ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

@GotMaul, is it just the helmets that are in the warehouse and shipping or is it the completed ensembles (he asks hopefully)?

That looks really really bad.Why are there so much black areas in the chrome?Is it chromed or painted?
Don't want to speculate too much without knowing anything, but it wouldn't be the first time someone's stolen a prototype from a factory, or made some sloppy casts from the molds after official production ended, before painting them in an equally sloppy fashion, and then taking the sloppy photos like what we see here.

That looks really really bad.Why are there so much black areas in the chrome?Is it chromed or painted?

Don't want to speculate too much without knowing anything, but it wouldn't be the first time someone's stolen a prototype from a factory, or made some sloppy casts from the molds after official production ended, before painting them in an equally sloppy fashion, and then taking the sloppy photos like what we see here.

Anovos / Got Maul commented on this just a few posts above:

Did anyone notice just how badly those photos were taken ? Not only was it dark, it was also obviously too close and details were over contrasted and shoddy.

Yes, this is one of the prototype helmets but poorly represented. Something I plan on taking up with the Asia distributor on the matter. The details are all there, but its only because I've been staring at our helmet for like close to a year now.

Someone asked about the screen. The screen on the final production is where it is supposed to be. Our prototype might have been too deep, but I compared our production piece to my screen used pics and it is spot on. As for paint job, everyone please read this clearly : We were given access to the hero helmet. This is fact and undeniable. This helmet had a very specific weathering pattern and technique used on it. We copied that exactly. When I say exactly, I mean within 95% accuracy and if anyone knows me, I don't throw numbers like that around often.I wish I could show you pic vs screen used pic, but our contract doesn't allow it . But I still keep pushing it , since pictures speak a thousand words. With that said, this is still mass produced, so yes, you might have variance in some areas of weathering between helmets, but all together, the ones I saw before me that was meant to be in your hands are hands down the BEST REPLICATION job I have ever seen in a run over a thousand units. It ranks up there with the EFX Darth Vader Legendary helmet and am proud of this mass production.

Anyhow, if you're order was cancelled because you got spooked,, there isn't much I can do for it, you lost your spot and we have a very long waiting list that automatically triggers once a space is open. Send me an email, asap : joe@anovos.com and I can see what I can do. No guarantees this late in the game. They are on our shores and they start shipping next or the following week.

Yes I know. I was just speculating a bit beyond what he wrote (which seemed reasonable given the past instances of such things I've seen in the past.) Got Maul's response should pretty well answer Kroenen's questions though. :)

I'm pretty annoyed that I was taken in by those bad photos, to the point that after a year of waiting and dreaming of owning the Kylo Helmet, I actually cancelled my order. Admitted, I was a bit drunk when I cancelled, haha! I woke up this morning thinking 'what the hell did I do that for, so close to the goal'.

thanks to Got Maul for his quick reactions in reversing my cancellation (hes the Anovos version of Master Replicas Amy) . I feel like an idiot.

Can't wait to get this mask... it's going to be spectacular!

Last edited:
Well now, luckily we are not using that mold for the premiere line :) I can't wait for the TFA Stormtrooper Premiere line, you all are going to get a helmet no one has ever seen before.

Well now, I would certainly hope you're not using that mold! My thoughts are, why rush out a sub-par piece in the first place? If it was known the master wasn't right, and that the fiberglass work was poor, shouldn't the priority have been to correct it? After all.. you said..
Got Maul said:
We do not ever take short cuts and this is the unspoken and uncelebrated aspect of our product.

The F/O Stormtrooper was rushed out, and it seems like a rush has been placed on the Death Trooper as well, and that concerns me. How will this piece stack up quaility wise? How will the Kylo stack up quality wise? Why are we discussing these products with a catalog of orders still not fulfilled?

As much of a pessimist as I am.. I would love for Anovos to gain my trust back. I would love to see a top to bottom great product delivered in a timely manner. I'd love to see a Shoretrooper. (hint hint) Most of all, I'd love to be in a position that I'm actually comfortable buying from you. I also find it curious how many people are getting banned in this thread. A coincidence perhaps, but something that hasn't gone unnoticed.

Besides all the criticism, of which I do have a lot, I'm legitimately glad Anovos likes my work enough to share it more than once on your pages. I enjoy painting your stuff, and I would certainly enjoy owning them if a time comes where I can order without worries.

Last edited:
Just got an email that there are more Deathtrooper stock available and put my order in! Can't wait to get this one. Looks great!

I know the Darth Vader helmet will be going up in price, in the next day or so. Will the shoulder armor be going up as well?
They haven't mentioned the Vader armor going up. I would think there would be some advance notice like there was for the helmet if it was.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Thank you, ggriffaw, for the answer. I deleted the email with price increase notification, & didn't know if it spoke of an increase for the armor as well.

Onto another product... I got an email letting me know I'm getting a refund (I asked for it) for the cancelled TIE Torso. Got Maul could ANOVOS make & sell a section of hose (like a 2 or 3 ft length) for the TIE helmet? That way we can display it similar to this?
image.jpeg
(Not my photo)
I'm sure I can find a hose, but aren't the ANOVOS hoses supposed to connect to the mask with magnets? If you guys could make a section of hose with both ends able to connect to the mask, I'd think that'd be a good seller - & I'd definitely buy one. & same with the AT-AT helmet.

Any chance that Anovos will sell costumes for people outside of standard sizing?

I love the Anovos armor sets, but at 6'6", I'm pretty sure I couldn't wear any of it. I'm not even certain I could wear the Vader off the site!

Any chance that Anovos will sell costumes for people outside of standard sizing?

I love the Anovos armor sets, but at 6'6", I'm pretty sure I couldn't wear any of it. I'm not even certain I could wear the Vader off the site!

I'm in a similar boat. I'm only 6'3" but I feel like I'm just a touch outside the range for the armor, and helmets are always too small. I also wear a size 14 shoe so basically all footwear is a one off custom.

I'm in a similar boat. I'm only 6'3" but I feel like I'm just a touch outside the range for the armor, and helmets are always too small. I also wear a size 14 shoe so basically all footwear is a one off custom.

Yeah. I saw the run for the shore trooper kit, and thought "I can do that". But I also wear a size 14 shoe. No way I'd find the right boots for it. So much for that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back