ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I can be nearly 100% certain of one thing.

Disney did NOT "infuse" Anovos with a single cent. I know someone that signed a Disney contract for her employer 10+ years ago and maintains contact with the account. I'm told Disney is frugal, exacting and scrutinizes every expenditure. That has been their policy for the entire relationship and through numerous changes in the point of contact. It seems unlikely they would shell out $ to a third party they can buy in a snap just to avoid the appearance of negative press when they in fact had no part in the "negative" of the negative press. Their inclusion in the lawsuit is a lawyers idea and for obvious reasons. Even if every NGO made a stink of this, Disney wouldn't even register it as a gnat.

Dude.. they hit you with $173.57 for shipping on that??? I mean, I get you're overseas and all but I only got hit $47.95 shipping for mine and don't see how you being over the pond could remotely cause it to be almost 4x more...
I do not defend Anovos, but many times the cost of shipping depends on the country of origin, destination, weight and volume of the product, I sent helmets to various parts of the world and shipping varies a lot, even if the helmet is not very heavy the cost increases by the volume of the box.

Disney did NOT "infuse" Anovos with a single cent. I know someone that signed a Disney contract for her employer 10+ years ago and maintains contact with the account. I'm told Disney is frugal, exacting and scrutinizes every expenditure. That has been their policy for the entire relationship and through numerous changes in the point of contact. It seems unlikely they would shell out $ to a third party they can buy in a snap just to avoid the appearance of negative press when they in fact had no part in the "negative" of the negative press. Their inclusion in the lawsuit is a lawyers idea and for obvious reasons. Even if every NGO made a stink of this, Disney wouldn't even register it as a gnat.

Good points! They did buy Lucas after all. Anovos is a personal facebook video compared to that.

I do not defend Anovos, but many times the cost of shipping depends on the country of origin, destination, weight and volume of the product, I sent helmets to various parts of the world and shipping varies a lot, even if the helmet is not very heavy the cost increases by the volume of the box.
To add to this, the last mile (or kilometer as the case may be) can make all the difference. If you're in London it might not be terribly expensive but if you're in a rural town on the west coast of England it my be very expensive to get it to you.

Cheers
Steve

To add to this, the last mile (or kilometer as the case may be) can make all the difference. If you're in London it might not be terribly expensive but if you're in a rural town on the west coast of England it my be very expensive to get it to you.

Cheers
Steve

They charged me $324 to ship my FOTK kit to the uk and I live in London. Not sure how they work it out.
They charged me on April 30th and guess what? It still hasn’t shipped!

Anovos 100% I can spot that helmet a mile away, with its odd looking wide frown, weird looking eye ridges, ears ect.. just too many things wrong!

Interesting... I did a little research and can see what you mean about the wide frown. Then I stumbled on this image of the RS Prop Masters ANH helmet... Same frown (number of teeth). But As I understand it they are held as high quality makers - in this thread called much better than Anovos... Just curious.

A little perspective regarding shipping. Last week I sent a foam rubber pistol with FedEx from Sweden to the US. The box was around 30X20X15cm and it weighted in total around 500 grams. It cost me around $250.

My 4-pack of Blitzway Ghostbusters cost $200-300 to ship from BBTS (in CA, I believe?) to me in Sweden. A Hot Toys figure will usually cost $50-100 to ship overseas.

So Anovos charging $170 for a jetpack-sized item doesn't sound too bad. (A Proton Pack shell sent from Canada to Sweden was about $300... ten years ago.)

But $100 for a couple fabric items in a bag, within the US seems like something went wrong somewhere.

One thing I'm curious of is whether Disney prioritized Anovos stock to supply Galaxy's Edge ahead of preorders. While this doesn't excuse the delays, it would certainly help explain some of them...

Sean

One thing I'm curious of is whether Disney prioritized Anovos stock to supply Galaxy's Edge ahead of preorders. While this doesn't excuse the delays, it would certainly help explain some of them...

Sean

I don’t know this for sure, but I would imagine that Disney’s items would be part of a larger production run with other customers. I also think that anything in stock at GE could be stuff they had received a long time ago when customers received those items but they simply put them aside for the opening of GE. The reason I think that is because the items they do have, are items that have made it to customers in the past. If there were items that have not previously been known to be released like General Merrik Blue Leaders helmet, then it would be a red flag.

It's reasonable to assume Disney's order would have been placed a long long time ago perhaps even before construction had started on Galaxy's Edge knowing how much planning goes into that sort of stuff.

Interesting... I did a little research and can see what you mean about the wide frown. Then I stumbled on this image of the RS Prop Masters ANH helmet... Same frown (number of teeth). But As I understand it they are held as high quality makers - in this thread called much better than Anovos... Just curious.

View attachment 1032616

So wait your trying to say that Anovos looks like RS?

You obviously don't have the eye to see the differences, enough waiting time be happy your Anovos
You obviously don't have the eye to see the differences, enough waiting time be happy your Anovos

View attachment 1032616
Anovos helmet 1.jpg
Anovos helmet 1.jpg

Anovos helmet 1.jpg
Stunt helmet 2.jpg

Just look at the eye section how triangular the Anovos is compared to Real helmet and RS and frown looks weird on Anovos

View attachment 1032616

Anovos helmet 1.jpg

Stunt helmet 1.jpg
Stunt helmet 2.jpg

Just look at Anovos eye frames how straight and triangle looking they are compared to RS and a real helmet, and how wide frown is on the Anovos, the movie helmet frown is thinner and finish more to a point

Last edited:
The effect ripples out over the entire faceplate. Eyes are different, temples are more recessed. Viewed side-by-side it looks very off but those are the kind of details most casual fans will not notice. (One thing that impressed me with the Battefront game is that they at least made an effort to capture some of the asymmetry in the TK bucket. It's not perfect, but the attempt was nice.) There's something about the original trilogy buckets that makes them more 'sacred' in terms of preserving the details, compared with the other films- most likely because there are no limitations nowadays.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back