ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Coronavirus is a very real impact on many businesses and people's lives. A business really being impacted by that is not taking advantage of people dying. This statement is really low.

Feel free to criticize Anovos for missing estimates time and time again. There is a very high chance they would have missed many of the estimates again this time regardless of the disruptions.

Many people's lives and livelihood's are being severely impacted. Delays in the delivery of expensive toys should not be a major concern at this time.

Hey, Griffaw! Don't get me wrong - we are very much on the same page. Let me restate...

This virus is awful and real. It is overwhelmingly impacting businesses and people through insurmountable anxiety and financial hardship. Beyond that, I fear that we will, in the end, lose people in ways that shock us. You, me, a younger friend or relative - that is what I am bracing for and it feels horrible. Everyone is going through it.

And great businesses will be ended by this, all for horrible reasons.

That said, for Anovos to bring up this virus and even get close to using it as an excuse is what would be low and offensive when other, respectable businesses are doing incredible things but for the impact of this pandemic.

We'll see - they are due for some kind of a statement, screwy or not.

You just know they're going to use it as an excuse. I'm not sure on what planet or in which dimension they actually believe they're going to ship out what? 20 different items? that are due to ship out this (or any) quarter and actually do so in a single quarter. They're shiipping dept is like 1 or 2 guys. There's no chance at all. None. zip. zilch. nada. Yet, their site would have you believe otherwise, one quarter at a time.

4 days from the end of the quarter and not a peep. Clearly it’s delivery in quarter 2 now......
-999x-999.gif

They sent this out yesterday:

"Dear Loyal Customer,

Our priority during this time of uncertainty is balancing your expectations with the well-being of our employees. To maintain this balance, we are making some adjustments to our operations.

US Facilities
We have temporarily reduced hours at our shipping facility in California in compliance with the statewide interpersonal distancing mandate. We are continuing to manufacture at our facility in Texas, but at a slower rate, due to statewide mandates. We are continuing to offer, manufacture, and ship all our licensed product, but we ask for your patience as we adhere to local and federal mandates pertaining to COVID-19.

Overseas Production
Our manufacturing partners in China have been heavily impacted by COVID-19, but have now been given governmental approval to re-open. Unfortunately, they are not at full capacity nor will they be in the near future. To minimize further delays, we are transferring many of our overseas product-lines to our manufacturing facility in Texas. This will help mitigate the substantial delay COVID-19 has caused.

As the impact of COVID-19 continues to develop, we will notify you of any additional changes, but we are optimistic the above changes to our operations will limit both its spread and impact on our business.

Thank you for your continued patience. Please, stay safe."

Looking in the Facebook group, they appear to be 1-2 weeks behind in shipping Mandalorian buckets, going by the time frames folks have been getting them in. (One member just got his after a delayed wait.) Mine is now almost 1 week outside their usual shipping window and their reps are looking into it.

They sent this out yesterday:

"Dear Loyal Customer,

Our priority during this time of uncertainty is balancing your expectations with the well-being of our employees. To maintain this balance, we are making some adjustments to our operations.

US Facilities
We have temporarily reduced hours at our shipping facility in California in compliance with the statewide interpersonal distancing mandate. We are continuing to manufacture at our facility in Texas, but at a slower rate, due to statewide mandates. We are continuing to offer, manufacture, and ship all our licensed product, but we ask for your patience as we adhere to local and federal mandates pertaining to COVID-19.

Overseas Production
Our manufacturing partners in China have been heavily impacted by COVID-19, but have now been given governmental approval to re-open. Unfortunately, they are not at full capacity nor will they be in the near future. To minimize further delays, we are transferring many of our overseas product-lines to our manufacturing facility in Texas. This will help mitigate the substantial delay COVID-19 has caused.

As the impact of COVID-19 continues to develop, we will notify you of any additional changes, but we are optimistic the above changes to our operations will limit both its spread and impact on our business.

Thank you for your continued patience. Please, stay safe."

Looking in the Facebook group, they appear to be 1-2 weeks behind in shipping Mandalorian buckets, going by the time frames folks have been getting them in. (One member just got his after a delayed wait.) Mine is now almost 1 week outside their usual shipping window and their reps are looking into it.
Thanks Joe. I have kept reading emails to a minimum while staying at home for the near term. So they have a facility in the great state of Texas...good to know.

stay safe everyone.

It was to be expected. The current conditions apply to everyone, so they’re not to blame for this.

However I have to admit that, based on their history of failures and miscommunications, I highly doubt this part of the statement: “To minimize further delays, we are transferring many of our overseas product-lines to our manufacturing facility in Texas.”

Right.

Look what I finally got on Thursday. I ordered this on the day of pre-order release and I am sure I am not the first to receive theirs. Whats that been over 2 years now. Still no word on my ATAT. Actually surprised it shipped with all the covid19 issues. I did quarantine it for over 24 hrs.

ast2.jpg

ast3.jpg

Look what I finally got on Thursday. I ordered this on the day of pre-order release and I am sure I am not the first to receive theirs. Whats that been over 2 years now. Still no word on my ATAT. Actually surprised it shipped with all the covid19 issues. I did quarantine it for over 24 hrs.

View attachment 1280502
View attachment 1280503

I’m pretty sure a lot of the “hard” pieces are being made in Texas now.

I would at least give them respect if they gave us updates before the quarter ended. But instead the 6th/7th/8th deadline THEY SET expires and we hear nothing. It's like a friend continuing to say they'll hang out with you but they never do. Eventually you realize they're toxic and you cut them out. Except in this case it's someone who owes you money.

View attachment 1280502
View attachment 1280503

That is very bad weathering and assembly!

Look at that right hand ear cup!

You are apparently unfamiliar with the assembly and weathering of the ANH Stormtrooper helmets...

The weathering looks like they took a paint pen and dotted the weathering on it. And out lined the crieveses. Unless that's how the original sand troopers were weathered?

You are apparently unfamiliar with the assembly and weathering of the ANH Stormtrooper helmets...

I took a quick look at the screen shots of sandtroopers and stand by what I have said about the weathering. It still looks bad imo. But there is a gap in the right hand ear cup, it's to exaggerated on the Anovos imo.

It's kind of a mixed bag between the sloppy assembly of ANH and the crappy weathering of the SE. Part of why I have little to no interest in re-creating screen-accurate pieces. The spray-painted "weathering" on the original ROTJ Scout Troopers is terrible to look at, and this looks like a page from that book. That helmet above would probably look good on screen, taking film grain, set lighting (or California sun), and distance into consideration...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back