ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

For those not subscribed .. if only they were cheaper for an abs kit, I'd buy them all!

STAR WARS Gold Leader Rebel Pilot Helmet Accessory  ANOVOS Productions LLC - Google Chrome.jpg

I’m in for this one, and currently waiting on Blue Leader. If they make Red Leader, Wedge, ESB Luke, and Biggs I’d probably get all those too.

Understood! Yes, it is amazing how many folks just need to get their fingerprints on everything, huh?!

One reason as cebaoth said.....to small to be really of interest to change established procedures.

The second......the bigger a company, the more tiers it has, the more each tier tries to play safe. No own decisions without ok from others, no personal engagement that can cause problems if things may go south.

I was 18 years at a small oilfield company - if a problem occurred, the person in charge tried to fix it, asap. When no chance to fix it fast, the next tier was informed.

Now I work for a much bigger company. And next to no one wants to be responsible for anything. Not without a lot of big meetings, dozens of people who have to give all their ok. Things that could be fixed in a few days now take weeks or months.

Since the shipping term on my TK kit ends tomorrow and I have no shipping notification yet I asked for a refund.

Never will I pre order from them, only instock. My mother got me the rebel Hoth jacket for Christmas when they were in stock and it shipped 2 days later.

Want to pre-order the Gold Leader helmet, anyone recommend the payment plan? I don't have the $ up front but can do the payment plan just fine. Also, I've heard about the delays and long waits after the supposed release dates.

Want to pre-order the Gold Leader helmet, anyone recommend the payment plan? I don't have the $ up front but can do the payment plan just fine. Also, I've heard about the delays and long waits after the supposed release dates.

I've done the payment plan a few times and it works just fine.

Yes, they have had delays on stuff but they have also released a bunch of stuff. My opinion would be if you buy something do not expect it to arrive before a certain event because that will stress and frustrate you for sure.

I think my current issue with Anovos has less to do with their products offered and ever-shifting timelines and more to do with the fact they need to really hire someone who know how to run the actual operations/business side of things, which may go a long way in improving the other facets of their business. At a bare minimum, someone who understands customer service and how to communicate internally.

Case in point:

I'd ordered the Jyn Erso "Concho" a little over a year ago as my girlfriend wanted to build an Erso for Dragon*Con. I knew the timelines would be subject to shifting and, in the back of my mind, knew there was a possibility of the item being cancelled as it was likely a very niche item and not have a lot of demand. And sure enough, about a year later I get an email on March 5 stating the project was cancelled.

Cool. Not unexpected. And, to their credit, they offered some replacement items at a significant discount to make up for the concho being cancelled. If I wanted the items (spoiler alert: I didn't), I was to reach out to Anovos customer service and indicate which items I'd like. If I didn't want anything, and they hadn't heard from me within 5 business days, they were going to process my refund automatically. Well, that's what they SAID, anyway.

Eleven business days later, w/out a support ticket or any sign of a refund, I had to reach out to them to get the refund process started. No big deal in the grand scheme of things, really, but it just shows that their product management and production isn't the only thing that needs some improvement. If I needed to contact customer service for a refund, they should have told me that. But when your emails explicitly says:

Additionally, should we not receive a response from you within 5 business days, we will begin the process of cancellation for refund on your behalf.

I expect you to do that. :)

I've done the payment plan a few times and it works just fine.

Yes, they have had delays on stuff but they have also released a bunch of stuff. My opinion would be if you buy something do not expect it to arrive before a certain event because that will stress and frustrate you for sure.

Thanks Jay! I went ahead and preordered the Gold Leader helmet through BBTS. No deposit and I can pay in full when its actually in stock and ready to ship. I'm just gonna count on it a few months late.

So I've got the GB proton pack frame and Skywalker Bespin rig on pre-order, both of which were listed as shipping Winter (March 19).

Bespin rig now says, "shipping soon" which is promising...

No word on the pack frame though...

Sean

So I've got the GB proton pack frame and Skywalker Bespin rig on pre-order, both of which were listed as shipping Winter (March 19).

Bespin rig now says, "shipping soon" which is promising...

No word on the pack frame though...

Sean

I got the bespin belt too, the update said that they have product in hand and are packaging, shipping is expected very soon. However they are not able to ship internationally at this time due to some licensor thing.

350 - kit only, at least at this time.

Apparently you get the pieces to build either version, but you assemble, finish, and paint.

I could see Anovos doing Jango Fett finished helmets but not Boba. They haven't done any with that level of weathering. Boba helmet and armor kits would seem reasonable.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Really want that jet pack... kinda pricey... wonder if anyone will come out with a stencil kit for it..

There are lots of great resources on The Dented Helmet. Darth Voorhees is the only one I know that did a partial stencil kit of the ROTJ jetpack.

https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/threads/dvh-rotj-jetpack-damage-stencils.29330/#post-446863

The ESB jetpack is a bit more forgiving :)

For colours, TDH also has a map that's a good starting place:

https://www.mindmeister.com/113525354/boba-fett-paint-colors

It's always good to check reference photos though for all weathering/damage.

Also, regarding price, it's about on par with what jetpack kits go for unfinished. There are lots of amazing painters on TDH, and their work is definitely worth the money.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back