ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

HAs any pics of the fotk kits been posted anywhere???
Pics have been in FB groups and FISD forum, but out of a lot of people I know only 3 have received their kits, still without helmets. There are issues with the kit for 501st approval, also some of the details like ends of forearms don't resemble TFA or TLJ or Stunt version, so how did they get that wrong after all these years. The Alpha and Beta kits (open to 501st members) had the correct forearm details so what changed.

You can't keep promising and not delivering, even if you've had issues with suppliers, it's about time they got there act together.

Yo. Yeah, I'm avoiding being out here because all I do is get upset basically. The only fan thing I do is gripe on rpf. As stated way back I no longer have the time to make a high end costume so buying one seemed like a great idea.

At the time.

But I'll pop in here from time to time with any developments I observe, one of which is this:

A few of us have been messaging with this Jessica Santin chick at Disney who "oversees the relationship with Anovos."

But I noticed down in my email thread at home that the email used for her bounced. Says I no longer have permission to send to her. So I tested it and, sure enough, I get the bounce. Anyone else getting this or did she just block me specifically a ways back because I called her on her patronizing platitudes?

She been canned yet?

Yo. Yeah, I'm avoiding being out here because all I do is get upset basically. The only fan thing I do is gripe on rpf. As stated way back I no longer have the time to make a high end costume so buying one seemed like a great idea.

At the time.

But I'll pop in here from time to time with any developments I observe, one of which is this:

A few of us have been messaging with this Jessica Santin chick at Disney who "oversees the relationship with Anovos."

But I noticed down in my email thread at home that the email used for her bounced. Says I no longer have permission to send to her. So I tested it and, sure enough, I get the bounce. Anyone else getting this or did she just block me specifically a ways back because I called her on her patronizing platitudes?

She been canned yet?
So you're not fully leaving?

So you're not fully leaving?

It's not like I'm boycotting RPF - I just have nothing I can do. The only thing I do in fan life is occasionally watch new sci-fi films or read a Star Wars book.

I might bump this thread at times too. Folk at Anovos read it from time to time (though they have shown an inability to fully understand sentence structure in the past) and it is important to remind them of the permanent damage they have caused thus far.

On a slightly different note - is it just me, or has Anovos relabeled some [x-wing] pilot helmets from "Not Available" to "Pre-Order"?
I swear I thought the Merrick and Red 5 helmets were listed as "Not Available".

On a slightly different note - is it just me, or has Anovos relabeled some [x-wing] pilot helmets from "Not Available" to "Pre-Order"?
I swear I thought the Merrick and Red 5 helmets were listed as "Not Available".
That has happened for several items including the FO Flametrooper, FO Snowtrooper, Rey Staff, Sabine S2 helmet, and several others. They all appear to be listed for Oct-Dec 2019 delivery. Sometimes they do that when production of the item is close and they have a better idea of how many they can have produced.

Always keep this thread near the top.

It is my hope that the disasters of EFX and Anovos teach us all to remember that enthusiasm and excitement never directly lend themselves to talent and follow through.

Anyone ever hear an NBA player or brain surgeon get away with, "We're trying our hardest!!" when a team is tanking or a patient flatlines?

Recall too that the folks at Disney and LFL - the ones who do licensing - are also newbie little fanmonkeys. They did not have the experience enough to look at these jokers and laugh instead of granting them a license. Neither they nor our precious duo here have a clue about what goes into anything other than a straight, hard object with a paint job.

Seriously - for instance, look at all the cool trooper and Vader helmets out there. THEN look to see which of those folks was able to make a good Tusken Raider mask: That's how to separate wheat from chaff. THAT is where craftsmanship shows up (or doesn't).

Okay, just upset again.

Sorry, just got back from running to the bank to send all my money to Anovos!

I just got an urgent email from them that a bunch of helmets are going to be shipping very soon if I want to hurry up and get them pre-ordered now is my chance.

.......maybe on second thought I should just tell them to, SHIP THE DAMN ONES I ALREADY HAVE ON ORDER AND STOP ******* AROUND!!!!!

Always keep this thread near the top.

It is my hope that the disasters of EFX and Anovos teach us all to remember that enthusiasm and excitement never directly lend themselves to talent and follow through.

Anyone ever hear an NBA player or brain surgeon get away with, "We're trying our hardest!!" when a team is tanking or a patient flatlines?

Recall too that the folks at Disney and LFL - the ones who do licensing - are also newbie little fanmonkeys. They did not have the experience enough to look at these jokers and laugh instead of granting them a license. Neither they nor our precious duo here have a clue about what goes into anything other than a straight, hard object with a paint job.

Seriously - for instance, look at all the cool trooper and Vader helmets out there. THEN look to see which of those folks was able to make a good Tusken Raider mask: That's how to separate wheat from chaff. THAT is where craftsmanship shows up (or doesn't).

Okay, just upset again.
Maybe you are being sarcastic, but neither Disney nor Lucasfilm are new at licensing products. They should know what they are doing.

Both Anovos and efx have delivered quite a few products in the past. Recent years have been a problem for both. Maybe something has changed in how the Chinese factories are working on items like these. It seems odd that both of these companies would start having issues around the same time.

Maybe you are being sarcastic, but neither Disney nor Lucasfilm are new at licensing products. They should know what they are doing.

Both Anovos and efx have delivered quite a few products in the past. Recent years have been a problem for both. Maybe something has changed in how the Chinese factories are working on items like these. It seems odd that both of these companies would start having issues around the same time.

Hey, Griffaw - not being sarcastic in the following way: You state it well when you state that they "should" know what they are doing but they do not. Many (though not all) of the kids who are coming out of the schools, out of majors in Business, Communications, or the like, have an increasingly compartmentalized focus in my experience. They know what they are doing in so far as they consider normal a rapacious approach to business but their mindset is homogenous, sing-song, and inexperienced. Additionally, they are too young but widely available to the work force because of having to immediately pay on student loans instead of spending any time honing a skill so here we are:

A yoga-choked money vacuum from Disney, CA spots a mayonnaise-drinker in Sales, WI and lucky us, we get Anovos.

The people who DO "know" what to do are disappearing from everything out there.

These people have no clue on how to deliver on anything that is not cookie cutter, like their mindset. It seems to shock and surprise them through the entire duration of their existence.

This is also why the Solo movie reads like a menu from Applebee's. We can all detect it.

Hey, Griffaw - not being sarcastic in the following way: You state it well when you state that they "should" know what they are doing but they do not. Many (though not all) of the kids who are coming out of the schools, out of majors in Business, Communications, or the like, have an increasingly compartmentalized focus in my experience. They know what they are doing in so far as they consider normal a rapacious approach to business but their mindset is homogenous, sing-song, and inexperienced. Additionally, they are too young but widely available to the work force because of having to immediately pay on student loans instead of spending any time honing a skill so here we are:

A yoga-choked money vacuum from Disney, CA spots a mayonnaise-drinker in Sales, WI and lucky us, we get Anovos.

The people who DO "know" what to do are disappearing from everything out there.

These people have no clue on how to deliver on anything that is not cookie cutter, like their mindset. It seems to shock and surprise them through the entire duration of their existence.

This is also why the Solo movie reads like a menu from Applebee's. We can all detect it.
I really doubt Disney or Lucasfilm is leaving decisions like which companies get a license up to people just out of college. A major part of their business is the merchandise related to their properties. Both currently have plenty of products being produced. Recently there seems to be an issue with getting relatively small runs of high end replica helmets, costumes, and props produced reliably in China. Getting more mass produced products still seems to be fine. Even efx has had pretty good success recently with getting the PCR helmets produced. Not so much with the higher end helmets.

Maybe Anovos moving production of some of the helmets to the US will work out better. At least they are trying something different to resolve the issue.

I really doubt Disney or Lucasfilm is leaving decisions like which companies get a license up to people just out of college. A major part of their business is the merchandise related to their properties. Both currently have plenty of products being produced. Recently there seems to be an issue with getting relatively small runs of high end replica helmets, costumes, and props produced reliably in China. Getting more mass produced products still seems to be fine. Even efx has had pretty good success recently with getting the PCR helmets produced. Not so much with the higher end helmets.

Maybe Anovos moving production of some of the helmets to the US will work out better. At least they are trying something different to resolve the issue.

Right. And thank you for stating that. I should clarify: Of course Disney and LFL are not delegating such decisions to new employees. I think what I was trying (Doh!!!) to address is the increasing proliferation of an overly simplistic mindset and approach to these endeavors. Part of what leads to bureaucracy is when folks are less intelligent than the structure they inhabit. HOW DO YOU LOOK AT THESE TWO ANOVOS JOKERS AND SIGN OFF?!!! Disney/ LFL of course have tons and tons of tie-in products which are massed produced, mass molded, mass painted, etc. and they are products that fit right in to how these people think: Shape plastic one way it is Darth Vader; shape it another way and it is Mickey Mouse. They brought this way of "thinking" to their assessment of the Anovos venture.

So I am sure the PCR helmets show more promise.

Anovos themselves said, and I quote, "we thought the heavy lifting was done" upon completion of the Kylo Ren prototype. This is stupid on the face of it. Truly truly truly truly. How they go on and on and on about how complex it is and at the same time flaunt their lack of oversight - about discovering problems at the frikkin end of failed attempts. Twice. This is the extreme naivete I am talking about.

Just because a factory says they can do something doesn't mean they are not a collection of vicious liars trying to climb out from under the idiotic rock of Communism.

Here is an experience I had with Dreamworks. Goes to my point and I am, herein, not speaking directly to you, Ggriffaw, but just to everyone. The only thing I have enjoyed at all is talking with folks out here. And I love that you responded.

But here' goes...

A guy who was pretty high up on Shrek saw my work and said I should submit my portfolio to Dreamworks (for conceptual design, character design, whatever).

Arrangements were made for me to meet with someone, fill out a form, and drop off my materials for review. At the conclusion of the meeting the woman I met said, "now, if you do not hear from us in two weeks, call us to come pick up your work. Please understand that we cannot contact everyone who needs to retrieve their submission."

I said okay. What she had to say made perfect sense.

So in exactly two weeks I call back, ask for this woman (I get her assistant) and she tells me that my materials are still in review and to please call back in one week to pick them up if I haven't heard anything.

I hear nothing for a week and call back - the assistant says, truly now, that I have to be patient and that there is no way to speed this along. I explain to her that I am only phoning at the request of Dreamworks and that I am more than happy for them to take as much time as they need. She said that she understands but that I need to be patient. I said, "Okay, I'll hang back until I hear from you." She says, "no, don't do that. How about you call in one more week."

I said okay.

I hear nothing and call back in a week to arrange for pickup - per their request, mind you: The assistant again starts getting on my case for pestering them. I again say that I am calling at her personal request and ask her if she remembers the conversation. She claims to but still turns it on me. I literally at that point said, "**** this - I'm coming in today to get my work. Make sure my name is at the kiosk." And she says, "no no no, wait a minute. Can you hold?" I said yes and was transferred up the chain to someone who at first seemed more thoughtful but tried to explain that I cannot keep pestering them. Seriously. And I said, "*****, look - have my work up front. I'm coming in." Woman replied, "No, they really like what you do. Truly. And I wouldn't just say that." And I said, "I have my keys in my hand so have my work ready."

I drove there, got through the gate, listened to the stupid apologies from their version of Jessica Santin, asked her how long it would be before she would pursue a real estate license at this rate, and left with my portfolio.

THERE IS NO "UNDERSTANDING" THAT QUALIFIES HERE. NONE. NO "WE'RE ALL HUMAN BEINGS" CRAP. AT ALL. DON'T EVEN TRY IT. THERE IS NO "BE FAIR BECAUSE EVERYONE IS OVERWORKED" CRAP!!!

Try this: Have a wedding where the cake is delayed, they never tell you, and it is not ready the day of the wedding. But it does show up 5 weeks later. Tell me you're all going to roll with that just fine because they tried their hardest.

Anyway, gonna try to stay away still. I just don't like it when this thread falls too far down the list.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back