ANOVOS picks up the high-end Star Wars Costuming License!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Inquisitor Peregrinus

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Also find it interesting that both companies are based in California. Wonder how much cross-pollenation there is between the two -- if Joe and/or Dana know th efolks running xCoser and this might be a way to circumvent losing the Star Wars license with Anovos...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ggriffaw

Sr Member
Also find it interesting that both companies are based in California. Wonder how much cross-pollenation there is between the two -- if Joe and/or Dana know th efolks running xCoser and this might be a way to circumvent losing the Star Wars license with Anovos...
I see the California area code, but most of the website looks like it has been poorly translated into English. This is from the Jango Fett helmet page. "This item is in development and may be available for sale in Nov. please add to your wish list, don't buy it after in Sep. we will see if have 50 people like we will do and the price below"

The vast majority of the Xcoser products are at a lower level than the Anovos items. The Anovos-like items seem out of line with what Xcoser normally offers. It is similar to how people were concerned about Neca/Rubies taking over the higher end Anovos items.

I don't believe any of the Anovos-like items on the Xcoser website are currently in the product list Denuo Novo provided. Maybe excluding or delaying certain items was part of the agreement with Denuo Novo allowing for items to be sold through other channels.

There appears to be some kind of connection. It's hard to know if Xcoser is selling these items on their own or if there is an agreement.

Jagjaguwar

Sr Member
I had always assumed that Xcoser was just one of the many Chinese companies who produce low quality stuff and use pics taken from elsewhere. That Vader and jango helmet are definitely just Anovos product photos. I’d be interested in seeing if the actual product you’d receive would look anything like that. Impossible to make any conclusions based on the photos they have on the site- they could be selling anything. Also very very common on eBay and elsewhere for Chinese companies to have “addresses” in California. So that’d be another red flag for me, along with the poorly worded product descriptions.

edit: Whois search of their xcoser.com domain shows a registration out of Hong Kong.

Last edited:

Jagjaguwar

Sr Member
Also, I tried taking a look for any sort of screen caps from TFA of the flame trooper and found this, I’m assuming from launch bay or something, and so maybe it’s screen used or production made and maybe it’s something else, but the black lines look similarly rough:

drftfan

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Something is up for sure. I will say though I have not heard of Xcoser pulling a bait and switch before. I mean they seem like one of the more legit China based companies selling cosplay items.

Inquisitor Peregrinus

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Huh... When I was first researching them, it looked like they were an American company with manufacturing in China. Wonder what I missed. At any rate, yeah -- they're like a cheaper Rubies. Very hit-and-miss. I learned the hard way to not trust any description of their product until I have it in hand. And yeah, the original film costumes for the various First Order troops was made using new techniques. Time balance meant focusing on the extra time needed to make the up-close ones look good. The background troopers really don't stand up to close scrutiny.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.