ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Hmm. Part of me prefers this look over the plain one, and another part of me thinks the one I have pairs better with the standard OT TIE lid I also have.

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of others who picked up the first FO helmet will be a little annoyed, though. Wouldn't blame them, but variants are probably to be expected from here on out...

Hmm. Part of me prefers this look over the plain one, and another part of me thinks the one I have pairs better with the standard OT TIE lid I also have.

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of others who picked up the first FO helmet will be a little annoyed, though. Wouldn't blame them, but variants are probably to be expected from here on out...
Yep, I'm annoyed. When they offered the regular one, I was hoping for the Special Forces option like they had with the OT helmet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Beautiful helmet .. I already have the Animefan kit sitting here, half prepped that I'm gonna turn exactly into this. That AND 670$ USD is over 900$ CAD!!! Wow, that's a lot of money for a helmet!!!

We're so far from the time when we would get the MR fiberglass helmet for 300-350$. I still have a few here, along with a SW Fett helmet that is now worth gold. I just don't get that! Mr props went through the roof .. it's like I'm millionnaire and I don't want to since I'm probably never gonna sell them! :) lol

Beautiful helmet .. I already have the Animefan kit sitting here, half prepped that I'm gonna turn exactly into this. That AND 670$ USD is over 900$ CAD!!! Wow, that's a lot of money for a helmet!!!

We're so far from the time when we would get the MR fiberglass helmet for 300-350$. I still have a few here, along with a SW Fett helmet that is now worth gold. I just don't get that! Mr props went through the roof .. it's like I'm millionnaire and I don't want to since I'm probably never gonna sell them! :) lol

I saw the efX Luke X-wing helmet for 3k on Ebay today :)

Those prices, on the Fett lids, are what they're asking for. There's gonna be a lot people "watching" (like me ;)), but I doubt that anyone will be bidding. They should put a starting bid really low, like $600 or something. It'd get a ton of bids, & sell for big money. Maybe not the 2 grand they're looking for, but it ain't gonna sell for that anyway.
There's an Elite Edition Han Solo blaster that was put on starting at $400. It's got a lot of bids, is now over a grand, & still has 3 days to go.

TWO QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ANOVOS HAN SOLO HOLSTER RIG:

1) I received my medium Han Solo Holster rig last week and at once noticed a 3 inch scratch on the top/front of the belt of the holster part of the rig. I contacted Anovos and they told me that it was supposed to be there. I just wanted to confirm that everyone else has this long scratch too. It surprised me that a scratch would be accurate on all 3 versions (ANH, ESB and ROTJ). I'm posting a pic of the scratch.

UPDATE: I just looked at a bunch of pics and I do see a scratch in the screen used one. So I guess it's supposed to be there although I kind of wish it wasn't.

2) I ordered the medium belt. I'm 6'2" and currently wear a 36" pants. My waist measured is 37" and the medium is too big for me. I was wondering if anyone had bought the small and was close to my size and if the small fit them better. And if by chance there is someone is Southern California who bought a Small but thinks a medium would be better for them maybe we could get together and see if we might want to swap if they belts fit better on each other.

Thanks Solo Belt with scratch.JPG

Last edited:
TWO QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ANOVOS HAN SOLO HOLSTER RIG:

1) I received my medium Han Solo Holster rig last week and at once noticed a 3 inch scratch on the top/front of the belt of the holster part of the rig. I contacted Anovos and they told me that it was supposed to be there. I just wanted to confirm that everyone else has this long scratch too. It surprised me that a scratch would be accurate on all 3 versions (ANH, ESB and ROTJ). I'm posting a pic of the scratch.

UPDATE: I just looked at a bunch of pics and I do see a scratch in the screen used one. So I guess it's supposed to be there although I kind of wish it wasn't.

2) I ordered the medium belt. I'm 6'2" and currently wear a 36" pants. My waist measured is 37" and the medium is too big for me. I was wondering if anyone had bought the small and was close to my size and if the small fit them better. And if by chance there is someone is Southern California who bought a Small but thinks a medium would be better for them maybe we could get together and see if we might want to swap if they belts fit better on each other.

ThanksView attachment 734396

Same boat! I am a 30 inch waist and find the medium too big, but ok on its tightest adjustment. Have you adjusted it properly? Pull the snaps all the way to the one on one snap at the ends and not the three on three snaps. See if that helps. I am almost sure the medium should fit you. Also, the holster part appears to hang too far down the leg, but I have adjusted it somewhat and may have to have a leather guy take it in some more so I can use the original snaps. Otherwise it is a beautiful piece and I have the scratch as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I too need a swap for a small Han Solo holster rig. I have a medium and am outside the exchange window!

Got an email today saying an item on order had a delivery date change and 'click here' for the listing to see what it was. I figured it was the TIE Pilot wingman helmet since they've got about 2 weeks left on the spring 2017 time table. Apparently, no. Seems as if it's the FO standard line trooper armor moved from Fall 2017 to Summer 2017. Is that right? It's coming early?

Got an email today saying an item on order had a delivery date change and 'click here' for the listing to see what it was. I figured it was the TIE Pilot wingman helmet since they've got about 2 weeks left on the spring 2017 time table. Apparently, no. Seems as if it's the FO standard line trooper armor moved from Fall 2017 to Summer 2017. Is that right? It's coming early?

And the Premium Kit moved from Spring to Fall ! :(

- - - Updated - - -

What I really dont get it why the Premium Kit is delayed again and not a bit. Fall 2017 and the customer support told me that everything is fine and June delivery should work. I have no idea why the communication inside the Anovos is so bad they promise you that it will work and then there is again a major delay. Especially the Premium Kit is now estimated for later delivery than the later announced Standard Kit and one thing they pointed out from the beginning was that one piece of the higher price was the much earlier delivery date and that is clearly not given any more. They wanted to produce then in the US to get the Kits to us earlier and I am not sure if they are really produced there or in China. A few people from the support told me now that they are made overseas and a few moments later they said like ´´oh sorry no in the US´´. I really dont get what Anovos wants to achieve with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got the scratch. View attachment 735199

Thanks for posting the photo. I'm not sure if I'm happy the scratch is supposed to be there so mine is "okay" or if I wish it was a mistake so I could return in for one without a scratch. This is the second time a company (EFX VADER special edition) has put a scratch on an item to make it more authentic to screen used. I get and appreciate that attempt to make something like it was in a movie, but what I feel is that trying to mechanically mass reproduce a scratch seems like a good idea on paper but not a good idea in reality. The scratch on the belt doesn't look at all like the scratch in screen shots. It just looks bad to me.

How did the small fit you? What's you waist size?

Same boat! I am a 30 inch waist and find the medium too big, but ok on its tightest adjustment. Have you adjusted it properly? Pull the snaps all the way to the one on one snap at the ends and not the three on three snaps. See if that helps. I am almost sure the medium should fit you. Also, the holster part appears to hang too far down the leg, but I have adjusted it somewhat and may have to have a leather guy take it in some more so I can use the original snaps. Otherwise it is a beautiful piece and I have the scratch as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I too need a swap for a small Han Solo holster rig. I have a medium and am outside the exchange window!
\

I have the belt at another location so I can't look at it right now but I did try and make it as short at possible ... I think. I'll have to look at it again and mess with it to be sure. When you put it on the smallest possible configuration did it still end up being that way it is supposed to be? What I mean is I think there are supposed to be a certain number of rivets visible on the belt and if you loop/shorted the best too much you end up curving some of the rivets in too much. I'm not sure exactly how it should end up looking. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back