ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Amy, did you hear about Jon? He's available again. He's just so beautiful. I have to be with him!

Donna, I did hear he's available. But he's available because he was beating his girlfriend up. She's in the hospital now, and apparently his past girlfriends have come forward now.

Amy, that's stupid. He's beautiful. There's NO way he did this. Even if he did, he can turn things around. I have to have him.

Donna, I heard he's so egocentric that he wouldn't return calls from people. He expects them to call, and he's so charming that people actually make the effort to do so. He won't even answer the phone. He lets them go to voicemail and makes them wait. Makes them eager and long for his attention. AND he gets them to pay HIS bills somehow.

Amy, I would do that and more for him. I love Jon, and there's nothing you can say to convince me otherwise. I'm sending him bail money right now. Though he hasn't responded to me about it, the money was accepted. He can change, and when he does, I will forgive his past because I will have what I want.

Amy, did you hear about Jon? He's available again. He's just so beautiful. I have to be with him!

Donna, I did hear he's available. But he's available because he was beating his girlfriend up. She's in the hospital now, and apparently his past girlfriends have come forward now.

Amy, that's stupid. He's beautiful. There's NO way he did this. Even if he did, he can turn things around. I have to have him.

Donna, I heard he's so egocentric that he wouldn't return calls from people. He expects them to call, and he's so charming that people actually make the effort to do so. He won't even answer the phone. He lets them go to voicemail and makes them wait. Makes them eager and long for his attention. AND he gets them to pay HIS bills somehow.

Amy, I would do that and more for him. I love Jon, and there's nothing you can say to convince me otherwise. I'm sending him bail money right now. Though he hasn't responded to me about it, the money was accepted. He can change, and when he does, I will forgive his past because I will have what I want.

Yes, Anovos sucks and until they can prove they can deliver on time every time nobody should send them any money in my opinion.

However, it is in pretty poor taste to compare an abusive domestic violence situation to not getting your costume props. (n)

Yes, Anovos sucks and until they can prove they can deliver on time every time nobody should send them any money in my opinion.

However, it is in pretty poor taste to compare an abusive domestic violence situation to not getting your costume props. (n)

LIghten up. It was no more in bad taste than watching a movie series where people's limbs get hacked off, an incredible number of people die, and then in real life, you go buy stuff to support people who make a living off those movies where so many people die for our entertainment, dress up, and pretend to be those killers.

In other words, my story is pretend. Much like the movies we so love.

I just got the no answer email from Anovos, in response to me asking about the product being sold at GE. That email had already been answered, rather snarky months ago. This response was more respectful, but was just links to the product calendar and FAQs, both of which, we know, aren’t worth the pixels displayed with. So frustrating hoping for real news to read that.

Hi all – long time lurker, first time poster and all that. I was finally compelled to post because like countless others, I have now been burned by ANOVOS. I had been waiting for my Kylo helmet for almost two years, no communication or response to emails. Well it finally showed up and...

I’m less than thrilled by the quality. Most of it is fine, but the painting in the areas I’ve indicated in the photo is just... lazy. Lazy squiggly lines, which are ugly and very inaccurate. I’m pissed and they obviously won’t do anything.

How can I remove that crappy paint job so I can redo it myself? I’ve tried Isopropyl alcohol, which didn’t touch the squiggly paint marks. It DID remove some of the more offensive splatter and specks, so I’m guessing those were acrylic and the squiggles are probably oil-based paint?

Any help / thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 9AEB2858-D965-412F-B842-38EB2653B5D7.jpeg
    9AEB2858-D965-412F-B842-38EB2653B5D7.jpeg
    710.3 KB · Views: 338
  • C0B634D0-D15E-4379-8CA3-65744C0A5FC3.jpeg
    C0B634D0-D15E-4379-8CA3-65744C0A5FC3.jpeg
    737.9 KB · Views: 344
  • 72625914-6ED4-4F3C-ADB6-34D405847044.jpeg
    72625914-6ED4-4F3C-ADB6-34D405847044.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 341
Hi all – long time lurker, first time poster and all that. I was finally compelled to post because like countless others, I have now been burned by ANOVOS. I had been waiting for my Kylo helmet for almost two years, no communication or response to emails. Well it finally showed up and...

I’m less than thrilled by the quality. Most of it is fine, but the painting in the areas I’ve indicated in the photo is just... lazy. Lazy squiggly lines, which are ugly and very inaccurate. I’m pissed and they obviously won’t do anything.

How can I remove that crappy paint job so I can redo it myself? I’ve tried Isopropyl alcohol, which didn’t touch the squiggly paint marks. It DID remove some of the more offensive splatter and specks, so I’m guessing those were acrylic and the squiggles are probably oil-based paint?

I might try one of those chrome pens people have been liking. I can’t remember the name, but I did see them at hobby lobby. Go over the problem areas and then re-weather. Or maybe just some model master metalizer of choice lightly sort of dry brush, feather to the edges and again re weather a less opaquely applied black.only hitting the problem area, not the whole thing.

I might try one of those chrome pens people have been liking. I can’t remember the name, but I did see them at hobby lobby. Go over the problem areas and then re-weather. Or maybe just some model master metalizer of choice lightly sort of dry brush, feather to the edges and again re weather a less opaquely applied black.only hitting the problem area, not the whole thing.

Troopertrent uses those chrome pens. He can probably point you in the right direction and give you some ideas

WAOW, that sucks!!! Wow... The helmet itself looks good but those squiggles are awfully lazy for sure. Isopropyl won't do much and, if it does, it might just turn something gummy. I would not do ANYTHING until you know how you are going to redo it.

Acetone will remove the paint but you really truly want to use that sparingly because, when it is done removing paint it will start to remove plastic.

You can also truly very carefully do some select sanding.

Wait until others chime in here. I'm sure there are folks skilled enough to do it for you but that is crazy lazy.

Wondering though - that might be straight up reproduction of the marks on the real helmet, the prop.

Anyone know?

Wondering though - that might be straight up reproduction of the marks on the real helmet, the prop.

Thanks for the info. It’s definitely not accurate to the prop. There is supposed to be black paint roughly in those areas, but nothing that looks like that.

That chrome is hard to get off. I recommend rubbing the black with a bit of paint thinner or acetone and it should rub right off

Thanks Davy. That was going to be the next thing I try. I was worried about removing the chrome, but it sounds like it’s pretty resilient. I’d obviously much rather remove the black paint instead of covering it with new chrome. I just don’t think that’d match.

Last edited:

The chrome is under a clear coat, you should be able to use a little lacquer thinner on a Q-Tip and take those horrible marks right off. Just keep it away from the black in between the chrome bands and you’ll be just fine.

The chrome is under a clear coat, you should be able to use a little lacquer thinner on a Q-Tip and take those horrible marks right off. Just keep it away from the black in between the chrome bands and you’ll be just fine.

Awesome, thank you. Excited to try this. All the other paint / weathering on the helmet looks great. It's so odd that those squiggles were then just thrown on.

It is accurate and all the Anovos helmets have been that way from the very beginning.
It has been discussed on a lot of other places and is just permanent marker over the chrome. Acetone and thinner should take it off no problem then you can just use black paint to be more accurate.

Your's is pretty bad as far as being sloppy but the permanent marker is nothing new. Mine that just arrived actually has it applied pretty good so I am not touching it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back