ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

This is not an attempt on my part to promote the company or its latest announcement, I just want to point out that it has a been a while since Big Bad Toy Store has offered anything new from them. This is perhaps a sign that, at least for this particular item, there's an effort to improve things. For BBTS to offer Anovos products again, I have to imagine that they've been given some assurances.

This is not an attempt on my part to promote the company or its latest announcement, I just want to point out that it has a been a while since Big Bad Toy Store has offered anything new from them. This is perhaps a sign that, at least for this particular item, there's an effort to improve things. For BBTS to offer Anovos products again, I have to imagine that they've been given some assurances.

That is interesting....

If Anovos comes through its a step in the right direction. I won't say it will heal all the "wounds" and sour feeling by all but it would be a good start.

I hope they can come through.

That's interesting. I wonder - if Disney has stepped in to some degree then might that not amount to an admission re: how screwed up things are?

Either way, many of us have been given many kinds of assurances from aNOgos. I wonder what kind of elevated form of assurance this must be for BBTS to opt back into business with them.

This is something I would have purchased, all things being equal.

What gets me is they are offering a new product and saying it is going to be shipping very soon but are not saying a thing about products that people have been waiting years for and as usual there are people already jumping on the band wagon wanting to order it. I don't care how great this helmet is and that it might actually ship on time I'm still not going to do any business with them directly. If I really want one of their products I will get it on the secondary market or not at all.

I think they're not addressing all the previous orders because nothing's changed. Those products are going through their own independent cycles, prior to D's rumored involvement.

I've given up and written off my purchase as a loss. I was more forgiving until what-his-name in customer service said "sorry the existence of the other product frustrates you". I'm not an idiot, I know a dig when I see one. What I said was, it is frustrating seeing products I ordered and payed for years ago being delivered to people who bought at GE and BBTS last week or yesterday. He wanted me to get my heckles up and I did. Now I will buy nothing from them in stock or not, solely based on his crappy response.

I've given up and written off my purchase as a loss. I was more forgiving until what-his-name in customer service said "sorry the existence of the other product frustrates you". I'm not an idiot, I know a dig when I see one. What I said was, it is frustrating seeing products I ordered and payed for years ago being delivered to people who bought at GE and BBTS last week or yesterday. He wanted me to get my heckles up and I did. Now I will buy nothing from them in stock or not, solely based on his crappy response.

I’m not writing off my purchase, but now that I’m no longer even wanting what I ordered, I don’t have to worry about offending Anovos and them canceling my order. I gave Charlie almost a month to issue my refund, and after 3 unanswered emails, I just involved Stacy at Disney. Anovos was not happy last time I involved her, and she was not happy with Anovos for her needing to step in. I have not heard back from her yet, but I’ll wait a week or so before I call her. She has always answered her phone the times I have called, so I’m sure I can reach her if I have to proceed to that point. When I do hear back from her, by email or on the phone, I’m confident a refund will be swift.

Anovos has been the worst but I can say in my dealings with Charlie and Ryan they have both been really good and I feel have gone out of their way for me. From my experience they are stuck in the middle between the customers and upper management that tells them very little then they look like the bad guys. All the times I spoke with them they even said they were being told things were on the way then when they didn't they really sounded like they were just as frustrated when it didn't happen. I still don't have my stuff like everyone else but for me if feel like Charlie and Ryan were honest and doing the best with what they have been given.

That is interesting....

If Anovos comes through its a step in the right direction. I won't say it will heal all the "wounds" and sour feeling by all but it would be a good start.

I hope they can come through.

I think an ‘actual’ step in the right direction would be shipping everything people have paid for already first. Then starting on new projects, but by now we all know how their supposed ‘business model’ works.

I think an ‘actual’ step in the right direction would be shipping everything people have paid for already first. Then starting on new projects, but by now we all know how their supposed ‘business model’ works.
Well thats why I stated earlier that I personally wont purchase anything from Anovos until the have gotten a vast majority of past products to those that ordered them...

I will give credit where credit is do and at least they are going to try produce and sell a product without the "pre-order" model. But they have to actually deliver on this, not delay it a season, not open it to "coveted reserve spot" .. they produce it, and sell it. I have my suspicions about this.. but hear say and speculation gets me nowhere...

I didnt mind the pre-order model at first as it was a growing business ... however at a certain point that has to stop and they need to use their own capital to R&D, produce and sell a product. Having said that, based on all the info that has come out it would appear the pre-order was more of a crowd funding, initial fund raiser kinda thing. Im waiting to hear from the lawsuit what info was found out in discovery.. maybe we'll never know the full story.

Anyways I watch and wait how this will turn out... i hope that its the start of good things and a year from now we are happy that ALL products (way past due and newer ones) have made their way to those that ordered them... and refunds to those that requested that... and Anovos has had a few months on hitting delivery dates...

Well thats why I stated earlier that I personally wont purchase anything from Anovos until the have gotten a vast majority of past products to those that ordered them...

I will give credit where credit is do and at least they are going to try produce and sell a product without the "pre-order" model. But they have to actually deliver on this, not delay it a season, not open it to "coveted reserve spot" .. they produce it, and sell it. I have my suspicions about this.. but hear say and speculation gets me nowhere...

I didnt mind the pre-order model at first as it was a growing business ... however at a certain point that has to stop and they need to use their own capital to R&D, produce and sell a product. Having said that, based on all the info that has come out it would appear the pre-order was more of a crowd funding, initial fund raiser kinda thing. Im waiting to hear from the lawsuit what info was found out in discovery.. maybe we'll never know the full story.

Anyways I watch and wait how this will turn out... i hope that its the start of good things and a year from now we are happy that ALL products (way past due and newer ones) have made their way to those that ordered them... and refunds to those that requested that... and Anovos has had a few months on hitting delivery dates...

I really hope that Anovos can get things back on track but I'm still hoping that about EFX. I don't know which is worse, Anovos taking pre-orders on a large number of pieces and not delivering or EFX taking a few pre-orders and not delivering. What I do know is that no one should be taken by surprise by either of them when they order something and don't get anything for years and I used to be a big supporter of EFX.

For all Anovos' failures - at least you get the impression they're doing things and, yeah, failing...but still. Efx, seems to have just gone away and sat on the license the last few years. I mean, presumably you're paying a yearly (or quarterly) fee for the license. You'd think you'd at least TRY to do something with it.

If the Mandalorian helmet is produced and delivered quickly, hopefully that is a good sign for other products they said have been moved to US production. We will know shortly if they actually do ship the first wave by Thanksgiving.

I prefer how they handled the ordering for this helmet.

Strangely if you go with BBTS for this helmet you will make a payment earlier than ordering from Anovos.

Unfortunately it will take a long time to catch up on the older items.

So, since Anovos have decided to totally ignore my ‘in stock’ AT-AT helmet ordered back in January, I decided to get hold of one through a third party.
Result was pretty bad- black scuffs, greeblies missing or broken off, chips and just general awful quality control. It’s not the sellers fault, but it’s going back. Staggering level of negligence for the prices they are charging.

Attachments

• E36E2152-393A-4231-A900-111C8EC31A39.jpeg
    E36E2152-393A-4231-A900-111C8EC31A39.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 199
  • B0BC7303-8282-414E-B7C2-7947C8C7B20C.jpeg
    B0BC7303-8282-414E-B7C2-7947C8C7B20C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
  • C19DC8A4-3CBE-4AF5-A659-8DB8A271776D.jpeg
    C19DC8A4-3CBE-4AF5-A659-8DB8A271776D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 192
  • 4428E10B-FB4E-460A-B976-802B14C3B71E.jpeg
    4428E10B-FB4E-460A-B976-802B14C3B71E.jpeg
    925 KB · Views: 189
  • 77B0216D-0979-466E-8C60-748D2C667BE4.jpeg
    77B0216D-0979-466E-8C60-748D2C667BE4.jpeg
    1,017 KB · Views: 170
  • DD584A7E-A9D1-4AD6-8D10-041A69146DF0.jpeg
    DD584A7E-A9D1-4AD6-8D10-041A69146DF0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 173
  • 36A32C96-2AE0-4F7F-96C4-4FB7C23803B2.jpeg
    36A32C96-2AE0-4F7F-96C4-4FB7C23803B2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • 329DA534-0121-4F56-8984-E65EE5DED6CA.jpeg
    329DA534-0121-4F56-8984-E65EE5DED6CA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 177
  • 608621CD-5995-45BD-BE67-C2C442E550C3.jpeg
    608621CD-5995-45BD-BE67-C2C442E550C3.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 161

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back