ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Our shipping container is now being packed, and once it has been fully loaded and is en route to the freight vessel (and we have firm quantity numbers of what is on-board)
How would Anovos not know what's in the shipping container? They'd have to know what they payed for to be produced and then shipped to them. Whole thing is BS.

I’m now two weeks since the email Anovos sent that finally acknowledged my refund request (4 months after requesting), and I’ve not heard anything more since telling them that yes, in fact, I did want my money back.

Nor has the money been refunded.

My patience and whatever feelings I once had of “they suck now, but I hope they turn things around!” are both wearing a bit thin.

Yep. I’ve said it before. I received better service from a Chinese seller who sold me (probably knowingly) a counterfeit item a few years back.

Friendly email responses, though they barely spoke English. Got my money back. Responded to my emails. All within weeks.

It’d be funny if it weren’t so disappointing. With the one-two punch of EFX and Anovos, I don’t think I’d trust any new licensee that appeared, either. They did that. Their loss, I guess.

Ok, this is a good one, stay with me on this.

So, if you saw my previous posts, been waiting for a refund since October 2018.

I’d previously ordered a pair of Imperial officer pants, which were sent, but a bit too large. When another money off deal came along, I ordered another, smaller pair of pants plus 2 pairs of TIE gloves.

Now, apparently, they don’t ship Imperial officer pants to the UK (seriously?), but they’ll send the gloves.
I wait, and I wait, nothing comes through, so I ask for the entire order to be cancelled and refund requested.

Fast forward six months, still nothing, so I go to my CC company and put dispute in place- no problem, fill in paper work, with copies of emails sent.

Tonight, I get an email from Anovos- 2 pairs of TIE gloves dispatched!

Mmmmm, doesn’t that seem a little strange that as soon as I contact CC company (who presumably contact Anovos to tell them what’s happening), suddenly the gloves are dispatched, which puts pay to my full refund on the order! All seems a little suspicious , wouldn’t you agree?

I wouldn’t care, but sometime between October and now, I ordered 2 more pairs of TIE gloves, with the next money off deal (thinking my original order would be cancelled and refunded), which did turn up. So now they dispatch the original pairs (which I didn’t need any more), and I suddenly become the unexpected proud owner of 4 pairs of TIE gloves!

Thanks Anovos, you rock!

Let's make a bet...
I bet what you receive this time will be not the same as the last ones you got.
Something similar happened with my Han Gun Belt. The first one was too big. I asked to exchange it for a smaller one. They agreed but would not have them for few weeks I was told. I was asked to hang on to the original and they would contact me when in stock.

Cut to 7 months later and dozens of e-mails. I'm asked to pack up the original and return it. I do. Two weeks later my replacement still hasn't shipped though I'm told it's in the warehouse - They're not sure why it isn't going. Several e-mails later and someone finally "unsticks" it. When it arrives it looks similar to the original one but does not have any of the weathering the first one did - It looks brand newish. Not to mention the leg strap on the holster appears to be from a larger size belt as the snaps are nowhere near where they should be to cinch up around my thy.

The point is, I think I got some piece that was a sample, or quickly fabricated locally or something - it did not appear to be a production piece.
Someone else on here had a simmilar experience with a pair of Jyn Erso gloves... What he got was poorly made.

Anyway - That's my story.
Cheers
Steve

How would Anovos not know what's in the shipping container? They'd have to know what they payed for to be produced and then shipped to them. Whole thing is BS.
Because they haven't been paying the manufacturers so they've been holding hostage what they have produced do date. Anovos finally cut them a check in some amount and said send us whatever can be covered by this amount of money. They have no idea what they're going to receive.

-or-

Option B - There is soooooo much backlog of product sitting in a warehouse in China and Anovos can only afford one shipping container so they instructed them to put as much of anything you can fit in the container. We'll sort it out when it gets here.

Steve

Let's make a bet...
I bet what you receive this time will be not the same as the last ones you got.
Something similar happened with my Han Gun Belt. The first one was too big. I asked to exchange it for a smaller one. They agreed but would not have them for few weeks I was told. I was asked to hang on to the original and they would contact me when in stock.

Cut to 7 months later and dozens of e-mails. I'm asked to pack up the original and return it. I do. Two weeks later my replacement still hasn't shipped though I'm told it's in the warehouse - They're not sure why it isn't going. Several e-mails later and someone finally "unsticks" it. When it arrives it looks similar to the original one but does not have any of the weathering the first one did - It looks brand newish. Not to mention the leg strap on the holster appears to be from a larger size belt as the snaps are nowhere near where they should be to cinch up around my thy.

The point is, I think I got some piece that was a sample, or quickly fabricated locally or something - it did not appear to be a production piece.
Someone else on here had a simmilar experience with a pair of Jyn Erso gloves... What he got was poorly made.

Anyway - That's my story.
Cheers
Steve

Who’d have thought that a company like Anovos with their shiny website full of goodies and promises of screen derived gear would end up screwing so many people over?

To be fair, once up on a time they could do no wrong and I have some great pieces, but this past 12 months has just proved that the powers who run the show have totally lost the plot.

I don’t think there’s much point in updating this thread with my constant Anovos issues. Everybody knows the score and everybody has their own stories about what a total screw up this company has become.

Just a shame they treat their loyal customers with such contempt

There are no surprises anymore.

I’m now two weeks since the email Anovos sent that finally acknowledged my refund request (4 months after requesting), and I’ve not heard anything more since telling them that yes, in fact, I did want my money back.

Nor has the money been refunded.

My patience and whatever feelings I once had of “they suck now, but I hope they turn things around!” are both wearing a bit thin.

Right. They sent those emails around the time of Celebration to appease us juuuuussst enough to prevent a lynching on the convention floor. Those two guys should be shaking grateful their booth was empty most of the con as opposed to other courses of action.

You will get another email around the time of Comicon before they go quiet again.

Who’d have thought that a company like Anovos with their shiny website full of goodies and promises of screen derived gear would end up screwing so many people over?

To be fair, once up on a time they could do no wrong and I have some great pieces, but this past 12 months has just proved that the powers who run the show have totally lost the plot.

I don’t think there’s much point in updating this thread with my constant Anovos issues. Everybody knows the score and everybody has their own stories about what a total screw up this company has become.

Just a shame they treat their loyal customers with such contempt

There are no surprises anymore.

There is always a point in updating this thread. Because I'm sure they wish it would go away. And no better way to "bump" it then with a continued accounting of the facts. It needs to stay at the top of the Star Wars costumes thread list. I myself always check to see if it is near the top and take action if it is not.

As of right now, I am getting new assurances from them - more pointed language on both sides - but language of any kind has come to mean nothing. From them or from us. Recall, "the Pawn" has revved up his own lawsuit. He says contact him if you want in.

In the end, the MAIN point Anovos does not understand (funny, they consider us naive as to what they deal with but it is their intense lack of self-awareness that is the problem) is that they could have very easily prepared us for a long wait WHICH WE WOULD HAVE ACCEPTED - instead of wading through lies.

I sent the an email regarding the Cassian Andor jacket that I paid in full in June of 2017 (or 16, can’t remember) and I simply asked when could I expect the item I paid for. I was told December 2019 - May 2020. When I replied with how much I like their stuff but getting tired of paying full price for years of nothing.,.the guy said “I’m just the messenger” and closed the case as resolved. Ummm, what?!?!? You are currently representing the company and we are discussing services I unrendered even though full payment was sent.

I’m tired of feeling that I don’t matter as a customer. And! Even though a minor thing...the email I received for May 4th was nothing but a few odd end Star Wars, a handful of preorders, and a LOT of Star Trek stuff. They even so kindly extended the sale for all the people just climbing over each other to get something. I’m over it. I just want my jacket and helmet.

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence, but I just got and email for a 2 day sale of in stock items from Anovos using the May 4 code....

AA2765B1-5703-425B-AB17-7A90EB2B54B7.jpeg
Out of curiosity; does anyone know how many people still work at Anovos?

The way things have been running with this so called company, it seems like only two people under many alias’s.

Last edited:
It wouldn’t surprise me to find their website ‘down’ in a month.

Actually, I’m surprised they are still ‘in business’.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back