ANOVOS picks up the high-end Star Wars Costuming License!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Art Andrews, Apr 25, 2014.

1. halliwax

halliwax Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Fiberglass Kylo Ren Helmets back up for pre sale..

2. oblagon

oblagon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Delivery date: whenever they feel like getting around to it.

AJK001 and halliwax like this.
  3. oblagon

Drew Baker, Jagjaguwar and pepperbone like this.
  4. darthjones2

darthjones2 Active Member

pepperbone and oblagon like this.
  5. darthjones2

Just a group update. Concerning the Kylo costumes I have spoken with a few people here (and one not here) and here is what we are reading: While there is no official update yet, official emails have said the following:

"This will be the only run of this product."
    "They are done."
    "This item is starting to be completed."
    "Shipping in Winter and Spring 2019"
    "official update in two weeks."

A lot of this is contradictory but it is all from the last ten days or so. Pretty f alarming.

I will say that CS rep Ryan (who has been quite nice throughout) was surprised in the sense that he was really truly expecting these things to be shipping out right now (the vibe being that everyone around him expected so too). And with that in mind he said, "maybe something came up." Not that this is a surprise with Anovos but could really be some external thing.

The most awful thing I heard is that they are "starting to be completed in waves." That goes against absolutely everything they have been saying for almost 9 months: a direct contradiction.

Anyway, just trying to group some information together.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    pepperbone likes this.
  6. pepperbone

pepperbone Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

And how long has it been since you pre-ordered?

7. darthjones2

It will be THREE YEARS in March!!! I know - I'm an optimist, right? Jeez.

Two of us here (that I know of) have cancelled in the last week.

8. pepperbone

Optimist - or simply a patient hardcore fan who was taken advantage of. Like many others here.
    Wishing you a timely refund.

9. pepperbone

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  10. CatfoodRob

CatfoodRob Well-Known Member

The wedge helmet features in their latest blog !

Star Wars Helmets and pepperbone like this.
  11. pepperbone

I saw it! I just wasn't expecting it to be available this soon!

12. darthjones2

Something for better or worse, one gets some perspective by looking through their shipping calendar and reading the updates for all of the products, not just the one(s) you ordered. There are several items that were to have shipped in Fall with different reasons/ excuses throughout. Does this help any of us? No. But it might inform your decision as to refund or not.

13. oblagon

Same here; didn't have the cash and missed out. Hopefully I catch the next batch when they go up.

14. Weldon

Weldon New Member

Looking through the Anovos shipping calendar, I found it difficult to find anything that shipped when initially “anticipated”. Many items were delayed multiple cycles with mostly similar excuses. In at least one case, several waves of an item were pre-sold before the second wave shipped (first wave did not appear to be listed). I know that they have, actually, completed and shipped products in the past (I have a Shoretrooper helmet I bought second hand), but looking at thier calendar entries makes thing look pretty bleak!

15. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

It’d be interesting to see a list of Anovos products, how many times they’ve been delayed -and the total time they’ve been delayed for.

Cheers

Jez

Jagjaguwar likes this.
  16. oblagon

It always feels like Anovos never ships out a full run of a product; instead just releasing a few here and there when they have the money. Case in point is the Rey helmet, Vader and At-At

17. darthjones2

That is one possibility that would REALLY infuriate me - having things done and just sitting around for years because they can't manage money. How about sell a lobe of your kid's liver at this point for cash if that's the case - oh, touching on that lack of "maturity" again. My bad of course.

18. pepperbone

FYI, Merrick Blue Squadron helmet is delayed.

"Delivery Estimate is Spring 2019 (March 20th - June 20th): Past updates about this product can be found Here. All items are subject to change in availability, features, and delivery dates at any time and for any reason. Customers with outstanding orders will be notified via email within 30 days of such changes. Once this item is In-stock, it takes 10-14 business days for processing prior to shipment."

19. Crookknight

Crookknight Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Shocker

20. pepperbone

Yeah....yeah...…………..

21. Star Wars Helmets

Star Wars Helmets Sr Member

Guaranteed that on June 20th, Anovos will announce yet another delay on the Merrick helmet and will be talking up Sept/Oct.

Their business model is a Ponzi scheme!

Cheers

Jez

Jediwannabe likes this.
  22. Whiskey

Whiskey Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Chinese New Years is coming up. They’ll close for a month.

So don’t expect it in fall

23. hampton

hampton New Member

Has anyone here ever received a Kylo Ren Premier helmet in the last year?

I've had mine on pre-order and paid for for almost a year which according to this post isn't long enough. I'm wondering if I should just attempt to cancel my pre-order or wait it out since they reopened pre-orders...

24. gizmo

gizmo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just don't understand how the two main Star Wars prop liscence holders have just turned to s$&t. It's really bad. Such awesome products in the line up and then "whamo". Just sad. But I really don't care anymore as we have RS.

Ben

russellsch and Star Wars Helmets like this.
  25. AJK001

AJK001 Sr Member

I was over at Rebelscum yesterday and they have a thread there about how bad we at the RPF are for calling out Anovos and the first few pages are all about how great they are and how mean we are here but the last 10 pages or so have more and more people complaining about them and people saying they are going to cancel pre-orders. No one ever comes out and apologizes for trashing the RPF but by the end they pretty much agree with what is being said here.

26. Apollo

Apollo Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Meh, who cares what they say

Shills and mouth breathers over there if they have that attitude, and they will be the first to cry why we over here we’re not “Meaner” to Anovos once that house of cards closes down!

AJK001 and kokkari like this.
  27. Jediwannabe

Jediwannabe Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I wasn't sent the update about the General Merrick delay. What about all the other helmets that were to be delivered by fall of 2018? I've got 11 items on preorder with them. Starting to have concern....

28. oblagon

I wouldn't be surprised if Anovos is performing check kiting and that's the cause for the long refund times

29. halliwax

What’s check kiting?

30. halliwax

Just googled it... interesting

31. oblagon

For others who may not know:
    "Check kiting or cheque kiting is a form of check fraud, involving taking advantage of the float to make use of non-existent funds in a checking or other bank account. In this way, instead of being used as a negotiable instrument, checks are misused as a form of unauthorized credit."

halliwax likes this.
  32. halliwax

It idiot terms (the kind im not familiar with) they are using the money given to them for product on other things then the product

:) am I right ?!

33. oblagon

It's when someone writes a check greater than the account balance in bank A, then they write a check from bank B that's greater than the account balance. Then deposit the check from bank B into bank A to cover the funds.

halliwax likes this.
  34. darthjones2

Mean?!!!!!! LOL!!! I've been holding back!!!!

AJK001 likes this.
  35. karmajay

karmajay Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm pretty disappointed by the lack of updates for the Fall SW stuff. Definitely tempted to start the refund process even if it takes a couple of months. The things I could buy with the money tied up with them :(

36. kokkari

kokkari Sr Member

Just got an email to hurry and pre order the darth vader helmet. Blahahaha I'm on it! (y)

37. karmajay

karmajay Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well, I put in for a refund which means stuff should start shipping soon! ;)

Nine orders for over 4k. Might as well start the process. A punch in the gut especially since I was an early defender because they were actually shipping SW items back then.

The good news was the rep said if I had not received a refund for an item AND that item starts shipping I can cancel the refund and get the item. If that is the policy I wonder if that is why they stretch out that refund window. I bet the majority of people would cancel the refund if they could get the item. (If they started shipping SW items again anyway)

I'd really be interested in a candid discussion of why they have (had) so many SW item issues when they either turn it around or stop offering them. They still ship out items from other franchises just fine.

sparrowfan likes this.
  38. JetSetWilly

JetSetWilly Well-Known Member

Of course that’s why they say 12 weeks for a refund.

I read someone contacted Disney about the excessive refund times. It was apparently escalated and they received a refund the following day.

There is no reason why any company would take 3 months to refund. They’re making it up as they go along, crossing their fingers all the way.

39. halliwax

Wow.. I feel sorry for you guys who have thousands invested and waiting years... not very cool at all

40. pepperbone

..."reality" is the new "mean".

Apollo likes this.
  41. pepperbone

I wasn't either. I fetched it from their website.

42. sparrowfan

sparrowfan Well-Known Member

i asked for a refund on my premier kylo ren ensemble last week.
    we'll see how it goes. given the same 8-12 weeks processing time

43. oblagon

If boggles my mind how spectacular the US prop companies fail. The SW license should have had anovos printing money. Instead RS is killing it and releasing props at a steady pace.

44. pepperbone

...I gotta say, if I wasn't busy, I'd evaluate the prospect of getting a SW merch license from LFL and replace ANOVOS. I'm not kidding.
    We're all fans, we all enjoy the franchise to the point where we're willing to spend some serious money for it - so there's a small market for it.

45. Spankuh

Spankuh Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was optimistic for a long time, but not any longer. They are obviously having problems and handling it horribly. The lack of communication with customers is unbelievable. The FOTK kit is still listed as shipping in fall 2018. That has to be a product with huge pre-order numbers, so wouldn't communication about it be a high priority? The news about delayed refunds is especially troubling. I had pre-ordered a Tie Pilot helmet back in 2015, then decided to put the funds into something else. I got a refund within days.

46. oblagon

I see all over the internet people are now asking for refunds from Anovos. This image sprung to mind...
    rats.jpg

halliwax likes this.
  47. Sean Hebein

Sean Hebein Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Have they sent an official update yet about missing Fall?

48. Spankuh

Spankuh Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Nothing . . .

49. cinderbike

cinderbike Jr Member

Nope. But I did get an email about open spots for TFA helmet pre-orders.

50. cinderbike

cinderbike Jr Member

If RS had the license and started making FO stuff I think we'd all be happier.