." No apology either.

At that point I had already waited 10 weeks as opposed to 5 to 10 business days, and I was not going to wait a moment longer.

So yes, I purposely did not want to deal with them anymore and went straight to AMEX. I do not feel like they can be trusted plus I have better things to do then to wait for Anovos to get their stuff together. Anovos had their chance.

I should also note that they haven't even responded to AMEX, so I am 100% confident it would have been no different for me. It would have just been more emails with countless runarounds. Them having me send the helmet back to not have anything, and then having to wait an eternity to get a new one...or nothing at all.

Lastly, as lackadaisical as they are in their customer service, they seem to be super on the ball when it comes to updating their product information based on customer complaints - in order to protect themselves. So Anovos have their priorities set, and it's definitely not their customers.

I would advise anyone to do exactly what I did if they were/are in the same situation.

Last edited:
Nonsense! :rolleyes:

RSutter beat them to the punch and got his money back, he knew exactly what was going to happen,

Charlie would have launched an “INVESTIGATION” into this which in all likelihood would have ended when the window to get his money back with Amex would have closed and then Anogos would have offered him store credit.

Sorry Charlie go tell that to some other sucker!

Way to go RSutter!! (y)

I should also note that they haven't even responded to AMEX, so I am 100% confident it would have been no different for me. It would have just been more emails with countless runarounds. Them having me send the helmet back to not have anything, and then having to wait an eternity to get a new one...or nothing at all.

Yes the email from Anovos should have had an apology.

How long do you think you have to file a claim? I'm pretty sure you could have waited more than 1 day. A week or two would be reasonable.

I hope this response doesn't become a trend. Giving full refunds any time a customer isn't totally happy could lead to serious problems for licensed prop/costume companies.

I, nor I am sure, RSutter , or actually quite a few members here , care what you , the Anogos apologist, think is a reasonable time.

For you to even post such nonsense is laughable at best.

How long do you think you have to file a claim? I'm pretty sure you could have waited more than 1 day. A week or two would be reasonable.

I hope this response doesn't become a trend. Giving full refunds any time a customer isn't totally happy could lead to serious problems for licensed prop/costume companies.

I, nor I am sure, RSutter , or actually quite a few members here , care what you , the Anogos apologist, think is a reasonable time.

For you to even post such nonsense is laughable at best.
I don't care if you care about my posts. You are not the only other person reading the posts in this thread,

I wouldn't trust Anovos with a preorder like they used to do. I am willing to order in stock items or items handled like the Mando helmet where you pay close to when it will be made.

I wouldn't order at all from a company if I wasn't willing to give them a chance to correct an issue. One day is not giving them a chance.

Look, my claim was not issued with AMEX immediately. 48 hours had passed since I reported my faulty product, and the "investigation" email was what did it for me. That response is what raised my neck hairs.

I obviously have no issues with waiting, since again the original shipping time was 5-10 business days and I had waited at least 10 weeks (probably closer to 12 in hindsight). This was for their "in stock" helmet by the way. So not a pre-order.

A lot happened in those 12 weeks. I was told lies about when my item would ship. That they cannot see the status of my order exactly until it's ready to go out of the door, etc. So that was a pretty troubled and much longer than stated wait. I should note that during my wait I even emailed them and raised concerns about the production inconsistencies I had seen in their Mando helmets.

And the moment I see that sort of behavior continue AFTER I receive a faulty product... I am sorry, I need to be safe and protect myself. Especially when you see how Anovos has been screwing other people over for years (I did not find this out until after I had placed my order by the way).

So to answer your question, would I have waited for their response? Yes, had it been any other company and had my prior experience not been the aforementioned.

Secondly, why order from them in the first place if I'm not willing to give them the chance to fix the situation? Well, for one I was not aware and secondly that order should have not been sent to me by them. Either way, their terrible service and reputation is their own doing as is the quality of what/when they send it to their customers.

Lastly, Anovos hasn't paid a damn thing. AMEX paid my refund. And you know what? More people should be doing this, since a company should be in trouble if it treats its customers the way Anovos has been doing.

I don't mind paying, I don't mind waiting. I have a pretty big collection and have props and costumes from companies and individual makers alike. Never, and I absolutely never, have I ever had a dispute with any of them.

Come to think of it, as a 16 year AMEX customer, I never even had a single dispute on any of my other transactions through that card either. That is for ALL of my purchases, not just props.

But at a certain point patience runs out and if your customer loses faith because of your actions as a company, I think that a reaction like this is to be expected. Nothing what I did was abnormal. I would state the opposite. That anyone willing to wait even longer after all of the things stated previously, is definitely not in their right mind. Anovos has a privilege to work with a popular license, but it's their duty to deliver to their customers. If they treat their customers like garbage and consistently do not provide the services that they have no issues charging people top dollar for, then they should get in trouble. You make it sound like I'm selling them short when in reality they are doing that themselves...big time. Not just to me, not just a few either, but many, many people.

One last thing, actually. Nothing prevented Anovos from still reaching out to me after my claim with AMEX was filed. Charlie's last response to me was that he'd be working with my card company (in a way that was meant to sound like "instead of trying their best for me directly").

I can assure you that I would have definitely been the last person to turn down a replacement. Had they just apologized and sent one, I would have definitely dropped my claim. But the sheer fact that there was never a reply after that and I even emailed twice in the mean time to see if they were having any issues working things out with AMEX...speaks volumes. Again, not even AMEX has heard back from them.

So no this is not on me.
This is all Anovos.

Last edited:
Whether it's 48 hours of wait time or 48 days or 48 weeks, we all know that Anovos, at this time, would not have responded or investigated or taken any action to remedy this. No debate about it.

Those of us who are still waiting for our fully-paid merchandise (I'm going on 1100 - one thousand one hundred - days for one of the helmets) are well passed any form of patience, understanding or reasoning.

I totally agree Anovos has terrible customer service and an incredibly bad record of delivering products on time.

I'm not saying that RSutter shouldn't have requested action. The timing is the only issue I have. 48 hours isn't much time to actually resolve the issue. I agree the communication wasn't what it should have been. They should have offered a replacement or partial refund if enough evidence of defects was provided. Defects in finishing and weathering are harder to prove than other defects like cracks that shouldn't be there.

As consumers we want the sellers to do whatever it takes to make us happy. Unfortunately some businesses can accept returns for pretty much any reason and others can't survive if they do that. I can understand a company not wanting to continually replace items or issue refunds because weathering doesn't meet the expectations of the buyer. Defects are different, but are hard to prove.

I totally agree Anovos has terrible customer service and an incredibly bad record of delivering products on time.

I'm not saying that RSutter shouldn't have requested action. The timing is the only issue I have. 48 hours isn't much time to actually resolve the issue. I agree the communication wasn't what it should have been. They should have offered a replacement or partial refund if enough evidence of defects was provided. Defects in finishing and weathering are harder to prove than other defects like cracks that shouldn't be there.

As consumers we want the sellers to do whatever it takes to make us happy. Unfortunately some businesses can accept returns for pretty much any reason and others can't survive if they do that. I can understand a company not wanting to continually replace items or issue refunds because weathering doesn't meet the expectations of the buyer. Defects are different, but are hard to prove.
As stated in the above, Anovos has had ample time to resolve the matter since the claim has been filed. But they have not responded at all. At this point it has been 4 weeks or so since I reached out to them about the issue.

Again, that is with AMEX breathing down their necks. Why would you assume it would be different had I not gone through AMEX?

I'm sorry, but again at a certain point patience wears thin. I did provide them with ample evidence of the finish being faulty. The orange peel alone should warrant a replacement. Which can easily be seen in the imagery provided to Anovos. So Anovos had all they needed.

Lastly, 48 hours is definitely enough time. At the very least to throw options at a customer or make them aware of the possible scenarios.

Especially if they expect their customers to pay an item in full within 24 hours of a waitlist spot converting. Not handling matters with the same expediency on their end when demanding such a quick turnaround themselves is a bit of a double standard. No?

Last edited:
As stated in the above, Anovos has had ample time to resolve the matter since the claim has been filed. But they have not responded at all. At this point it has been 4 weeks or so since I reached out to them about the issue.

Again, that is with AMEX breathing down their necks. Why would you assume it would be different had I not gone through AMEX?

I'm sorry, but again at a certain point patience wears thin. I did provide them with ample evidence of the finish being faulty. The orange peel alone should warrant a replacement. Which can easily be seen in the imagery provided to Anovos. So Anovos had all they needed.

Lastly, 48 hours is definitely enough time. At the very least to throw options at a customer or make them aware of the possible scenarios.

Especially if they expect their customers to pay an item in full within 24 hours of a waitlist spot converting. Not handling matters with the same expediency on their end when demanding such a quick turnaround themselves is a bit of a double standard. No?
I'm not assuming Anovos would have responded differently given more time. It's possible they would have argued or delayed. Defective finish on a helmet is a subjective opinion. I'm not saying your opinion on the finish was wrong, but others could argue that wasn't a defect. It sounds like they didn't make that claim. I'm not sure they made any statement trying to resolve the issue or decline the request. I believe some people have been able to exchange items for a different size, so it isn't like they don't respond at all. I haven't heard of anyone exchanging a defective helmet, so I don't know if they have a track record for that situation.

For those of us that have still not received items ordered years ago, waiting a few months doesn't seem like a ridiculous wait. Even though yours arrived later than expected, it was much quicker than the vast majority of their products. We are used to glacier speeds from Anovos. It isn't like ordering from Amazon.

I'm not assuming Anovos would have responded differently given more time. It's possible they would have argued or delayed. Defective finish on a helmet is a subjective opinion. I'm not saying your opinion on the finish was wrong, but others could argue that wasn't a defect. It sounds like they didn't make that claim. I'm not sure they made any statement trying to resolve the issue or decline the request. I believe some people have been able to exchange items for a different size, so it isn't like they don't respond at all. I haven't heard of anyone exchanging a defective helmet, so I don't know if they have a track record for that situation.

For those of us that have still not received items ordered years ago, waiting a few months doesn't seem like a ridiculous wait. Even though yours arrived later than expected, it was much quicker than the vast majority of their products. We are used to glacier speeds from Anovos. It isn't like ordering from Amazon.
The point is that by not acting against this type of behavior, it will continue to happen. Which honestly is not right. People shouldn't have to wait ridiculous amounts of time beyond what was originally stated. And if they do, they definitely shouldn't be receiving faulty products.

It's great that a few months don't seem like much to you, but again I was not aware of Anovos' history and how long people had been waiting when I placed the order. So to jump from 5-10 days to 3 months is ridiculous. If I'm honest, I probably wouldn't have even placed the order knowing what I know now.

That helmet's whole paint job is defective not just the finish, no ifs and/or buts about it. It's not a surface application variation or artist's touch when there are fingerprints in the paint under the clear coat - that is a clear defect. It is definitely a defect if there's orange peel because they painted layers too quickly...

So if anything it sounds like you'd rather I waited longer just because you decided to? Cause other than that you seem to agree Anovos is in the wrong.

But you are in a sense enabling them by just waiting. Don't fault me for refusing to take that risk or chance. If you'd rather wait, fine. But I was not in the wrong for doing what I did. You wait, that's your prerogative.

If they are a company selling high end collectibles at high end prices, and are charging for "handling" that implies high end service also. You are paying for that. And if my transaction literally fell short in all of those areas, I feel that I handled things very appropriately.

Last edited:
The point is that by not acting against this type of behavior, it will continue to happen. Which honestly is not right. People shouldn't have to wait ridiculous amounts of time beyond what was originally stated. And if they do, they definitely shouldn't be receiving faulty products.

It's great that a few months don't seem like much to you, but again I was not aware of Anovos' history and how long people had been waiting when I placed the order. So to jump from 5-10 days to 3 months is ridiculous. If I'm honest, I probably wouldn't have even placed the order knowing what I know now.

That helmet's whole paint job is defective not just the finish, no ifs and/or buts about it. It's not a surface application variation or artist's touch when there are fingerprints in the paint under the clear coat - that is a clear defect. It is definitely a defect if there's orange peel because they painted layers too quickly...

So if anything it sounds like you'd rather I waited longer just because you decided to? Cause other than that you seem to agree Anovos is in the wrong.

But you are in a sense enabling them by just waiting. Don't fault me for refusing to take that risk or chance. If you'd rather wait, fine. But I was not in the wrong for doing what I did. You wait, that's your prerogative.

If they are a company selling high end collectibles at high end prices, and are charging for "handling" that implies high end service also. You are paying for that. And if my transaction literally fell short in all of those areas, I feel that I handled things very appropriately.
I wouldn't call waiting a week or two before escalating to the credit card company enabling. It's giving them a chance to try to make the situation right. If someone gets aggressive with you quickly, are you more or less likely to want to help them?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back