ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Odd. That just prompted me to go check mine. All three of my pre-orders are still there in my account summary, all three links work, all three pages are there. Which version of the FOTK did you go with?
The cheapest one. Could have been an error but I clicked it more than once to be sure. My other order of the helmet still went to that page.

Was asked a few months ago by Anovos about my shipping address for a Han Solo leather jacket. Heard nothing else and then last week I happened to check the website which said they were in stock. Fired off an email asking about the status of the jacket and less than 24 hours later I had a DHL shipping notice! It is now on its way to Hong Kong. Sure hope I have the right size, as I'm not sure about shipping it back! I'm fairly confident though!

Received this email from BBTS today. They apparently have their stock in-hand and are starting to fill the preorders for the Mando helmet. My payment was processed shortly thereafter.

Sean

View attachment 1300787
Their site says pre-order to arrive second quarter 2020... Do you think that's to be another wave or part of what's showing up now and they just left it as pre-order in case they don't get enough in stock?

Cheers
Steven

just chiming in, has anyone attempted or has made payment, via a bank check or money order, sent via US Mail? If so, well, see what mail fraud can do.

Because your sending it through the US Mail. It used to be, I have no idea if it still is. that if a transaction was conducted through the mail and one party was not completely honest or defrauded the other party they could be charged with mail fraud.

Because your sending it through the US Mail. It used to be, I have no idea if it still is. that if a transaction was conducted through the mail and one party was not completely honest or defrauded the other party they could be charged with mail fraud.
Well then Activision owes me $9.95 for a ghostbuster patch and fan club magazine that i sent in when i was little .... from a C64 game....

Cool idea tho

Happy to report an arrival today, three years, two months and nine days after ordering. Very happy with the jacket. I requested a change long ago and went down from 2XL to XL owing to concerns about sizing and just as well I did, as XL is great on my 44-inch chest. Length is good considering I'm only 5 foot 2 inches! Has a lovely leather smell too.

At time of ordering I had a 10 per cent off Anovos coupon which brought the jacket down to US$450. I know it's at US$800 now, but I'm not sure I would justify that higher price in today's world.

I also have a version produced by Danny Lopuz a few years ago. Both are individual and both are fantastic. The Anovos has the more direct lineage, of course, so it looks great (to my eye). The leather has a nice grain and may take some wearing in to lose some of its stiffness and it looks tough. Won't be rolling in the dirt wearing it though.

I'm no tailor but the cut and sizing of the two jackets is almost identical. The leather of Danny's jacket (also XL) is perhaps a little too supple, but it drapes nicely and the cotton lining, though making it harder to get your arms in an out of the sleeves, can help on cooler days. The Anovos has satin sleeves so no problems there. We're coming up on summer here in Hong Kong, so won't be able to wear this properly until winter, but I love it so far.

I enclose a picture of the jackets side by side. Because of the lighting the Anovos (right) has a green tint. In reality, it's a medium brown and lightly weathered. No weathering on the Lopuz jacket though which has a very red/brown colouring.

IMG_1029.JPEG

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back