ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

And more news today..
Greetings Customers and Fans of ANOVOS!

Everything we make here at ANOVOS is designed and constructed with keen attention to quality and accuracy. Yet few products in our catalog can rival the time and skill required to create one of our Premier First Order Stormtrooper Ensembles. Before our expert craftsmen could begin creating the first one, it all started with research.

Fortunately, our relationship with Lucasfilms allows us behind the scenes access to their archives where the screen-used film assets are stored. Our research team of industry professionals then meticulously examined the original armor and 3D scanned it piece by piece for further study and review. With this data we not only created the armor to conform to film specifications, but are sincerely proud of how well it turned out.

We truly believe you will consider this armor to be the pride of your collection.

This complete ensemble is listed at $6915.00 USD and is made ready to wear.

For this offering, we anticipate an early Q2 2020 delivery date and we wanted to reach out and give you a chance to claim one of the few slots available for this limited run. For those who have already purchased this ensemble prior to 9/9/2019, shipping remains as previously scheduled for delivery in Q4 2019.

If you would like to take advantage of this limited offering, simply reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you with your order.
Regards,
ANOVOS®

Copyright © 2019 ANOVOS Productions LLC, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this newsletter from ANOVOS because you have done one of the following: 1) opted in at ANOVOS's website (ANOVOS.com), 2) created an User Account at ANOVOS.com, or 3) have purchased a product from ANOVOS in the past.

Our mailing address is:
ANOVOS Productions LLC
1197 East Los Angeles Ave.
Suite C301
Simi Valley, CA 93065

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

A great resolution, in my mind (where it will probably stay), is this:
And in my mind, a great resolution would be that Anovos eventually (soon) gets their act together and makes good on their outstanding orders. Then, after having learned a valuable lesson, they are allowed to continue to provide nice costumes and replicas to the community in a timely fashion and prove, for once, that these things don't have to end with people getting shut down, customers losing money and souring the hobby for years to come, possibly scaring off anyone else that might get into licensed stuff.

Not saying all that is realistic, nor that I'm actually expecting it, just saying it would be a great resolution to me.

And in my mind, a great resolution would be that Anovos eventually (soon) gets their act together and makes good on their outstanding orders. Then, after having learned a valuable lesson, they are allowed to continue to provide nice costumes and replicas to the community in a timely fashion and prove, for once, that these things don't have to end with people getting shut down, customers losing money and souring the hobby for years to come, possibly scaring off anyone else that might get into licensed stuff.

Not saying all that is realistic, nor that I'm actually expecting it, just saying it would be a great resolution to me.

Yes, all of that, but also rewind time so that a 16 year old is 12 and we’re not in line for Avatar. Otherwise okay.

And more news today..
Greetings Customers and Fans of ANOVOS!

Everything we make here at ANOVOS is designed and constructed with keen attention to quality and accuracy. Yet few products in our catalog can rival the time and skill required to create one of our Premier First Order Stormtrooper Ensembles. Before our expert craftsmen could begin creating the first one, it all started with research.

Fortunately, our relationship with Lucasfilms allows us behind the scenes access to their archives where the screen-used film assets are stored. Our research team of industry professionals then meticulously examined the original armor and 3D scanned it piece by piece for further study and review. With this data we not only created the armor to conform to film specifications, but are sincerely proud of how well it turned out.

We truly believe you will consider this armor to be the pride of your collection.

This complete ensemble is listed at $6915.00 USD and is made ready to wear.

For this offering, we anticipate an early Q2 2020 delivery date and we wanted to reach out and give you a chance to claim one of the few slots available for this limited run. For those who have already purchased this ensemble prior to 9/9/2019, shipping remains as previously scheduled for delivery in Q4 2019.

If you would like to take advantage of this limited offering, simply reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you with your order.
Regards,
ANOVOS®

Copyright © 2019 ANOVOS Productions LLC, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this newsletter from ANOVOS because you have done one of the following: 1) opted in at ANOVOS's website (ANOVOS.com), 2) created an User Account at ANOVOS.com, or 3) have purchased a product from ANOVOS in the past.

Our mailing address is:
ANOVOS Productions LLC
1197 East Los Angeles Ave.
Suite C301
Simi Valley, CA 93065

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Words fail me. This has to be some sort of sick joke?
Maybe they’ve been hacked and someone’s having a little fun?

In all seriousness, what do you think of the $7k price tag?

Set all the shenanigans aside, and let's say this was offered by a company that never had extensive delays and usually delivered quality products, is $7k high? Low? Just about right? Taking into account licensing fees and [what we know of] manufacturing; is $7k within range?

For me, it's on the high end. But for those more familiar with the process; is this reasonable?

In all seriousness, what do you think of the $7k price tag?

Set all the shenanigans aside, and let's say this was offered by a company that never had extensive delays and usually delivered quality products, is $7k high? Low? Just about right? Taking into account licensing fees and [what we know of] manufacturing; is $7k within range?

For me, it's on the high end. But for those more familiar with the process; is this reasonable?
That particular product is for people who have lots of money and don't want to hastle with building a kit and acquiring the rest of the pieces. I would certainly think with some effort most people could assemble something just as good for much less, but that requires more effort.

This version comes with the premier helmet. The cheaper kit has an option to add the ABS helmet.

We don't know what the soft goods from Anovos will cost yet. I'm sure there are other sources for those.

Apparently some people have ordered the $7k version, so to them it must be worth it.

After some thought, I will finally share some of the details of an hour long phone call I had with Charlie at Anovos in late March, 2019. There are a few details from this call that I’m holding off sharing at this time, but I promise I will share more as soon as I can.

I am the one who created the extensive Anovos Jyn Erso Gloves Post describing the serious manufacturing issues and what caused them, and how they can prevent them. I hope people have found my post helpful!
Anovos Jyn Erso Gloves Received, Horrible Quality! PHOTOS

Anovos has not handled anything particularly well, especially customer service and transparency. I had to go through Stacy Barninger at Disney who was in contact with their CEO to eventually force a phone call from someone at Anovos. I received a call from Charlie at Anovos on March 30, 2019, and the call literally started with him casually, but rudely saying he just created a new phone number and if anyone else got it, he would know it came from me. Ironically, the very next thing he said is that he didn’t understand why I felt the need to call Disney to establish communication with Anovos. So I reminded him that they had turned off live chat for 2 weeks of “maintenance”, and pointed out that he was calling me from a disposable Google voice number, only to immediately scold me not to share his number with anyone, so communication clearly wasn’t a strong suit of theirs.

He then said multiple times that he was sure I had never reached out to Anovos, because their system shows no record of communication or requests from me. I said I would gladly send him an email of the chat transcripts and copies of communications, to prove I have in fact been quite diligent in my unsuccessful attempts to reach Anovos. He then said they don’t do that and explained that obviously no one at Anovos can give out any email addresses or they would get inundated with communication from concerned customers. Another red flag. I responded by telling him it’s not my job to solve everything about how they should run a business, but if he doesn’t trust me and doesn’t have an email for me to send proof, that is a problem. I even said there are temporary email forwarding services, but such services, much like disposable phone numbers, only validate the serious concerns of customers.

He eventually realized he spelled my name wrong, and found the record of my multiple unanswered requests and messages. For a while, the conversation went very well. He shared some info on new prototypes they are working on, some of which still have not been announced. We discussed the serious problems with the Jyn gloves in great detail for at least 30 minutes, and discussed how to prevent those issues with that factory. He did say that no one had complained about the quality, but several people were upset that they were made of Leather. He then said he can’t help it if customers can’t read the description of what they purchase. I thought it was offensive for him to talk to me about other customers, particularly because he was completely wrong. I told him “those people” were probably upset because they did read the description, which originally said the gloves would be made of “Faux Leather”. I told Charlie that while most would think of that as an upgrade, someone who doesn’t wear leather (dead baby animal skin) products would be rightfully upset that the only item Anovos has sent them is made of Leather, contrary to the description. It’s funny that Anovos simply forgot what they had originally promised, since it was such “a long time ago”.

It came up in the conversation that he took over Reggie’s job of sending delay updates about 8 months earlier. We talked about how they could improve, and I explained that people would be happier with regular and honest updates. The community is rightfully upset when you take their money as an interest free loan, and don’t even update them or give them a way to reach you.

I wrapped up the phone call pretty quickly when he sarcastically said he would like to be working on a delay update right now, but instead he had spent the last hour talking to me. At that point I reminded him that he took over updates 8 months earlier, and hadn’t sent one since August of the previous year, so that was a pretty piss poor excuse. I said I think I explained enough design and manufacturing issues with the Jyn Gloves, and how to fix the manufacturing processes that caused each problem to warrant the time he spent on the phone. He actually apologized several times then, and said he was very appreciative of the help on the gloves, but overall he seamed a bit clueless. I said I’ll do him the favor of getting off right now so he can start working on those updates, and that I expected to see them soon as a result. He apologized for “coming off rude”, but I reminded him of how rudely he had started the call about his phone number, plus accusing me of never contacting them, and not giving an email. He said he was very sorry., and I’m positive he could tell I was very pissed at the end of that call. Coincidently, it was just a few days later that the April wave of delay updates from Anovos were sent on April 5, April 9, and April 10. These were the first updates since August, and included the extensive blog about the status of the Kylo Fabric issues, plus the No Refund Policy Change.

It is comical that Anovos doesn’t understand why people complain they are unreachable, unless you want to buy someone else’s preorder slot and send them more money.

After some thought, I will finally share some of the details of an hour long phone call I had with Charlie at Anovos in late March, 2019. There are a few details from this call that I’m holding off sharing at this time, but I promise I will share more as soon as I can.

I am the one who created the extensive Anovos Jyn Erso Gloves Post describing the serious manufacturing issues and what caused them, and how they can prevent them. I hope people have found my post helpful!

Anovos has not handled anything particularly well, especially customer service and transparency. I had to go through Stacy Barninger at Disney who was in contact with their CEO to eventually force a phone call from someone at Anovos. I received a call from Charlie at Anovos on March 30, 2019, and the call literally started with him casually, but rudely saying he just created a new phone number and if anyone else got it, he would know it came from me. Ironically, the very next thing he said is that he didn’t understand why I felt the need to call Disney to establish communication with Anovos. So I reminded him that they had turned off live chat for 2 weeks of “maintenance”, and pointed out that he was calling me from a disposable Google voice number, only to immediately scold me not to share his number with anyone, so communication clearly wasn’t a strong suit of theirs.

He then said multiple times that he was sure I had never reached out to Anovos, because their system shows no record of communication or requests from me. I said I would gladly send him an email of the chat transcripts and copies of communications, to prove I have in fact been quite diligent in my unsuccessful attempts to reach Anovos. He then said they don’t do that and explained that obviously no one at Anovos can give out any email addresses or they would get inundated with communication from concerned customers. Another red flag. I responded by telling him it’s not my job to solve everything about how they should run a business, but if he doesn’t trust me and doesn’t have an email for me to send proof, that is a problem. I even said there are temporary email forwarding services, but such services, much like disposable phone numbers, only validate the serious concerns of customers.

He eventually realized he spelled my name wrong, and found the record of my multiple unanswered requests and messages. For a while, the conversation went very well. He shared some info on new prototypes they are working on, some of which still have not been announced. We discussed the serious problems with the Jyn gloves in great detail for at least 30 minutes, and discussed how to prevent those issues with that factory. He did say that no one had complained about the quality, but several people were upset that they were made of Leather. He then said he can’t help it if customers can’t read the description of what they purchase. I thought it was offensive for him to talk to me about other customers, particularly because he was completely wrong. I told him “those people” were probably upset because they did read the description, which originally said the gloves would be made of “Faux Leather”. I told Charlie that while most would think of that as an upgrade, someone who doesn’t wear leather (dead baby animal skin) products would be rightfully upset that the only item Anovos has sent them is made of Leather, contrary to the description. It’s funny that Anovos simply forgot what they had originally promised, since it was such “a long time ago”.

It came up in the conversation that he took over Reggie’s job of sending delay updates about 8 months earlier. We talked about how they could improve, and I explained that people would be happier with regular and honest updates. The community is rightfully upset when you take their money as an interest free loan, and don’t even update them or give them a way to reach you.

I wrapped up the phone call pretty quickly when he sarcastically said he would like to be working on a delay update right now, but instead he had spent the last hour talking to me. At that point I reminded him that he took over updates 8 months earlier, and hadn’t sent one since August of the previous year, so that was a pretty piss poor excuse. I said I think I explained enough design and manufacturing issues with the Jyn Gloves, and how to fix the manufacturing processes that caused each problem to warrant the time he spent on the phone. He actually apologized several times then, and said he was very appreciative of the help on the gloves, but overall he seamed a bit clueless. I said I’ll do him the favor of getting off right now so he can start working on those updates, and that I expected to see them soon as a result. He apologized for “coming off rude”, but I reminded him of how rudely he had started the call about his phone number, plus accusing me of never contacting them, and not giving an email. He said he was very sorry., and I’m positive he could tell I was very pissed at the end of that call. Coincidently, it was just a few days later that the April wave of delay updates from Anovos were sent on April 5, April 9, and April 10. These were the first updates since August, and included the extensive blog about the status of the Kylo Fabric issues, plus the No Refund Policy Change.

It is comical that Anovos doesn’t understand why people complain they are unreachable, unless you want to buy someone else’s preorder slot and send them more money.

Wow. That is sad and really shows their true character. They dont give a damn about us.

It's sad that there are people out there who have that take money and end it their mind set. It goes down to the saying "don't piss off the hand that feeds you."

They are your source of income Anovos. Once they go away, the money stops coming in....then what? You're screwed and broke. Take care of the people who pay for your living.

Anybody who works at restaurants and retail know this all to well especially people who make commission. The customer pads their paycheck. If they want their pay be kind to the hand that feeds them. The customer is the sole reason he or she is standing there working at that job. Places like that are built purely to serve the costume food or product.

Anovos or anyone else who like to hide when payment comes is no different. They are providing a product to the customer. They are doing it because of the customer despite their unethical ways of doing it.

Wow, just wow.... truely abominable customer relation ... that is inexcusable. Did you get any apology afterwards... did Stacey apologize for them separately? Where were the heads of Anovos surely one of them should've attended this call ... maybe on mute?

Wow ... thanks for sharing... that really explains a few things on my end.

Ouch.
People like that don't solve problems, so I wonder if this Charlie is even there anymore.
That was almost 6 months ago. I wouldn't be shocked if this attitude was also demonstrated internally (with the people at D), which prompted serious changes at Anovos - based on what I've heard.

Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to the rest of the story.

They definitely are not good customer service wise. I emailed last week asking when my TLJ STD Helmet and armor kit are since I have seen orders from BBTS and GE. I said it was frustrating to see all these people get what they JUST ordered while I have waited years. his clearly smarmy reply was this (after the we are having issues at customs part) "As for Galaxies Edge, that is not the same product and I am sorry if that product existing is frustrating" The "existence" is frustrating? Charlie seems to not be able to stay away from little "digs". He should probably be replaced and I don't say that lightly as losing a job stinks, but this guy seems to like laying blame at the feet of those of us that have paid for things we haven't received.

WAOW. Trade Craft, your write up here is detailed and informative. And you handled the call so beautifully it seems.

Charlie sounds truly rattled and defensive - as if he feels all the inquiry and anger from fans/ customers is an assault of some kind. By this one account it seems that the culture at Anovos believes themselves to be in touch with some kind of "real world" maybe while we are crying, naive children wanting our candy "now."

Speaking of childish, I love how Charlie states that he might very well be writing an update were it not for the one hour Trade Craft was on the phone with him. WHAT?!!!! Charlie told me that it was "(his) job to make sure that this upcoming Halloween was (my) best ever." And that is was "very likely" I would have the Kylo costume. And when I told him that they were never completed (as we informally found out months ago), he stated, "I can guarantee you they were completed."

All wrong, Chuck.

The main thing I come away with at the moment is that they are beyond delusional there. Like for real.

To the level of a need for counseling.

I wish the right person at Disney was listening to that call.

Eager for the results of Sept. 16 lawsuit hearing.

Wow, just wow.... truely abominable customer relation ... that is inexcusable. Did you get any apology afterwards... did Stacey apologize for them separately? Where were the heads of Anovos surely one of them should've attended this call ... maybe on mute?

Wow ... thanks for sharing... that really explains a few things on my end.

I didn’t call Stacy back afterwards, so no apology. Stacy has high hopes they will pull everything together, but this shows a lot in my opinion. We discussed a lot of other things, also. I initially let some comments slide because my wife still wanted her Jyn costume and I’ve heard of Anovos canceling orders for people complaining on Instagram. That’s why Anovos turned off public comments on Instagram!

Charlie hand picked a new pair of Jyn gloves and sent them ASAP (as in, a couple weeks later). The second pair are nearly identical to the first like in my detailed review. Still have silver paint marks all over. Also, the cheap cracking leather looks like poorly tanned goat scrotum. Hearing Stacy and Charlie defend the gloves quality worried me about what the rest of the costume will look like. I’m a photographer, so I’m picky about quality, but these are really badly made. I was happy others have agreed after I created my Gloves review post. Gloves from H&M, Forever21, and Old Navy look miles ahead of the Anovos Jyn gloves. They look like an early prototype from someone who doesn’t understand how to make gloves.

Yes, Charlie is still at Anovos. In Fact, he just sent me another email last week, which is what prompted me to share my story with the RPF and also cancel all my pending Anovos orders last night. I’ll have to wait for now to share what that email was about.

I didn’t call Stacy back afterwards, so no apology. Stacy has high hopes they will pull everything together, but this shows a lot in my opinion. We discussed a lot of other things, also. I initially let some comments slide because my wife still wanted her Jyn costume and I’ve heard of Anovos canceling orders for people complaining on Instagram. That’s why Anovos turned off public comments on Instagram!

Charlie hand picked a new pair of Jyn gloves and sent them ASAP (as in, a couple weeks later). The second pair are nearly identical to the first like in my detailed review. Still have silver paint marks all over. Also, the cheap cracking leather looks like poorly tanned goat scrotum. Hearing Stacy and Charlie defend the gloves quality worried me about what the rest of the costume will look like. I’m a photographer, so I’m picky about quality, but these are really badly made. I was happy others have agreed after I created my Gloves review post. Gloves from H&M, Forever21, and Old Navy look miles ahead of the Anovos Jyn gloves. They look like an early prototype from someone who doesn’t understand how to make gloves.

Yes, Charlie is still at Anovos. In Fact, he just sent me another email last week, which is what prompted me to share my story with the RPF and also cancel all my pending Anovos orders last night. I’ll have to wait for now to share what that email was about.

First, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as it really helps us to make our own decisions here.
Second if the news you got was bad enough to make you cancel all of your orders immediately I hope that you can share the reason soon so we can make our own decisions on haw to proceed. If the information is really that bad then hopefully we can be informed very soon so we can decide what to do ourselves.
I have the Kylo standard and FOTK still on order and at this point could have sourced them from many other suppliers that are delivering many times over now and not sue how much longer I am willing to keep waiting for Anovos.

Ouch.
People like that don't solve problems, so I wonder if this Charlie is even there anymore.
That was almost 6 months ago. I wouldn't be shocked if this attitude was also demonstrated internally (with the people at D), which prompted serious changes at Anovos - based on what I've heard.

Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to the rest of the story.

I wish I had a recording of that call. My wife was there listening and the look on her face half the time was priceless. I have met some very interesting and amazing people in my life, and I’ve never had anyone start a conversation by scolding me about their business phone number or email staying private. I told Charlie I’ve photographed Fashion Week runway shows across Europe, and met designers, models, photographers and celebrities. I have emails for some pretty impressive people, so he doesn’t need to talk to me like a child to keep his new disposable Google Voice number from getting out. Then when we had to have the same discussion about not giving out an email, I was more than just a little irritated!

Sort of a question - how can you cancel your orders since they stopped giving out refunds of any kind? Perhaps you just want to be on record as having cancelled all of your remaining orders which makes sense. Or have your credit card companies notified, etc. But lots of folks are trying to cancel and nothing happens of course.

And not sure of course - but if Charlie is the Charlie who is Maegen's husband (Maegen being supervisor of soft goods) then he knows everything going on with Kylo outfits. So perhaps very interesting that you cancelled everything, Trade Craft.

I wish I had a recording of that call. My wife was there listening and the look on her face half the time was priceless. I have met some very interesting and amazing people in my life, and I’ve never had anyone start a conversation by scolding me about their business phone number or email staying private. I told Charlie I’ve photographed Fashion Week runway shows across Europe, and met designers, models, photographers and celebrities. I have emails for some pretty impressive people, so he doesn’t need to talk to me like a child to keep his new disposable Google Voice number from getting out. Then when we had to have the same discussion about not giving out an email, I was more than just a little irritated!

The whole company behaves like diva celebrities.

First, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as it really helps us to make our own decisions here.
Second if the news you got was bad enough to make you cancel all of your orders immediately I hope that you can share the reason soon so we can make our own decisions on haw to proceed. If the information is really that bad then hopefully we can be informed very soon so we can decide what to do ourselves.
I have the Kylo standard and FOTK still on order and at this point could have sourced them from many other suppliers that are delivering many times over now and not sue how much longer I am willing to keep waiting for Anovos.

I primarily canceled because I was concerned that the quality would be so poor, I would not even want it. Although other things came up that gave me reason to believe, as we all have speculated, that they have SERIOUS cash flow problems. I thought I’d rather get my money back. They have about $1,000 from me. That’s not a huge amount of money, but I have to say I’m not okay with what they are doing, and canceling is the only thing that bothers them.

I’m pretty good at designing things myself. I own an Epilog Laser, and create products in Adobe Illustrator. I had initially told my wife if the costume comes in and it’s that bad, I can lift a template from it and have a copy made, but I realized that much trouble was just stupid. I figured that would be the only way to ever get a screen accurate garment template anyway, but since they didn’t make an accurate template of the Jyn gloves, the rest of the costume probably wouldn’t be screen accurate either.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back