ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I'm all for second chances. Sometimes third chances, but...I haven't been in this thread for a long time. I'm not sure how long, but if I had to guess I'd say at least two years since I was last here. Probably more.

And it's still the same conversation "We're making changes to address the problem!"

I hate to say it but, it sounds like changes were made. Didn't help.

I only buy from the "In stock section." All other sections just seem to be "Hold my money for a couple years, then if we're both still alive we can talk again!"

Reggie responded to me last week, after I received an email that should not have been sent out on a discontinued product with no scheduled future production...was also kind enough to point me to the website blog for Star Trek so I had the latest updates on product I paid for, and am still waiting for...
The delivery window is closing on a couple things there. The now have a little more than one month to start shipping the Darmok jackets. If they get delayed again, it might be the straw that breaks this dude's back, because they stated that manufacturing of those has not been affected. We'll see. I just hope it's not the same place that did the Erso gloves!

Coming up on 8 months with no refund, and 3 months since their last response, to “confirm” that I still wanted a refund, and that my credit card info was the same.

I actually found it a little humorous that in the ridiculous amount of time that has passed, my credit card had expired. But now I’m just unhappy. I mean, come on, I must be on the last step before they give me the refund, right? That’s why I haven’t looked into the whole lawsuit thing. But now, shockingly, they do not respond to any of my emails asking for an update.

As I said months ago, buyer beware. People have said it’s akin to fraud, and I think there have been warnings not to call it that or something.

But in my case, what they’ve done is WORSE than fraud. With fraud at least my bank would help, I’d have my money and I would be able to put Anovos out of my mind, for good. As it stands, I just send emails into the ether and hope.

In my opinion, and this is just my opinion, upon reading the several emails from Anovos in April-June timeframe, it struck me as a company struggling to stay afloat, and about to file bankruptcy. Solvent companies who produce product for sale, do so from proceeds and profits of prior sales. This however, seems akin to asking your customers to bankroll your daily business operations. Basically taking interest-free loans from your customers to fund basic business operations. That is NOT a sustainable business model. I can understand kickstarter campaigns and go fund me campaigns. I can even understand a solvent company asking for a 'pre-order' DEPOSIT (meaning partial payment) on an expensive and/or exclusive item that is a limited edition, but I cannot understand full payment pre-orders on items that are not deemed exclusive or limited production items, and the time for delivery that is un-ending.
The company stated they wanted to improve customer service and transparency, yet basically, in the end, simply removed their refund policy. How does it benefit customers to tell them, that in no way can you get a refund, and we won't tell you when you will get your product. Most of us have finite finances, and would prefer to use our money in different ways, or heaven forbid, keep it in our bank accounts.

That being said, I have placed two orders from Anovos, received them promptly (in stock items) and was very happy with the product. This was 4 years ago.

Be warned “In Stock Items” now ship whenever they can get to it.

One member here Had his bank do a chargeback because after 2 months his “In Stock items” had not shipped

I only buy from the "In stock section." All other sections just seem to be "Hold my money for a couple years, then if we're both still alive we can talk again!"

Several sellers now have ebay listings for the Anovos Sandtrooper helmet as In Stock. Hopefully at least some of those preorders are in the process of being shipped.

One of the people I know over on the FISD just got their FOTK BBB (armor kit and the red pauldron they ordered, no helmet or gaskets). So that's three people I directly know (not friend-of-a-friend stuff) who've gotten that. Keep hoping I'll see the shipping notification in my e-mail...

Just received an email from Entertainment Earth. Imperial Officer hat order, grey, cancelled, as the manufacturer notified EE they have discontinued production of this item, no other information as to why this has occurred.

One of the people I know over on the FISD just got their FOTK BBB (armor kit and the red pauldron they ordered, no helmet or gaskets). So that's three people I directly know (not friend-of-a-friend stuff) who've gotten that. Keep hoping I'll see the shipping notification in my e-mail...

This company does a lot of costumes with no head or head with no costume crap.

Aren’t we almost due for another update from Anovos about how incapable we are of understanding their top end problems?

After 31/2 years they are starting to figure out what cloth to use for what I ordered.

Anyway, I might be selling off some things soon.

This company does a lot of costumes with no head or head with no costume crap.
That gives you options. Some people may already have a helmet. In the case of the FO TK armor they had an option to order with a helmet or without. I would think even if you ordered with a helmet they would come separately because they come from different factories which means they are probably shipped at different times.

In the case of the OT TK, the helmet came in the box with the armor. Probably because that was made with the same vacuform process as the armor so it was made in the same factory as the armor.

That gives you options. Some people may already have a helmet. In the case of the FO TK armor they had an option to order with a helmet or without. I would think even if you ordered with a helmet they would come separately because they come from different factories which means they are probably shipped at different times.

In the case of the OT TK, the helmet came in the box with the armor. Probably because that was made with the same vacuform process as the armor so it was made in the same factory as the armor.

Thanks, man-

Everyone here is pretty wonderful.

But I have a Kylo head here and no time to create a screen-duplicate costume.

Funny, I purchased this train wreck to get BACK IN to costumes and fun.

And even visiting this thread makes me feel just sick and angry. It’s unhealthy so I will try to just disappear and forget about it all.

Just know, like I just mentioned in another thread, Joe and Dana are NOT two guys dealing with what anyone in their position would be dealing with. They are truly inept at planning and had foremost in their mind the idea of just getting their fingerprints on matters Star Wars.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back