ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Wow... it looks like it has zero padding or whatever to give the quilting a raised look.. thats terrible..
Honestly I think where Anovos probably really screwed themselves up along the ways wasn't the licensing fees or the costs of operation, but rather was soft parts.. Armor and such is as easy as pie by comparison save for maybe painting or fiberglass as you have molds and forms that make easily repeated parts, but trying to get a factory, let alone an overseas factory, to reliably replicate intricate sewing patters and have them match perfectly every time for every costume.. i know I sure as hell would want nothing to do with that

Here, btw, is the Kylo tunic as seen on their site. It appears to be gone now though:

IMG_0129.JPG
IMG_0127.jpeg
IMG_0128.jpeg

I don’t want to start a flame war.. and I’m
Not defending anovos

But even that picture looks like there isn’t any quilting?

Someone previously posted a screen grab and you can see the quilting on the screen used tunic

I can’t see it on the anovos pictures posted..

Can’t anyone else see it?

Not defending anovos

Someone previously posted a screen grab and you can see the quilting on the screen used tunic

Yea, I thought the same thing when I saw the pictures. Their tunic looks pretty close to their own pictures, but does not excuse the advertisement that it is quilted, which it clearly isn't.

Last edited:
Not defending anovos

As i posted earlier, the Anovos prototype does not have "poofy" quilting. So the item appears to be as advertised in the prototype image.

I cannot tell if there is padding inside the tunic to make it technically quilted. Quilted only needs padding inside with stitching to hold it together... however most assume its supposed to look poofy.

That said, the tunic is definitely not screen accurate, BUT it is similar to the prototype image. I cannot explain why Anovos chose not to make it screen accurate tho.

WWWTTTTFFFF?!!!! We all got some stupid email from Anovos today titled, "Why Rey is so special" What the hell is that?!!! We are waiting for updates on items over which they have gone silent and they send some story about a product that has already shipped!!!

JFChrist.

Cheaper to make and more money in their pocket.

Well, yes... there's that ... unfortunately that's the likely explanation per the current events. It looks nicely put together but its not even close to movie accurate which is like their Corporate Policy... replica props.

Yea, I thought the same thing when I saw the pictures. There tunic looks pretty close to their own pictures, but does not excuse the advertisement that it is quilted, which it clearly isn't.

They are still fasley advertising the product when they claim delays to be the cause of screen accuracy. Even though they match the photos aNOvos still should have done better.

I just checked into the latest E-11 email they sent out. Kinda interested in acquiring a decent Bapty, and figuring 'it's a prop, not a costume - maybe they can actually get this thing to production', I added it to my cart, just to check out what their insane shipping is up to now. I didn't even get that far with it. I noticed that suddenly I had 2 items in my cart. Puzzling. Had I accidentally forgotten to empty something I had looked at before? No. No, I hadn't. Item two was...a HANDLING CHARGE. A freaking HANDLING CHARGE of twelve bucks, which would be in addition to the non-refundable pre-order and whatever absurd amount they're charging to ship small boxes now. That's it for me - I've generally said nice things about them, given them the benefit of the doubt, 'this is a hard business to run, they're learning, they're a small licensed producer, blah blah blah.'. That's just insultingly stupid, so I'm out on this company.

Yes I noticed the $12 handling fee when placing an order last summer for the in-stock F-11D blaster kit, but the discount at the time offset the handling and shipping charge, so decided it was my birthday, get one in advance of the armor. Kit arrived a couple of weeks later. Still waiting on armor.

...And reading the thread on the Kylo tunic, if that's the reality, no wonder I cringed looking at the responses and photos. Watching Game of Thrones (no spoilers), I know the costumes are of a certain quality needed for the production, but I could not help but think about the details on the 'quilted northerners' tunics, and this thread....

Last edited:
Wow, that is ridiculous.... $12 handling charge. I could see if it was some fragile thing, but if the blaster is that fragile i dont want it.

I just checked into the latest E-11 email they sent out. Kinda interested in acquiring a decent Bapty, and figuring 'it's a prop, not a costume - maybe they can actually get this thing to production', I added it to my cart, just to check out what their insane shipping is up to now. I didn't even get that far with it. I noticed that suddenly I had 2 items in my cart. Puzzling. Had I accidentally forgotten to empty something I had looked at before? No. No, I hadn't. Item two was...a HANDLING CHARGE. A freaking HANDLING CHARGE of twelve bucks, which would be in addition to the non-refundable pre-order and whatever absurd amount they're charging to ship small boxes now. That's it for me - I've generally said nice things about them, given them the benefit of the doubt, 'this is a hard business to run, they're learning, they're a small licensed producer, blah blah blah.'. That's just insultingly stupid, so I'm out on this company.

I've logged on multiple times to buy items but didn't go through with it solely on the principle of the "handling charge." It's tone-deaf in the online shopping world these days. Not to mention all the other issues...

Ok, this is a good one, stay with me on this.

So, if you saw my previous posts, been waiting for a refund since October 2018.

I’d previously ordered a pair of Imperial officer pants, which were sent, but a bit too large. When another money off deal came along, I ordered another, smaller pair of pants plus 2 pairs of TIE gloves.

Now, apparently, they don’t ship Imperial officer pants to the UK (seriously?), but they’ll send the gloves.
I wait, and I wait, nothing comes through, so I ask for the entire order to be cancelled and refund requested.

Fast forward six months, still nothing, so I go to my CC company and put dispute in place- no problem, fill in paper work, with copies of emails sent.

Tonight, I get an email from Anovos- 2 pairs of TIE gloves dispatched!

Mmmmm, doesn’t that seem a little strange that as soon as I contact CC company (who presumably contact Anovos to tell them what’s happening), suddenly the gloves are dispatched, which puts pay to my full refund on the order! All seems a little suspicious , wouldn’t you agree?

I wouldn’t care, but sometime between October and now, I ordered 2 more pairs of TIE gloves, with the next money off deal (thinking my original order would be cancelled and refunded), which did turn up. So now they dispatch the original pairs (which I didn’t need any more), and I suddenly become the unexpected proud owner of 4 pairs of TIE gloves!

Thanks Anovos, you rock!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back