ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Lol! Again, ^^^^^^^^. Nocternus, they have my item IN STOCK and refuse to ship it, I guess until they can save costs by shipping it with the rest of the order later? I don't know. I tried asking GOTMAUL, but received no answer and they also refuse to tell me why in chat.

Last edited:
"Did you order your items separate or together"

Neither. The item I asked them to ship was the bonus Han Solo Bespin standard jacket all the Bespin premium ensemble buyers got as a mea culpa for the delays. They've had it in stock all of December, but won't ship it separate of my premiere order and won't explain why.

Where? How?
Did he say anything about anything else?
I asked via PM and that's all the information I have

- - - Updated - - -

Neither. The item I asked them to ship was the bonus Han Solo Bespin standard jacket all the Bespin premium ensemble buyers got as a mea culpa for the delays. They've had it in stock all of December, but won't ship it separate of my premiere order and won't explain why.

OH right of was not aware of that

Not really spoilers but discussing props from Rogue One, so the spoilers tag is used for those who haven't seen it yet:

After seeing Rogue One (twice so far,) I'm unsure I really need to get either the Death Trooper or Shoretrooper lids Anovos has for sale. The designs are interesting enough to look at, but I think they're something I could appreciate in others' collections instead. On the other hand, I loved the design of the black Jyn Erso helmet and would probably pick up one of those if it was offered. Along with that I would be very, very interested in a Chirrut Imwe ensemble with robes, bowcaster and staff. Anyone else have interest in something like those? Curious to hear what people liked best from the film.

Not really spoilers but discussing props from Rogue One, so the spoilers tag is used for those who haven't seen it yet:

After seeing Rogue One (twice so far,) I'm unsure I really need to get either the Death Trooper or Shoretrooper lids Anovos has for sale. The designs are interesting enough to look at, but I think they're something I could appreciate in others' collections instead. On the other hand, I loved the design of the black Jyn Erso helmet and would probably pick up one of those if it was offered. Along with that I would be very, very interested in a Chirrut Imwe ensemble with robes, bowcaster and staff. Anyone else have interest in something like those? Curious to hear what people liked best from the film.
They weren't very significant in the story. They could have been regular stormtroopers and the story wouldn't have needed any changes. The Shoretroopers are especially odd. They don't fit with the color scheme of other imperial troops. These feel like new designs just to sell merchandise.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

No spoilers, I'd love a Cassian Andor costume.

I'm due one of those as well, but I figured they were fulfilling all the standard orders first, before they covered ours.

Anybody receive their Solo gun belt recently? I was told they were going out by the end of the year and we're getting kind of close...

Sean

Received this

20161219_021836.png

I received that email as well. I had forgotten that I ordered hats for me and the missus near two years ago. :)

gman71 (or anybody else who knows), can you please share the details of the 'bonus Han Solo Bespin standard jacket' that ANOVOS was going to give all the premium Solo ensemble buyers to mitigate all the delays?

I pre-ordered the premium Bespin Solo ensemble and Solo hoster rig in June 2014, over 2 and 1/2 years ago, to the tune of $1,302.85. In November 2016, I started seeing visitor posts on ANOVOS' Facebook page where folks said they were receiving the premium ensemble and holsters, as far back as October of this year, and ANOVOS' update page said both the Solo premium ensemble and holster where scheduled to ship in Q4 2016. Then suddenly the holster was pushed back to Q2 2017. (The holster was on display at SWC 2015 and was suposed to be delivered shortly after that...now it looks like it won't even be delivered by SWC 2017!)

Anyway, I never received any e-mails indicating ANOVOS was going to give the standard Solo Bespin jacket to those of us who had pre-ordered the premium ensemble. Nor did any of the 'live chat' reps mention this during the two times this month that I asked about the status of my premiere Solo pre-order.

Had I known about the 'bonus' standard jacket, I might have not cancelled my order last week. At least I got my money refunded quickly, although I think ANOVOS should have paid me interest for having the use of my $1,302.85 for 2.5 years. Nothing beats a no-interest loan though, does it? LOL

I even considered buying the standard line Solo ensemble at 40% off during ANOVOS' holiday sales, because supposedly it was in stock and shipping, but ANOVOS discount code didn't work for me during its final offering, even though the code was listed on the front of their webpage that same day.

I also pre-ordered the Luke ensemble in May 2014, finally received it in September of this year. I was kinda disgruntled that ANOVOS was selling it for 45% off list price during its holiday sales...that was about $100 cheaper than what I paid for it as a Tier 1 pre-order. So, in essence, if I had not pre-ordered it 2 and 1/2 years ago, I could have waltzed in this month with no wait, ordered and received it, and saved about $100. Way to 'take care' of your 'valued' pre-order customers, ANOVOS!!

I posted all of this on ANOVOS' FB page, the owners don't care. I will never pre-order from them now - why give them interest-free usage of my money when they don't prioritize taking care of the pre-ordering customers? The 'live chat' that ANOVOS refers everybody with ordering issues to is a joke, the operators are simply reading off the ANOVOS update list, which I can do just fine by myself.

So, if I really need an ANOVOS product in the future, I'll either buy it when it hits Amazon Prime (like I did with the Trek TOS uniform items I bought), with free shipping and free returns. This makes exchanging for size tremendously easy, which is just the opposite when dealing with ANOVOS. (Had that awful experience, too. Had to speak directly with Joe aka GotMaul about it in person at the Mission New York Trek convention in September to get it rectified.) Or, I'll wait until ANOVOS has their 'in-stock' sales (BKA shelf-warmer liquidations) which are typically discounted more than the Tier 1 pre-order pricing. Tier 1 pre-order pricing should be the best price ANOVOS ever offers on a particular item...but sadly, isn't.

I also find it laughable that the excuse given by ANOVOS for continued delays on these cloth costumes and leather holsters are 'consumer safety testing', 'packaging approvals', etc. Really, that takes upwards of two years?? But plastic armor and helmets breeze right through?? Hmmmmm....

Caveat emptor,

Art
'Jon8712'

@Jon8712

Yeah, you kind of got screwed on that. As per an e-mail from "Charlie" at Anovos, dated 23 Jun 2016;

"Victoria is correct and purchasers of the Han Solo Bespin Premier Line do indeed receive a "standard" Han Solo jacket. If you would like the free one in a different size, let me know and I will make sure that gets added to your order correctly."

Thanks for your patience and understanding regarding the conflicting reports, but hopefully now we have it settled.

Charlie
Anovos Customer Service Manager"

So... there you have it. But be forewarned, even though the item is in stock and being sold at 40% off, they won't send mine. Again, no idea why and they won't offer an explanation. Not even GotMaul, suprisingly, has stepped up to offer an explanation. Hope you have better luck.

Oh well. This wheel will continue to squeak until its oiled. That's fact.

gman71

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back