ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

Thankyou!:)

- - - Updated - - -

Over $600 is way too much for a helmet that doesn't come with a display stand or anything else. Congrats to those getting one.

Possibly electronics?'

I didn't see if it said it had them or not.

Outside of that, materials, timing, production location and production company can all be factors.

I'll bet the kylo will arrive around March next year... it's too close for 4th quarter now... it's wishful thinking... just like the master replicas rots vader helmet was promised for Christmas...

I think the higher cost of the new movie helmets reflects the higher level of production they have for the modern movies. OT stuff is just vac-formed and riveted/screwed together. Weren't the TFA stormies injection moulded etc?

Ok... I just have to ask. How did Cry-Lo Ren get banned in the last 7 hours? I'm a little shocked it hasn't happened to me yet, but just a little morbidly curious...

I just got one of the fiberglass helmets in for paint and I've got to be honest.. I am very unimpressed. The lines aren't straight, the liner looks shoddily hot glued in, the lenses are paper thin and obstructs vision, and it's rediculously heavy. Why on earth anyone would pay $600 for this when their standard looks better is beyond me. The whole helmet just looks off..

IMG_9567.JPGIMG_9568.JPGIMG_9569.JPG

Last edited:
I would have been in for the Death Trooper helmet at $300-400, but $650 after shipping is ridiculous especially since it appears that there's no LED lighting in it. Easy pass for me.

Yea for $300-$400 I would be all in. Oh well more money in my pocket. I'm looking for some master replicas Grail items anyway.

I would have been in for the Death Trooper helmet at $300-400, but $650 after shipping is ridiculous especially since it appears that there's no LED lighting in it. Easy pass for me.
Who produces a fully finished helmet like this for $300 - $400? I'm not aware of anyone.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Who produces a fully finished helmet like this for $300 - $400? I'm not aware of anyone.

No one does but this isn't an exact replica either. It's made to be a costume piece. So without the accuracy, not to include anything else, it's high IMO. Congrats to those that can afford it but I'll be out of the Anovos helmet game. I'll stick with their Luke and Han costumes.

Over $600 is way too much for a helmet that doesn't come with a display stand or anything else. Congrats to those getting one.

The helmet sold out, so Anovos definitely priced it perfectly.

As hard as I've been on Anovos, I have to say - "Kudos! Bang up job (so far), GotMaul". ;) I hope this new system works out for you guys. Can't wait to see more of your Rogue One products (Darth Vader?). :)

No one does but this isn't an exact replica either. It's made to be a costume piece. So without the accuracy, not to include anything else, it's high IMO. Congrats to those that can afford it but I'll be out of the Anovos helmet game. I'll stick with their Luke and Han costumes.
It is still a fully finished fiberglass helmet.

What makes it less accurate than one created by fans who only have photos to go by? There are many examples of fans making items, then releasing a more accurate version later. In this case, I have much more confidence that the company that scanned an actual helmet is more accurate than one made by someone who has never even touched one of the actual helmets.

The costume vs replica argument seems silly to always imply Anovos is less accurate. I don't think that has much to do with visual accuracy of the exterior. It may have more to do with how it is constructed and wearability. Sometimes it involves more cleanup than some like, but others do like it.

Considering most of the non-licensed fully finished fiberglass helmets are also in the $550+ price range, I don't understand the argument that the Anovos is too high. Producing a finished fiberglass helmet isn't cheap.

There is a reason plastic helmets are much cheaper. They have have much less labor and material costs.

I'm perfectly fine that it doesn't include a stand. That could add at least $50 for the cost of the stand and the additional shipping cost.

I would like a plaque like the Master Replicas products had. That wouldn't add much cost.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back