ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Exactly. Going through this thread, you'll find a handful of folks who (quite understandably) canceled their orders. But overall I would bet that the actual number of cancellations compared to orders are pretty low. They're certainly high enough to cause problems for them (a few canceled high-dollar items like a fully Kylo suit will sting- if five people jump off that one, suddenly you have a 'bill' of $30+k to settle) but between the RPF and the collector group on FB, we're probably only a small part of their customer base. Looks like they're shipping a lot of helmets now, so that's encouraging (though not something I have on order). I'm guessing all the smaller items such as the dedications plaques, models and games are boosting the finances a bit.

They need to get to updating the shipping calendar ASAP and hope that this time it sticks. And they need to show that all those messages that came before Celebration were more than just temporary damage control.

Has anyone been given any clarification on the "no refunds" thing? Did you have to ask for the refund before the 11th or is it enough to just have ordered before then?
Look at the comments outside of the RPF and you'll see people are fed up and asking for refunds. Even Anovos said this in their announcement for the reason to go to a no refund policy.

Concerning the no refund policy; their are already cases of people who asked for one before the 11th and Anovos is refusing. Go back through this thread as I posted a screen shot of someone complaining about it. Signs point to Anovos hemorrhaging money.

I'll say that I was getting a bit of communication in the couple of weeks leading up to Celebration from their Support but have had zero communication replies since Celebration ended. Week 16 since my refund process started.

Week 28 for me. Same pattern of response. I Left a nasty message with them for leading me on and wasting my time again! They have no shame. So Sad.

The ongoing disappearance of comments on every Facebook post Anovos makes on their page about new items or preorders says a lot. Positive comments stay. The negative ones I see (or ones asking about refunds) disappear within minutes.

I thought it was a glitch at first but it has happened with comments I’ve made, asking for a refund update.

If they are going to go to a no refund policy, then they really should limit the pre-orders to a something like a 20% non-refundable deposit. Otherwise Anovos looks more and more like a they are turning a scam organization as they continue to operate.

Saw this posted on the Anovos boycott page
Screen Shot 2019-04-23 at 9.16.46 PM.png

Anyone receive anything this week? No update to the website on delivery dates, radio silent again after those announcements....

I am told that some specific updates will be out in the next 4 (?) business days for certain products.

So who knows.

Their pre-Celebration messages amounted to nothing other than change in refund policy.

I know it’s not news and not a surprise to anyone, but thought I’d record it for posterity anyway. Refund requested October= nothing. Email sent last week but no reply.
I always thought if I was going to get scammed by someone, it would be some individual doing props in their spare time, not a ‘large’ company (oh, and they’re still trying to temp me with money off ‘in stock’ items in weekly emails).
I’m also patiently waiting for my ‘in stock’ AT-AT driver bucket. That was ordered in early January!

I know it’s not news and not a surprise to anyone, but thought I’d record it for posterity anyway. Refund requested October= nothing. Email sent last week but no reply.
I always thought if I was going to get scammed by someone, it would be some individual doing props in their spare time, not a ‘large’ company (oh, and they’re still trying to temp me with money off ‘in stock’ items in weekly emails).
I’m also patiently waiting for my ‘in stock’ AT-AT driver bucket. That was ordered in early January!

I too am awaiting a refund request since October. I have gotten two replies neither of which say when I'll get refunded. They ask if I wanted anything else in stock.

Wow, they didn’t even ask me if I wanted goods instead!
Unfortunately I think that option is a definite no as you’d be waiting an age to get the goods.

As an aside, I did eventually get some TIE pilot gloves I’d ordered an age ago, and I have to say, the quality is very poor. Thin, badly fitting material that is no better than those cheap Rubies costume gloves you can pick up for peanuts- and they charge a premium price as well!

Week 10 awaiting refund, same boat, no communication. Have a calendar date marked for week 12 to start reaching out as they will no longer be adhering to their TOS at that point.

I ordered through partial.ly and hopefully if Anovos won't help me they will.

It's incredibly clear that their business model is a joke.

They have a back log on refunds, because after paying themselves, and their manufacturing costs on orders in line, they have no money. They need NEW orders to pay for prior orders and refunds (and again, to pay themselves).

This is an incredibly FU'd (Frank Underwooded) business model and it's going to suck for a lot of people when they inevitably file for bankruptcy. Because after the creditors, the consumers won't see a dime back.

When did ANOVOS covert their policy of taking Pre-Orders to not taking them (in stock only items) and then changed back again to taking Pre-Orders?

Was this done through a notice to customers? If so when did this actually occur?

When did ANOVOS covert their policy of taking Pre-Orders to not taking them (in stock only items) and then changed back again to taking Pre-Orders?

Was this done through a notice to customers? If so when did this actually occur?

I want to say it was Q1 or Q2 of 2018.... they made a claim that they would not do pre-orders but they were still taking them in May... so if it did happen was a span of 2 weeks. My timing of when they announced it may be off but i think that was right....

So I'm not sure how reliable this is, but there was a comment on the Anovos Collectors Facebook page that Anovos was stopping Pre-Orders due to all the negative feedback on them. While I find this extremely hard to believe they seem to be moving toward more and more "reserve" orders now. These "reserve" type orders seem to be hitting the ship dates. For example the Luke Bespin belts. Which I have learned they have received the newest batch. I know as I'm getting a replacement for mine.. with the fixed holster strap. I'l follow up on shipping as soon as I hear. this may give us a good idea of the timeline from, Anovos Posts item, orders, close orders, delivery at warehouse, etc...

Any ways... just thought I pass this along... take it with a grain of salt.

That was June 2018... and i never got my belt replacement.... sucker is spelled... well i already spelled it...

Hi all have been following this Anovos saga for some time, and looking at safer alternatives, Both Entertainment Earth and are taking orders on most things from anovos bar the armour. Entertainment Earth don’t require a deposit and only debit your card when shipping and BBTS take a small non refundable refund and charge the rest on shipping. Why don’t more people use these? I wonder have these sites already placed bulked orders and if so will they get fulfilled first? Or do they just order for you when pre order it with them

Hi all have been following this Anovos saga for some time, and looking at safer alternatives, Both Entertainment Earth and are taking orders on most things from anovos bar the armour. Entertainment Earth don’t require a deposit and only debit your card when shipping and BBTS take a small non refundable refund and charge the rest on shipping. Why don’t more people use these? I wonder have these sites already placed bulked orders and if so will they get fulfilled first? Or do they just order for you when pre order it with them

Others do. I have 3 items reserved at this moment. However they don’t have a listing for every item Anovos carries.

The other reason is that Anovos offered reduced pricing for early ordering. So this is where people feel they can gamble. They would rather save $100 and hope for the best. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back