RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You are reasoning as though Anovos is an individual, whose feelings might be hurt. They are not...they're a business. So no. I 100% disagree. As a business you either assist someone or you don't. You don't assist someone less because they were "aggressive" in their response to your faulty product and lack of service.I wouldn't call waiting a week or two before escalating to the credit card company enabling. It's giving them a chance to try to make the situation right. If someone gets aggressive with you quickly, are you more or less likely to want to help them?
Me going to AMEX did not prevent them from making things right. Claims can be dropped and I would have, had there been a resolution. They chose not to out of spite or because they didn't care. They could have reached out over the last 4 weeks to see if a resolution could be found on a more amicable basis. They explicitly chose not to.
But let's say I waited, do you honestly think it would have just been a 2 week ordeal??? Or would it be closer to the scenario below?
- "We are investigating this." At least 1 -2 weeks go by. 90 days have passed since the date of purchase, purchase is no longer protected by AMEX.
- "We need better pictures"
- Send better pictures
- Another 2 weeks go by. "Oh no, that looks like normal paint variation." *changes production description* "See the website, it states that that can occur very clearly."
- Write rebuttal and send even better pictures
- Two weeks later. "You'll have to send us your helmet."
- Send the helmet back, pay for shipping. Wait another 4 weeks for to that to be processed.
- "We received the helmet which looks normal to us. But we will be sending you a new helmet as soon as it is manufactured, we are currently out of stock. It's either that iyou can take store credit."
- A month goes by. "A shipping label has been created but due to COVID-19 we are having issues shipping."
- Maybe 3 months later receive a helmet.
Again, this item was in stock. I don't think you understand that plenty of patience has been shown.
Looks like we'll never agree on this, but I'm sure many others will see my point. Let's just agree to disagree, I guess.