ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Unfortunately (and I agree with you - I've been saying the same) this won't work because they do not have the money to order product and have it in stock ready to ship. They cannot internally fund production. Everything they order from the manufacturer is paid for directly by the customer who ordered it. That's why we keep seeing pre-order products posted. They cannot fund their day to day operations anymore without it.

Steve

To that why should I the customer be the one taking the risk? If you get a product made and have it in stock, and nobody buys it that should be on you.

Yeah... If orders were slowing down as word spread long time orders being unfulfilled I think they're going to see them decline even more significantly with this "all sales final" policy.

Steve

For me it's simple: in-stock: yes. Pre-orders: no, and nothing to worry about.
Problem is Anovos has a record of not shipping in stock items as well. Combine that will the 2 day shipping window and admitting they don't hire shippers and you have better luck playing pickup sticks with your butt cheeks than getting something for your money.

These guys are crooks plain and simple. They have a system where you give them money with no guarantee. Their isn"t a reputable company that does this.

Problem is Anovos has a record of not shipping in stock items as well. Combine that will the 2 day shipping window and admitting they don't hire shippers and you have better luck playing pickup sticks with your butt cheeks than getting something for your money.

These guys are crooks plain and simple. They have a system where you give them money with no guarantee. Their isn"t a reputable company that does this.

Nah. Those handling fees will prevent any further delays.................................... ............. ....... ... .. ... .. . .... ... . .

Will of the Force

Hmm. I guess the ship dates would have to be clear and respected. Otherwise, I don't think it is legal to not refund a customer if the merch is not delivered. No refund if your change you mind is one thing - no refund if they don't deliver is something else.

Interesting.
Well, if they say all sales final/no refunds, and keep the current dubious language regarding shipping estimates, which basically says they are subject to change, what recourse does a customer really have if they push a shipping date back, then again, and again, etc. presumably, the customer knew going in.

Worse, this could also be used with regard to item description and expectations of quality. Anovos pre order items have all been spec’d as prototypes with specifications subject to change. They could also say customers knew that going in and refuse refunds because the item wasn’t what the customer expected. This new policy opens up a big can of worms that, even based solely on Anovos reputation thus far, should not be reassuring to anyone!

I feel badly for all of the customers involved in this. When I spoke up a few months back about the rumor mill churning in regards to this, I was silenced and had posts deleted. How do you turn things around when you don't even have access to the products? (As my sources have told me.) They are allegedly in deep with the sole factory who handles this stuff. They cannot afford to give refunds and they just come right out and admit it.

I swear, only in THIS hobby does this sort of nonsense last as long as it has.

Do your sources work for Anovos or have they in the past? I am not asking you to identify them - just curious how close they are to the situation.

The source works with the factory involved. It isn't one anyone here even knows. I take everything with a grain of salt so I will say everything that I have said is rumor, but so far, with how things are unfolding from the mouths of Annoyvos, it is panning out.

Anovos is now using the new refund policy for those that have been waiting for one before April, 11.
Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 12.21.11 PM.png

From reading the comments below the announcement, which are (as I understand it) moderated, it seems that refunds can still be had for orders made before the 11th. It's sketchy at this point and looks like Anovos wants that to be the appearance (or they wouldn't have approved the comments), but until we have official notice directly from them, it will be hard to hold them to it.

I'm not sure these announcements are having the intended effect. Instead of building faith with customers and their future, it is coming off more like circling the drain. They are applying a bandaid when they need a tourniquet. If they had any of my money at this point, I would be getting in contact with my credit card company.

So - anyone? Have you visited the booth? Hopefully there are indeed things there for people to buy straight up - anything will help with their funding problems. And if what they're saying is at all true an infusion of cash will improve things.

If anything these announcements perfectly illustrates they have NO clue as to how to run a business or do damage control.

Only a matter of time........

I'm not sure these announcements are having the intended effect. Instead of building faith with customers and their future, it is coming off more like circling the drain. They are applying a bandaid when they need a tourniquet. If they had any of my money at this point, I would be getting in contact with my credit card company.

We will honor any existing refund requests "as business permits?". That is some pretty vague wording. I would immediately contact your credit card company ASAP.

I'm trying to be dispassionate about these announcements (it's not easy), but to me it's still a step in the right direction. Not pretty, but a step forward.

Sure it confirms what we've known for years: they can't run a business. And sure this is damage control for Celebration. And no amount of eloquence can satisfy those who've been waiting, either for a refund or for their merch. But there's not much we can do about that now. We were duped.

At this point, it's about sitting back and hoping we get our stuff.

Personally, I don't care about their no-refunds on pre-orders policy, because I'll never pre-order from them again.

From reading the comments below the announcement, which are (as I understand it) moderated, it seems that refunds can still be had for orders made before the 11th. It's sketchy at this point and looks like Anovos wants that to be the appearance (or they wouldn't have approved the comments), but until we have official notice directly from them, it will be hard to hold them to it.

Was gonna say, INAL but I don't think they can legally deny refunds for orders made prior to this announcement no matter what they say or do. We agreed to a set list of terms when we ordered and we would have to agree with any new terms before we could be held to them. That said, be wary of any future “shipping address info confirmation” emails or anything that might contain a new agreement they want you to sign or something with this hidden in it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back