ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Thought I'd give you guys an update on that order I placed for their "in stock" Mando helmet on 3/17.

The last 2 weeks have consisted of ANOVOS stating that a shipping label has been created but not being able to tell me when the item will actually get shipped. I asked them if their shipping is suspended or if it has been totally halted for the time being but I have received no reply. They also are refusing to give me the label # that they generated.

I emailed them yesterday stating that it's false advertising if they state that the item will be there in 10 business days (and yes quarantine protocol was already in effect at the time) and that I have now been waiting 25 business days. I will only wait 5 more business days and if my item is not physically in my possession by then I will ask my cc company to do a charge back.

We'll see how this goes.

So the new "hey, look, we're actually a good company!" product is now subject to the same silence and delays?!!!

Who could have seen that coming?

Just got this update about the court case. In my opinion this is bad because Disney and Lucasfilm have the funds to make us all whole. Now they have been dismissed from the case and only Anovos remains.

If I'm not mistaken this increases the chance that it will simply be shut down and we lose both our money and the products we will probably never get anyway:

Anovos Class Action Lawsuit Update

Case No.: 2:19-cv-04821-MWF-KS

First and foremost, we hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy during these challenging times. Thank you for your continued interest and support in our fight to hold Anovos accountable.

This update comes after overcoming and surviving Anovos’ multiple motions to dismiss and serves to inform you of the new stage of litigation we are in currently.

Court’s Order Granting in Part and Denying in Part Anovos’ Most Recent Motion to Dismiss

On December 9, 2019, Anovos and Disney Lucas Film filed their second motion to dismiss our complaint. Our office vehemently opposed this motion through a written opposition and argued against the dismissal in court on January 27, 2020. The Court took our arguments and briefing under submission and on March 31, 2020 provided a decision.

According to the Judge’s March 31, 2020 decision, the Court was not persuaded by Anovos’ various arguments justifying their estimated shipping dates. However, the Court did not find there was enough evidence confirming Disney LucasFilm’s knowledge and contribution to consumers’ harm. Therefore, Anovos and Disney LucasFilm’s motion was granted in part and denied in part: all of our claims against Anovos remain intact, but Disney LucasFilm has been dismissed from the action.

Yesterday, on April 27, 2020, Anovos filed an Answer to our Complaint, which means at least the procedural fight on the complaint is over, and we can move forward with our claims. The parties will spend the next months (COVID 19 circumstances permitting) gathering and exchanging information to prove and disprove one another’s positions.

Update re Refunds/Complaints

We are currently investigating Anovos' refunds policies. We believe that some of you indicated that you asked for a refund and have not received it in the past. If you'd like to provide us with an update (whether or not you received the refund), we would be happy to update it in our files, which will help in our investigation. Also if you filed any complaints with any agency regarding Anovos, please feel free to share them with us, as well as any outcome of such complaints/investigations.

Narrowed Classes

Lastly, we would like to remind you that at this time, our current complaint alleges a putative class action for the States of California, Florida, New York, and Washington only. Therefore, if we certify the classes as is, only residents of these four states are within our class action. We emphasize, however, this process is gradual and not guaranteed, and we have to be strategic about this as we go forward to do our absolute best and serve the interests of the current proposed class, and hopefully other classes in the future. We know that many of you are concerned with the action, and so are we. We hope that we will be able to vindicate your rights and achieve a positive outcome - however, nothing is guaranteed.

As always, we appreciate your understanding and hope you will still assist our lawsuit as a witness. Your input is invaluable. We will continue to keep you updated on the case’s progression. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please feel free to reach out to us by email or call us at (619) 233-7770 or email us at yana@kazlg.com.

Sincerely,

Evangeline Dech

Okay so after five years, I finally got my Solo jacket. It was too small. After two emails, that took two months to get replies to, they said I could exchange it. Then I never heard from them about it again. So when they had their sale back in March, the size I need was in stock. I figured I'd order it and then sell the smaller size. The damn thing still hasn't shipped. First Charlie told me it was a mistake and the was now allocated and should be out by the end of the week. The Corona happened. Multiple inquires have resulted in "shipping has been slowed down due to the number of workers allowed to work" to "nothing is shipping at all". Now I see another big sale and that Cassian's jacket is "getting ready to ship"

Just send me my jacket!!!!

You cant trust a thing that anyone who "works" at Anovos says in emails. I have a freind whos been waiting two years now for a refund. TWO Years. In this digital age that is absolutley unnessesary, which tells me this fraudulent company has no money to issue refunds. Another couple i know still after three years waiting has yet to recieve anything on their order (Star Trek) and I got tired of waiting after three years (going on tour) and demanded a refund over 35 weeks ago. "Charile says it can take 12 weeks. Why 12? And so the badgering continues.

You cant trust a thing that anyone who "works" at Anovos says in emails. I have a freind whos been waiting two years now for a refund. TWO Years. In this digital age that is absolutley unnessesary, which tells me this fraudulent company has no money to issue refunds. Another couple i know still after three years waiting has yet to recieve anything on their order (Star Trek) and I got tired of waiting after three years (going on tour) and demanded a refund over 35 weeks ago. "Charile says it can take 12 weeks. Why 12? And so the badgering continues.

Wow... and here I am only waiting a month and a half for a response regarding my refund.

So can we report these people to the police for fraud? I guess I'm too late to join the lawsuit, but I would like my $700 back for products that clearly will never arrive after waiting three years too.

Wow... and here I am only waiting a month and a half for a response regarding my refund.

So can we report these people to the police for fraud? I guess I'm too late to join the lawsuit, but I would like my $700 back for products that clearly will never arrive after waiting three years too.
Im also at 2yr wait for a refund that started as a promised "in the box ready to ship " replacement... to only find out oops we didn't have any... and now that its been a long haul my Bank won't do anything nor my CC company... but Anovos will ask would you like to get store credit for in stock item... which they have nothing I want.... so I sincerely wis you good luck and i advise you be polite, but dispense with the pleasantries... full on attack. Get your CC to do a charge back ASAP, file fraudulent sale claim, and email every day.

The current crisis could and probably is slowing production.

BUT, if production is slowed by this, shouldn't that leave more time to answer some of the people who have been waiting for years for refunds and/or updates? The continued same-old-same-old from them is pretty clear. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. We'll all be feeling deja vous when I write this same post next summer.

This was last years version (july):
I'm all for second chances. Sometimes third chances, but...I haven't been in this thread for a long time. I'm not sure how long, but if I had to guess I'd say at least two years since I was last here. Probably more.

And it's still the same conversation "We're making changes to address the problem!"

I hate to say it but, it sounds like changes were made. Didn't help.

I only buy from the "In stock section." All other sections just seem to be "Hold my money for a couple years, then if we're both still alive we can talk again!"

Been waiting for this since this time in 2018 or was it 2017?
This is the first time I have really had an really big issue after many orders. I was pretty scared to order from them when the Trooper suits first came out many years ago and they were pretty new then they were pretty solid after that for a while but the last couple years on the bigger stuff not reliable at all.

The current crisis could and probably is slowing production.

BUT, if production is slowed by this, shouldn't that leave more time to answer some of the people who have been waiting for years for refunds and/or updates? The continued same-old-same-old from them is pretty clear. Nothing has changed, nothing will change. We'll all be feeling deja vous when I write this same post next summer.

This was last years version (july):

Mm - something "off" here. How can this crisis slow down something that isn't even happening?!!! There was not some Anovos projuct up to speed and chugging along before Covid-19: The only thing that has changed is their attempt to hide behind something else.

Imagine the huge slobby guy in the stands drinking nacho cheese sauce: "Oh I could fill in for quarterback if my thumb wasn't sprained."

Thought I'd give you guys an update on that order I placed for their "in stock" Mando helmet on 3/17.

The last 2 weeks have consisted of ANOVOS stating that a shipping label has been created but not being able to tell me when the item will actually get shipped. I asked them if their shipping is suspended or if it has been totally halted for the time being but I have received no reply. They also are refusing to give me the label # that they generated.

I emailed them yesterday stating that it's false advertising if they state that the item will be there in 10 business days (and yes quarantine protocol was already in effect at the time) and that I have now been waiting 25 business days. I will only wait 5 more business days and if my item is not physically in my possession by then I will ask my cc company to do a charge back.

We'll see how this goes.

Any updates from them?

Hi there everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you have the contact information for ANOVOS. I bought the Mandalorian helmet as a present for someone and I was charged but my order status says it is unfulfilled and it so happens that there is not a single soul to reply to the e-mails I sent to support or to pick up their phone.

Any advice? ideas?

On a brighter note, I got an email from BBTS that they expect to be shipping my preorder for the Mandalorian helmet in the next few weeks. I hope that means they've got stock in hand and are just processing everyone's orders...

Sean

Awesome news about the Mando helmet!

I hope that BBTS still gets their X-Wing helmets but not holding my breath.

Hi there everyone,

I was just wondering if any of you have the contact information for ANOVOS. I bought the Mandalorian helmet as a present for someone and I was charged but my order status says it is unfulfilled and it so happens that there is not a single soul to reply to the e-mails I sent to support or to pick up their phone.

Any advice? ideas?

I was on the website yesterday and emailed about a gift card I had and a Linda got back to me in less than a minute. She was actually very helpful. I hadn’t dealt with Anovos in a few years and that was really surprising!

I ended up biting on the Spring sale because the Incinerator Trooper helmet was at a good discount and I had a gift card balance of $260 sitting since January of 2018 that was from a canceled order for the Executioner helmet that I bought after canceling my FO armor. Both of which have never seen the light of day yet..

Needless to say I’m just hoping to get something for that credit I’ve been sitting on for over 2 years

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back