ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

@merkava74

Ho-Lee **** that is an impressive collection and your display setting is perfect.

Merkava74, who did that IG-88 bust?

That's a beautiful collection merkava74!

Thanks guys. Just bringing the conversation back to the topic, I'm glad Anovos is providing another alternative for us. I wish I had the dough to buy up all of their offerings, because fundamentally, it is my love for Star Wars, not my love for being a collector.

My helmets range from not-so-accurate garage kits to makers like Bookface to sculptors like Evo3, to businesses like Efx and Anovos, to those that I build and paint myself (see my signature). russellsch the IG-88 is from Korbanth.

There is no need for price or quality bashing. If it is beyond your reach or below your quality standards, give it a miss. I for one would never buy a Rubies, but there are Rubies who are the pride and joy of someone else's collection.

Bottom line, have fun doing this, or it's not worth it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. Just bringing the conversation back to the topic, I'm glad Anovos is providing another alternative for us. I wish I had the dough to buy up all of their offerings, because fundamentally, it is my love for Star Wars, not my love for being a collector.

My helmets range from not-so-accurate garage kits to makers like Bookface to sculptors like Evo3, to businesses like Efx and Anovos, to those that I build and paint myself (see my signature). @russellsch the IG-88 is from Korbanth.

There is no need for price or quality bashing. If it is beyond your reach or below your quality standards, give it a miss. I for one would never buy a Rubies, but there are Rubies who are the pride and joy of someone else's collection.

Bottom line, have fun doing this, or it's not worth it. :)

Amen and hallelujah. (y)cheers

Better words about collecting have never been spoken. I like stands, plaques, cases, and none of the above depending on the prop. I have super expensive props and super cheap props. It's all about what you like and having fun. Personally I could care less if there is one or ten million of something. I buy what I like and don't give a rip what others think or have. Except I do love seeing other people collections but beyond that I don't care if everyone has everything I have or nothing I have.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel that the focus should be on the helmets and not the stand or plaques. Which is why my helmets are all on a $6 IKEA Hemma table lamp stand with the wire removed. :)

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161120/30a2b7138af13c3686bfb6832358b623.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161120/05605b4ed1b84f284d3316e6b5dfb01c.jpg

I want to see more of your collection please!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a question for you about this. It puzzled me on the Propshop replicas as well, and I'm not sure if you guys are at liberty to say. With the advent of armor being CAD rather than sculpted in clay, with, I'm willing to guess, masters being produced on 3D printers, why is the common procedure still to create scan data from finished pieces, then have to spend time cleaning up that data into something useable? Wouldn't it be faster, easier, and more satisfying to the real hardcore rivet counters if LFL/Disney just emailed you guys the files to begin with? Just curious.

Good question. Data assets are a totally different level of asset. The short end of it, we can't get access to the original files. Secondly, so much changes from the time of print to actual use that a lot of the times, to gain access to the final piece used is actually better for us rather than tapping breaks or starting over again.

@Got Maul, any chance the ESB Han standard line will end up available on the payment plan? The Luke is and its only $30 cheaper :lol

I can talk to the team about it.

Um....I know I was asleep a while, but, when did Anovos announce the Deathtrooper helmet? Fantastic! I think I will order.....oh. Sold Out.

https://www.anovos.com/collections/...e-one-standard-death-trooper-helmet-accessory

Less than four hours it was a sell out. I couldn't believe it myself.

So there is a chance I will be wearing my Kylo helmet for all of the awkward family dinners this year?

A strong chance in the force..

@Got Maul

Let me have a guess.... coming with a stand would make it a prop replica and Anovos only have a licence for costumes?

Ding Ding...its the simple rules and defined lanes of the EFX and Anovos highway. We try to make it up for it by making it really cool to wear !!

Still love these rapid-fire responses when they happen. :thumbsup

And Got Maul, since my support email hasn't been answered yet and I don't think I'll have time this week to do a live chat, I'll try asking you: I have a Kylo helmet on a payment plan. Is it unusual to have had two payments charged on back-to-back days for that? (Wasn't the final payment, it was two consecutive days in October. Placed the order back in August I believe.) Would Anovos live chat even be the place to ask about that, or is that Partial.ly's issue to handle? thanks!

edit: if I recall correctly Anovos isn't able to sell stands with the helmets because they're licensed as a "costume" maker and not a "prop replica" maker like EFX. Don't remember if that was just speculation or came from the company though.

Email me with your order numbers !! joe@anovos.com

@Got Maul: so these pictures have surfaced

https://www.facebook.com/thepachstore/posts/721509881334836?hc_location=ufi

are you able to confirm that this is a production Anovos Kylo? the shape looks good but the paintwork leaves a bit to be desired, specifically the black 'weathering' on the silver looks like it was squiggled on with a sharpie...

also, if it is the anovos, why has the eye mesh been brought forward compared to the prototype/screen used? (it now sits flush with the eye hole when it should be a ways back)

@Got Maul: so these pictures have surfaced

https://www.facebook.com/thepachstore/posts/721509881334836?hc_location=ufi

are you able to confirm that this is a production Anovos Kylo? the shape looks good but the paintwork leaves a bit to be desired, specifically the black 'weathering' on the silver looks like it was squiggled on with a sharpie...

also, if it is the anovos, why has the eye mesh been brought forward compared to the prototype/screen used? (it now sits flush with the eye hole when it should be a ways back)
oh no, I hope that's not the Anovos...... looks like carp in those photos! In fact it's probably the worst Kylo paint job I've seen!

oh no, I hope that's not the Anovos...... looks like carp in those photos! In fact it's probably the worst Kylo paint job I've seen!

i've showed them to anovos support and they're really skeptical about them, said a lot of details were off. They've opened a ticket to investigate them.

I heard back:

"The helmet in question is a manufacturing prototype used for pre-sales photography. "

So it is an anovos, but still a prototype, and probably stolen...

I'm pressing them on the quality of the paint job and will report back if i hear anything.

@Got Maul: Hey, am I able to email you about an order I placed on an in-stock item? Support haven't replied. I wasn't thinking and put a shipping address outside of the countries you ship to - it accepted the order and took the payment but the in stock item has had no update in a week. I'm thinking it might be in some kind of "order taken but item not picked" limbo (had to sort this stuff out when I worked at a big online store before) due to the shipping address (billing address was within the serviced regions).

Unless in-stock items have this kind of lag?

Cheers.

okay, I got another reply.

I asked if the paint job was indicative of the final production paint job.

Their definitive answer? "No, it is not."

and everyone breathe...

okay, I got another reply.

I asked if the paint job was indicative of the final production paint job.

Their definitive answer? "No, it is not."

and everyone breathe...
too late! I cancelled mine. well, I put in for a cancellation.... those photos spooked me.

maybe it's too late... I'll leave it to to chance.

Did anyone notice just how badly those photos were taken ? Not only was it dark, it was also obviously too close and details were over contrasted and shoddy.

Yes, this is one of the prototype helmets but poorly represented. Something I plan on taking up with the Asia distributor on the matter. The details are all there, but its only because I've been staring at our helmet for like close to a year now.

Someone asked about the screen. The screen on the final production is where it is supposed to be. Our prototype might have been too deep, but I compared our production piece to my screen used pics and it is spot on. As for paint job, everyone please read this clearly : We were given access to the hero helmet. This is fact and undeniable. This helmet had a very specific weathering pattern and technique used on it. We copied that exactly. When I say exactly, I mean within 95% accuracy and if anyone knows me, I don't throw numbers like that around often.I wish I could show you pic vs screen used pic, but our contract doesn't allow it . But I still keep pushing it , since pictures speak a thousand words. With that said, this is still mass produced, so yes, you might have variance in some areas of weathering between helmets, but all together, the ones I saw before me that was meant to be in your hands are hands down the BEST REPLICATION job I have ever seen in a run over a thousand units. It ranks up there with the EFX Darth Vader Legendary helmet and am proud of this mass production.

Anyhow, if you're order was cancelled because you got spooked,, there isn't much I can do for it, you lost your spot and we have a very long waiting list that automatically triggers once a space is open. Send me an email, asap : joe@anovos.com and I can see what I can do. No guarantees this late in the game. They are on our shores and they start shipping next or the following week.

- - - Updated - - -

@Got Maul: Hey, am I able to email you about an order I placed on an in-stock item? Support haven't replied. I wasn't thinking and put a shipping address outside of the countries you ship to - it accepted the order and took the payment but the in stock item has had no update in a week. I'm thinking it might be in some kind of "order taken but item not picked" limbo (had to sort this stuff out when I worked at a big online store before) due to the shipping address (billing address was within the serviced regions).

Unless in-stock items have this kind of lag?

Cheers.
Hi ! Please email me joe@anovos.com and I can have the fulfillment team take a look asap.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back